****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Beckham was before social media started to gain traction and the other names don't have nearly the draw Messi has. No one gives a crap about Pirlo 

Apple+ is going to see a major boost in subscriptions 

what-did-you-say-ron-burgundy.gif

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Messi has once again out maneuvered Ronaldo with him going to the US. No one cares about Ronaldo and him playing in Saudi, while Messi off a WC coming to the US is going to be start of a trend and only increase his brand

Going to Saudi is like the China trying to buy all those guys a few years ago. 

Ronaldo is making €150M per season. He’s the most famous athlete in the world. I’m guessing he doesn’t care what random fans think.

10 minutes ago, TEW said:

Ronaldo is making €150M per season. He’s the most famous athlete in the world. I’m guessing he doesn’t care what random fans think.

I would be willing to bet he gets jealous of the publicity that Messi is about to get and he tries to weasel his way to MLS. 

Messi is about to laugh at 150 million a year. 

11 hours ago, TEW said:

Maybe before Messi cemented his GOAT status by adding a third star to Argentina's shield, but surely not now. 

Really pulling for an Inter upset tomorrow

-F Man City and what they represent, just throwing money around until they win

-my cousin is a huge Inter fan

-Simone Inzaghi's brother Pippo coaches my team Reggina

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

Really pulling for an Inter upset tomorrow

-F Man City and what they represent, just throwing money around until they win

-my cousin is a huge Inter fan

-Simone Inzaghi's brother Pippo coaches my team Reggina

I hope more than anything I'm wrong but looking at it Inter have had an unbelievably lucky draw to even get to the final while City have knocked out Bayern and Real without really breathing hard, and Bayern beat Inter home and away without conceding a goal in the group stage.

Inter are playing Dzeko who wasn't good enough for City 8 years ago.

They've got your traditional punchers chance if City are complacent and they defend for their lives before nicking a late goal on the break but that's about it.

If City score early it will be a massacre.

On 6/8/2023 at 10:28 AM, we_gotta_believe said:

Maybe before Messi cemented his GOAT status by adding a third star to Argentina's shield, but surely not now. 

No, he still is, and still the best player of the modern game.

4 minutes ago, TEW said:

No, he still is, and still the best player of the modern game.

:roll: Crynaldo fanboy thoroughly detached from reality. Hardly surprising.

On 6/9/2023 at 4:59 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

:roll: Crynaldo fanboy thoroughly detached from reality. Hardly surprising.

Larger endorsement deals, more social media followers… he’s the most popular athlete in the world. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Larger endorsement deals, more social media followers… he’s the most popular athlete in the world. It is what it is.

:roll:

221218184732-messi-wc-trophy-super-169.j

2 hours ago, TEW said:

One player is irrelevant in Saudi and other is getting % of Adidas and Apple sales. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 9:25 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

One player is irrelevant in Saudi and other is getting % of Adidas and Apple sales. 

And the guy in Saudi Arabia is making more money and is more popular, even while playing in Saudi Arabia. :lol: 

Hey guys, remember that time Ronaldo played in and won the most highly viewed soccer game in the history of mankind? Ya, me neither. :lol:

5 hours ago, TEW said:

And the guy in Saudi Arabia is making more money and is more popular, even while playing in Saudi Arabia. :lol: 

Ronaldo contract was 200 million a year for two years for Saudi 

Messi got offered $1.6 billion over three years. 

So again tell me who is more popular, when I look at those numbers it says Messi is worth twice as much as the other guy. 

• Like 1

The greatest job you can have on this earth is getting hired by the USSF to "search" for a new head coach.

• Like 1

Love the 3-0 result!! Especially against Mexico.

Not too thrilled with the bringing back of Berhalter. Wanted to see a new direction/path for the Team. Oh well.

If he sucks with COPA next year, fire him and don't give him a chance at 2026.

Would be nice if the federation was transparent with who else was considered 

F that ref, F those fans, and F the Mexican players. They got pantsed so they go out trying to hurt our newest player and start picking fights? F'ing has-been losers who can't come close to beating us, so they have to settle to try to ruin our chances against Canada.

• Like 3