****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

20 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

F that ref, F those fans, and F the Mexican players. They got pantsed so they go out trying to hurt our newest player and start picking fights? F'ing has-been losers who can't come close to beating us, so they have to settle to try to ruin our chances against Canada.

This.

Effing scumbag a-holes on the Mexican team. Effing pu$$ies.

To be fair though, not sure how much we can draw from this considering how Canada played like absolute garbage. Their defense was horrible, got caught ball watching on almost every corner and just overly passive in general. Also not sure what was up with Davies, he looked like he was on the bubble to make an MLS team. We would've absolutely blown the doors off them if Dest, McKennie and Adams were in the lineup. But either way, I'll take it, and was nice to see Balogun threaten the middle to complement Pulisic on the outside, with Gio behind them with some nice assists.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

To be fair though, not sure how much we can draw from this considering how Canada played like absolute garbage. Their defense was horrible, got caught ball watching on almost every corner and just overly passive in general. Also not sure what was up with Davies, he looked like he was on the bubble to make an MLS team. We would've absolutely blown the doors off them if Dest, McKennie and Adams were in the lineup. But either way, I'll take it, and was nice to see Balogun threaten the middle to complement Pulisic on the outside, with Gio behind them with some nice assists.

The run was perfect, the way he pointed where he wanted the ball, strength, and finish are something we really need at ST.

Good teams beat bad teams something Gregg's teams didn't do but even though he would say won the possession battle so won. 

Dream is he fails out at COPA and Pep retires from club team to coach the national team. He has said he wants to coach a national team in next few years 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The run was perfect, the way he pointed where he wanted the ball, strength, and finish are something we really need at ST.

Good teams beat bad teams something Gregg's teams didn't do but even though he would say won the possession battle so won. 

Dream is he fails out at COPA and Pep retires from club team to coach the national team. He has said he wants to coach a national team in next few years 

Pep ain't coming here. Come on, man. :lol:

Just now, we_gotta_believe said:

Pep ain't coming here. Come on, man. :lol:

He sees a winner!!! 

The more you learn about this epic sham rehiring of Berhalter the more it makes your blood boil.  The USSF is a clown show of the absolute highest order and Im seriously considering not even watching anymore until hes gone.  

Whats the point, I can just watch MLS 

33 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

The more you learn about this epic sham rehiring of Berhalter the more it makes your blood boil.  The USSF is a clown show of the absolute highest order and Im seriously considering not even watching anymore until hes gone.  

Whats the point, I can just watch MLS 

Now do the GOP. :lol:

On 6/14/2023 at 9:13 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Ronaldo contract was 200 million a year for two years for Saudi 

Messi got offered $1.6 billion over three years. 

So again tell me who is more popular, when I look at those numbers it says Messi is worth twice as much as the other guy. 

That offer was a BS report by Helena Condis Edo who is a Barca super fan. Not sure if you actually follow Spanish soccer, but 99% of the stories are nonsense. If he was actually offered 1.6B he would have taken it. Use your head.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

RM ain't gonna win the title next year as well

They’re trying to sign Mbappe. Perez isn’t going to tell some random fan "we’re trying to sign the best player in the world.”

Might have to wait until January to sign him on a free which is fine in my opinion. Joselu was the third highest scorer in La Liga and is fine for a rebuilding year until we bring in Mbappe. We just signed Bellingham for 100M, it makes sense to be tight lipped and financially prudent.

8 hours ago, TEW said:

That offer was a BS report by Helena Condis Edo who is a Barca super fan. Not sure if you actually follow Spanish soccer, but 99% of the stories are nonsense. If he was actually offered 1.6B he would have taken it. Use your head.

Uhh, Romano was reporting an offer of $400M per year back in April. Is he a Barca fanboy too? Are you gonna try to claim that offer didn't go up once Messi's deal with Miami started to come together?

So at the very least, Messi was offered twice as much as crynaldo, for a fairly simple reason: crynaldo is a washed up has-been that will forever live in the shadow of the goat and most beloved soccer player to have ever set foot on the pitch. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 11:56 AM, LacesOut said:

The Gold Cup roster for the US is…ugh and ewwww.

Its our like, borderline C team.

The scary thing is you know Berhalter is watching these mostly-scrubs like 

625.thumb.jpg.6514d378061b8071341a6a0b713c075b.jpg

In other news, Tim Weah to Juve.  F yeah.  Im so glad McKennie didnt ruin Americans for them.  

Now Pulisic needs to go to Milan and we're good.  

• Like 1

Pulisic to Milan, there we go....Serie A just got a lot more interesting, love it...  

Especially because my team got royally F'ed today in a fashion only possible in Italy but hey that's another story 

• Like 1

USL to vote on promotion and relegation.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37996709/usl-set-vote-promotion-relegation-august-source

I like it, I hope it passes.  A lot of fans who havent experienced the thrill of promotion/relegation will love this dynamic.  (It would be awesome for basketball too IMO, and solve their pathetic tanking/load management problem immediately, but thats another thread).

MLS has stonewalled this forever, and it mostly made sense to follow the American closed league system as the league and sport developed.  But its inevitable for soccer here, IMO.  There are just too many teams growing too quickly and MLS cant hold them down forever. 

• Like 1