****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Is Man City still banned for next two Champions League? I can't find anything since the appeal back in Feb

The hearing was this past week. The verdict isn't until some time in July. 

• Like 1

Good game between Spurs and Man Utd. The last ten minutes was exciting football and Pogda definitely made an impact getting that penalty kick. 

Still a bit sloppy but better than Wednesday game 

14 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Good game between Spurs and Man Utd. The last ten minutes was exciting football and Pogda definitely made an impact getting that penalty kick. 

Still a bit sloppy but better than Wednesday game 

Time for De Gea to go though right?

28 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Time for De Gea to go though right?

When you have a better one at Sheffield on loan, yes

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

When you have a better one at Sheffield on loan, yes

Yeah I agree. Don't miss out on giving the youngster a chance whilst in a rebuild. 

I think if they can get Sancho and add another holding midfielder they might be out of the rebuild. Ole has done a great job of playing young kids and getting them experience. As well a lot of the starters have improved since the beginning of the year especially Fred. 

Screenshot_20200620-213552.png

Just watched a replay of the Merseyside Derby and it was weird watching a football match without any fans in the stadium.  I was watching an NBC Sports replay and they did have some crowd noise (taped from previous matches, only audible to the home viewer, it wasn't piped into the stadium), though it was barely noticeable.  Just white background noise, really.  They offered an option to listen to the match without the faux crowd noise, but it wasn't available for a replay.  

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think if they can get Sancho and add another holding midfielder they might be out of the rebuild. Ole has done a great job of playing young kids and getting them experience. As well a lot of the starters have improved since the beginning of the year especially Fred. 

I think they are 2 years away. I think they could contend the season after next if they get their signings right. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Terrible day for soccer. RIP soccer. 

I wondered if you were still alive :P

So Chelsea looks really good.  They had gotten worn down a bit but the break has helped.  With the xfers they have coming in they will compete next year though they could use another Center Half and one more holding midfielder.  Look out though over the next couple years.  Lots of youth and English youth at that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I wondered if you were still alive :P

So Chelsea looks really good.  They had gotten worn down a bit but the break has helped.  With the xfers they have coming in they will compete next year though they could use another Center Half and one more holding midfielder.  Look out though over the next couple years.  Lots of youth and English youth at that.

I'd like to see Chelsea compete actually. I think that would be good for soccer. 

Madrid top of the table in La Liga and control their own destiny. A story being lost this season is how good the defense has been. It’s like the complete opposite of the Zidane/Ronaldo teams that dominated Europe with Marcelo playing as the most advanced attacker on the pitch. Mendy has been a revelation, Ramos and Varane have been absolute walls, and Casemiro might be the best midfielder in the world right now with his offensive game improved and his defensive quality taken to an even greater level.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Madrid will be forced to sell Hakimi as he wants to be a guaranteed starter and at Madrid he would be forced to compete with Carvajal. This is going to be a huge loss. If he’s not world class yet, then he soon will be. Sounds like Milan are going to get him for the bargain price of only €40M. I’m shocked every super club in the world isn’t bidding for him. The kid is already a star and he’s just scratching the surface of his potential.

How does Liverpool go 30 years between winning their 18th and 19th titles?  They’re like the Yankees.

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

How does Liverpool go 30 years between winning their 18th and 19th titles?  They’re like the Yankees.

I know... Why oh why couldn't they have gone longer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Benzema might be the best attacking player in La Liga this season, including you know who. His game winning Guti level assist today:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TEW said:

Benzema might be the best attacking player in La Liga this season, including you know who. His game winning Guti level assist today:

That's delightful. Off the back of his wonder goal the other night too.

• Like 1

Kid is 18 years old and what a finish. I think it is 16 starts, 13 goals, 4 assists this year. 

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kid is 18 years old and what a finish. I think it is 16 starts, 13 goals, 4 assists this year. 

Is that right? Wow I didn't realise it was that many goals actually. That's really impressive. He's good a bright future. 

Great battle shaping up for the final two CL spots between Leicester, Chelsea, ManU, and Wolves. Tott and Arse close enough to get in the picture if they can make a run. 

Note: could be 3 spots if Citeh lose their appeal. 

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Great battle shaping up for the final two CL spots between Leicester, Chelsea, ManU, and Wolves. Tott and Arse close enough to get in the picture if they can make a run. 

Mathematically they are in it but realistically they don't have the consistency so they are out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Mathematically they are in it but realistically they don't have the consistency so they are out. 

Who? Tott and Arse?

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Who? Tott and Arse?

Yeah neither are good enough or consistent enough at this late stage. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Who? Tott and Arse?

It's between Wolves, Chelsea and Man Utd and think Leicester City will be on the outside 

Is he right or left footed or just doesn't matter. Greenwood is already a world class striker at 18