****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

6 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

Never count out Frank playing his son out of position at the expense of his team's best player.

Who's his son? 

Comes down to the wire as we thought. 

22 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Comes down to the wire as we thought. 

Certainly does.

My prediction... Chelsea and Leicester finish top 4.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Certainly does.

My prediction... Chelsea and Leicester finish top 4.

Nah. ManU will make it

9 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Nah. ManU will make it

Nah they drop the ball every opportunity they are given. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're just being a debbie downer and cushioning yourself for the worst.  They'll be fine.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

You're just being a debbie downer and cushioning yourself for the worst.  They'll be fine.

No I'm really not. I don't care either way if they make the top 4 or not. I'm looking at it with an unbiased view. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Nah they win 

Leicester has half the team hurt and 3/4 starting on the back line are hurt. 

James Maddison (hip), Ben Chilwell (ankle), Christian Fuchs (hip), Daniel Amartey (foot) and Ricardo Pereira (knee) will all be unavailable while Caglar Soyuncu misses out due to suspension.

Rodgers has confirmed that Albrighton is the only player who could return if he passes a late fitness test.

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Leicester has half the team hurt and 3/4 starting on the back line are hurt. 

All the more reason United will mess it up. I'm telling you bud this team is not made of the strong stuff. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

All the more reason United will mess it up. I'm telling you bud this team is not made of the strong stuff. 

I don't think Bruno and Ole will let them lose 

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I don't think Bruno and Ole will let them lose 

Bruno looks shattered from too many games. Ole? Overall he's still been in charge of one of the worst points seasons in the last 30 years. 

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bruno looks shattered from too many games. Ole? Overall he's still been in charge of one of the worst points seasons in the last 30 years. 

Happens when you have Jess Ligard as your attacking midfielder for half of the year. 

Just 90 more minutes 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Happens when you have Jess Ligard as your attacking midfielder for half of the year. 

Just 90 more minutes 

He could have gotten rid of him. Look Ole has done a lot of good for United but I don't think he is the right man to take them back to being truly competitive. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He could have gotten rid of him. Look Ole has done a lot of good for United but I don't think he is the right man to take them back to being truly competitive. 

How do you get rid of him when took an extra six months to sign a legit player.  Why Jesse wasn't even a bench option the other day because he is as good as gone. This is on Woodward more than anyone.

I would argue his game tactics are not the greatest but the quality depth at Man Utd still sucks. The academy is finally signing legit kids and players have definitely improved under him especially Martial.

It is still TBD if he can lead them to the promise land and starts tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

How do you get rid of him when took an extra six months to sign a legit player. 

Did you hear his comments the other day? About Greenwood? About the draw and how that result had no impact on standings? He’s out of his depth.

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did you hear his comments the other day? About Greenwood? About the draw and how that result had no impact on standings? He’s out of his depth.

Unless they won 3-0 then it didn't matter. 

Unless they hire Poch then they are fine building with him. 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Unless they won 3-0 then it didn't matter. 

Unless they hire Poch then they are fine building with him. 

It did matter because it meant a chelsea draw on Sunday would have been enough for them. It would have taken pressure off of them. Something they aren't good at handling. 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It did matter because it meant a chelsea draw on Sunday would have been enough for them. It would have taken pressure off of them. Something they aren't good at handling. 

Chelsea game didn't mean anything since was the FA Cup. 

He should have just parked the bus aka Jose style and if still in the match with 30 minutes left bought in the starters. I will concede and say he might have run his players into the ground but on the other hand he had needed every point to have a shot. 

11 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Chelsea game didn't mean anything since was the FA Cup. 

No a Chelsea draw against Wolves.

20 mins to go. ManU now up. Looking good. 

Fair play to United they needed a result and they got one. Hard fought from the sounds of it but they had the clinical edge that they needed. 

• Like 1

In the end the two top 6 teams make it. What has happened to the Arse?  They need something to happen. 

14 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

In the end the two top 6 teams make it. What has happened to the Arse?  They need something to happen. 

Them and Hot Spurs have a ways to go to compete 

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Them and Hot Spurs have a ways to go to compete 

Yeah I mean I'm not sure they'll get there now as both clubs have owners involved who limit their spending.