****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

Hmmm...  ManU with 4 dropped pts and Chelsea 6, ManU has to hold serve now.

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

I think Leicester City will keep falling especially with their best defender being suspended for the rest of the season and missing two other guys. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Chelsea still have to go to Liverpool don't they? And finish the season against Wolves? That's a couple of tough games. But they won last night so they put those points on the board. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Chelsea still have to go to Liverpool don't they? And finish the season against Wolves? That's a couple of tough games. But they won last night so they put those points on the board. 

Exactly. Far from over. 

43 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Exactly. Far from over. 

It may be about the only exciting story left in the PL this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It may be about the only exciting story left in the PL this season.

Chelsea were not very good last night but Norwich sucks. Guess three pts is three pts. 

34 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Chelsea were not very good last night but Norwich sucks. Guess three pts is three pts. 

As Fergie used to always say, points in the bag at this stage of the season is the most important.

• Like 1

Fergie said that?  I thought she was too busy dancing for Black Eyed Peas songs.  Just messing with you.  You were a former ManU supporter and I'm a life-long LFC supporter so we're technically at odds.  To me, first being an Eagles fan where we hadn't won a SB since the NFL changed over and LFC hadn't won the PL since that changed over it made sense to me to support BOTH.  Blue collar port cities whose fan base is despised by the rest of the country while they haven't won their title in dozens of years was uber appealing.  Now the Eagles have won their first SB and LFC have won their first EPL Title.  This is good times.  19+6!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green_Guinness said:

Fergie said that?  I thought she was too busy dancing for Black Eyed Peas songs

No no the BEP Fergie said that. She's a well known inspirational speaker... 😁

• Haha 1

Leicester with a big win. It is going down to the wire. 

45 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Leicester with a big win. It is going down to the wire. 

Yeah big win for Leicester and then big win for United to respond with that added pressure. They didn't play well from what I heard but they got it done. Leicester away to Spurs next and United play West Ham. Could be that going in to that final game United are ahead of Leicester.

There's also a little conspiracy theory starting... If Chelsea lose to Liverpool and both United and Leicester win then a draw between them on the final day would be enough to keep Chelsea out of the top 4. If I were United I'd definitely want that as it may hold Chelsea back for a year.

Also, congrats to Real Madrid who won La Liga last night.

40 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah big win for Leicester and then big win for United to respond with that added pressure. They didn't play well from what I heard but they got it done. Leicester away to Spurs next and United play West Ham. Could be that going in to that final game United are ahead of Leicester.

There's also a little conspiracy theory starting... If Chelsea lose to Liverpool and both United and Leicester win then a draw between them on the final day would be enough to keep Chelsea out of the top 4. If I were United I'd definitely want that as it may hold Chelsea back for a year.

Also, congrats to Real Madrid who won La Liga last night.

Yeah I have thinking about that draw scenario. 

44 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah I have thinking about that draw scenario. 

Mind you I am not sure Chelsea lose to Liverpool. They've finished their season.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Mind you I am not sure Chelsea lose to Liverpool. They've finished their season.

Yes. I’m hoping they don’t decide to play well. Chelsea has been very good at times but have holes in the back and have trouble with a team that parks the bus. 

Liverpool will no doubt push forward so not worrying about that. 

6 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Yes. I’m hoping they don’t decide to play well. Chelsea has been very good at times but have holes in the back and have trouble with a team that parks the bus. 

Yeah Chelsea have had some slip ups this year but then apart from Liverpool who hasn't really. I mean Citeh have lost 9 games! That's actually more than United which is crazy. 

Always nice to get to the FA Cup final and always nice to take down ManU but I’d much rather make the CL. 

11 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Always nice to get to the FA Cup final and always nice to take down ManU but I’d much rather make the CL. 

I guess Chelsea could take both...

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess Chelsea could take both...

Hope so but going to be very tough. 

11 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

51 goals in 43 games with 11 goals coming in UCL. 

Wow really? I had no idea! That's really really impressive. 

On 7/17/2020 at 5:02 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Never count out Frank playing his son out of position at the expense of his team's best player.