****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

36 years old and still the most dangerous player on the field with the ball at his feet. What a shot.

Of course Messi's pass will naturally get the attention but that touch by Jordi Alba was bananas.

Folarin Balogun has completed his move from Arsenal to Monaco in a transfer worth €40million (£34.4m; $43.4m) after add-ons.

The two clubs agreed a fee of €30m plus €10m in add-ons for the USMNT striker, and Arsenal have inserted a 17.5 per cent sell-on clause into the deal.

The 22-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the Ligue 1 club.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 7:20 AM, Khani1 said:

I had no idea how nice of dude Messi was until he got here. One of the most likable athletes of all time. 

For me he was always more likable than the Glamorous One. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jude Bellingham is the best player in the world, it’s not particularly close, and he’s barely 20 years old.

Finally England have a player worthy of the hype.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Jude Bellingham is the best player in the world, it’s not particularly close, and he’s barely 20 years old.

Finally England have a player worthy of the hype.

Just now seeing the score and he is playing crazy right now. Southgate will F it up

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just now seeing the score and he is playing crazy right now. Southgate will F it up

Honestly, I could see Jude pulling England to the cup if he’s playing like this. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. There have been some all-time greats who finished at this pace, but the fact that he’s doing it from the midfield is incredible.

But it’s not just the goals — his work rate, defense, passing, ball possession, etc is all world class.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TEW said:

Honestly, I could see Jude pulling England to the cup if he’s playing like this. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. There have been some all-time greats who finished at this pace, but the fact that he’s doing it from the midfield is incredible.

But it’s not just the goals — his work rate, defense, passing, ball possession, etc is all world class.

He’s literally the complete package. He’s just so so good and he can do it all. I knew he was good but I’m really surprised by his goal return so far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

11 minutes in and Barca’s back line is completely overmatched by Madrid’s speed and through balls.

2-0, could be 3-0.

Vinicius and Rodrygo are running rampant beating the offsides.

Super Copa ends 4-1, really should have been 5 or 6.

Barca just had no answers for Madrid’s attacking movement.