****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Complete and utter joke that is. I'm at a loss for words. 

Why? That is two and half weeks away. The stadiums will be empty. England is trending downwards. 

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Why? That is two and half weeks away. The stadiums will be empty. England is trending downwards. 

So why can't I play football? Why have the other leagues and women's football cancelled their seasons? It's all about money. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So why can't I play football? Why have the other leagues and women's football cancelled their seasons? It's all about money. 

You can't have everyone start at once so you start the big boys first to see how the kinks are worked out and so forth because they have the money to operate. 

The other leagues can't operate without a stadium full of fans so they don't play.

The Bundesliga and UFC have shown you can put on live events without major hiccups 

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You can't have everyone start at once so you start the big boys first to see how the kinks are worked out and so forth because they have the money to operate. 

The other leagues can't operate without a stadium full of fans so they don't play.

The Bundesliga and UFC have shown you can put on live events without major hiccups 

Sorry bud but that's complete BS. The reason, the only reason, the EPL is coming back is because of money. Not to pave the way for the rest. Not to test out what may or may not work. Its all down to money. 

Sure thing buddy. Let's just not move on with our lives in a safe environment where every player is tested before they step on the pitch. 

Not like every other sport is moving in that direction nor are countries starting to loosen restrictions. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sure thing buddy. Let's just not move on with our lives in a safe environment where every player is tested before they step on the pitch. 

Not like every other sport is moving in that direction nor are countries starting to loosen restrictions. 

It just doesn't sit well with me. That's my view and my opinion.

So Timo Werner has agreed to join Chelsea. I'll be honest I know very little about him other than that he's a highly regarded, fairly young player who plays in Germany. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So Timo Werner has agreed to join Chelsea. I'll be honest I know very little about him other than that he's a highly regarded, fairly young player who plays in Germany. 

Speed and clinical finishing are his calling cards. Plays best when he is positioned between the midfield and attack... more of a shadow striker than a #10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Speed and clinical finishing are his calling cards. Plays best when he is positioned between the midfield and attack... more of a shadow striker than a #10.

Lovely thank you for that. Chelsea need that kind of player, they need someone who can create and score goals having lost Hazard last summer. He could play behind Abraham I guess?

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lovely thank you for that. Chelsea need that kind of player, they need someone who can create and score goals having lost Hazard last summer. He could play behind Abraham I guess?

Yeah. You want him using his speed.  Give him a target man type in front of him and let him wonder around in a free role so that he can burst into space. That speed us really his calling card.  He's gotten better at passing, but still, you want him as a finisher.

28 minutes ago, TEW said:

Yeah. You want him using his speed.  Give him a target man type in front of him and let him wonder around in a free role so that he can burst into space. That speed us really his calling card.  He's gotten better at passing, but still, you want him as a finisher.

Will be interesting to see how that fits with Abraham though because it sounds like neither are the creative types.

On 5/30/2020 at 3:37 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It just doesn't sit well with me. That's my view and my opinion.

You're just sour that Liverpool is going to win a PL.

On 6/5/2020 at 2:45 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Will be interesting to see how that fits with Abraham though because it sounds like neither are the creative types.

Pulisic and Willian will fill those roles along the flanks and dipping into the middle.   Big move by Chelsea to fill a pretty nasty hole in the lineup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

You're just sour that Liverpool is going to win a PL.

Meh I'm not really bothered about that. This title will always have some kind of label with it. Their fans can't even properly celebrate it so I'll take that. 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Meh I'm not really bothered about that. This title will always have some kind of label with it. Their fans can't even properly celebrate it so I'll take that. 

Honestly they only need like 5 pts with 8 matches left or whatever it is.  Like them or not they deserve to win it.  The label is poppycock.

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Pulisic and Willian will fill those roles along the flanks and dipping into the middle.   Big move by Chelsea to fill a pretty nasty hole in the lineup.

How was Pulisic doing before the COVID stuff?  Last I checked he was in and out of the starting lineup.

13 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Honestly they only need like 5 pts with 8 matches left or whatever it is.  Like them or not they deserve to win it.  The label is poppycock.

It may be but its true. It'll be the title that was won when COVID-19 shutdown the world. 

13 hours ago, TEW said:

How was Pulisic doing before the COVID stuff?  Last I checked he was in and out of the starting lineup.

He was nicked up a bit and missed some time. Overall his season was up and down but he did well when healthy. They need another weapon to help open things up and maybe Werner is the guy. 

52 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

He was nicked up a bit and missed some time. Overall his season was up and down but he did well when healthy. They need another weapon to help open things up and maybe Werner is the guy. 

Do you think Werner, Pulisic and Abrahams can work in the same team?

41 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do you think Werner, Pulisic and Abrahams can work in the same team?

Absolutely. They don’t all need to be on the pitch together all the time.  You need five good guys up top to rotate around. Willian, Pulisic, Abraham’s, Mount, and now Werner. Pedro is the odd man out. 

Plus they can now sell Giroud. Not the best group but a good young set of guns with one older guy in Willian. 

• 2 weeks later...

The EPL is back... And naturally its back with more technology problems. Pretty much sums the EPL up. 

Is Man City still banned for next two Champions League? I can't find anything since the appeal back in Feb