****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

3 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

My god.  S T F U

:roll: 

How could anyone not support our women???  Its so unAmerican...

download.jpeg.97838cae1ca9b8d9ba68b579dac5c2ad.jpeg

F off.  Enjoy irrelevancy.  Guarantee womens soccer will never, ever be as popular again.   The USMNT and WNT are trending in opposite directions.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Great, so they can F him over like they did to Pulisic.    Screw Chelsea.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

You gonna still **** when a USWNT full of trans women wins the next five World Cups???

:roll: 

Uhhh, yep.

As for Morgan, she can still be a role player but not the role they asked her to play.   In any case, she is still welcome in my lair anytime she likes.

3 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

Guarantee womens soccer will never, ever be as popular again.

• Its second group stage match against the Netherlands on July 26 drew 6.43 million viewers, a 21% increase over four years ago, according to Fox Sports. It set the record for a Women's World Cup group-stage match on English-language television in the U.S.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/03/us-women-world-cup-viewership-records

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Yeah, Lunin — the backup — is really talented but untested.

There’s talk of bringing in DGG which is less than exciting.

I wonder if we could convince Buffon to come out of retirement for one last shot at a UCL? He’d be a good compliment to Lunin with his experience.

9 minutes ago, TEW said:

Yeah, Lunin — the backup — is really talented but untested.

There’s talk of bringing in DGG which is less than exciting.

I wonder if we could convince Buffon to come out of retirement for one last shot at a UCL? He’d be a good compliment to Lunin with his experience.

Heavy talks of DDG already. 

Buffon was playing at Parma last few years 

Harry Kane has agreed to join Bayern Munich and personal terms are in place on a proposed four-year contract.

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Heavy talks of DDG already. 

Buffon was playing at Parma last few years 

Buffon retired just this offseason. He was rumored to come to Madrid many times, since back in the Iker days. I know Perez loves him and tried to bring him in. Figured his experience would be a nice complement to Lunin, but reports are they don’t trust him to be the #1 GK.

The other name being thrown about is Bono from Sevilla. If we could get him for the reported €20M that would be a nice stop gap.

Also now reading Kolo Muani is a target since Mbappe has made clear he will see out his QSG deal. I’m doubtful though… he’d cost 9 figures and then would go to the bench if Mbappe signs on a free next offseason. Plus Endrick will come next summer.

I’d love to see Balogun in a white shirt. He’d work well in the current team, I think, and at around 50 million wouldn’t totally break the bank.

Premier League Title may have opened up

Kevin De Bruyne: Man City midfielder 'out for a while' with hamstring injury 

22 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Chelsea, what are you doing or do you even have any idea what your doing. 

Doesn't seem to be a plan

Militao out for the season with an ACL.

Rough start to the season for Madrid with 2 key players out on ACLs and Guler needing knee surgery on top of it.

3 hours ago, TEW said:

Militao out for the season with an ACL.

Rough start to the season for Madrid with 2 key players out on ACLs and Guler needing knee surgery on top of it.

It will be interesting to see how Kepa does. He played really well last year after several years of weak play. 

7 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

It will be interesting to see how Kepa does. He played really well last year after several years of weak play. 

He was originally our backup plan if we didn’t get TC, so it’s kind of a full circle thing.

Maybe playing in Spain will help him.

2 hours ago, TEW said:

He was originally our backup plan if we didn’t get TC, so it’s kind of a full circle thing.

Maybe playing in Spain will help him.

Definitely. His form was great last year so he just needs to continue. 

On 8/14/2023 at 9:15 AM, we_gotta_believe said:

Sounds like Saudi bags Neymar too. Lame.

Most overrated player of this generation especially when you spend most of your prime on BS leagues 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Most overrated player of this generation especially when you spend most of your prime on BS leagues 

I mean, yeah maybe, depending on where you think he was "being rated" but he still had a ton of talent despite all the controversy and antics. Still sucks to see a player of that level, especially at that age, go to the saudi league. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He was a top 5 player in the world for a few years with Barca. Never lived up to his true potential though.

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I mean, yeah maybe, depending on where you think he was "being rated" but he still had a ton of talent despite all the controversy and antics. Still sucks to see a player of that level, especially at that age, go to the saudi league. 

He for sure is talented but will be forgotten in history because of where he played and won nothing for PSG. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He for sure is talented but will be forgotten in history because of where he played and won nothing for PSG. 

He still has another shot, if Brazil can regroup in '26, he has a decent chance of leading the young guns down there to their 6th trophy.