****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

List some names, Mike. Blah blah blah, run your mouth and don't provide any possible other Coaches??!! LOL.

Losing to our neighbors in Hockey, sure, I can get that. But in soccer, ugh. I will blame the players more than the Coaches though. 

4 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

List some names, Mike. Blah blah blah, run your mouth and don't provide any possible other Coaches??!! LOL.

Losing to our neighbors in Hockey, sure, I can get that. But in soccer, ugh. I will blame the players more than the Coaches though. 

This is seriously your defense of Berhalter?

That the USMNT, with more money than god, and players who play at Juventus, Chelsea, Barca, etc cant do better than some dude who just so happens to be someone in the USSFs brother, and who got fired from his only real job for - guess what - not being able to score??

Do you really want me to list the 11 billion people who could do a better job??  

RoboBob would have this team scoring goals left and right for christs sake.

• Like 2

Hopefully we can eke out a goal in Honduras.

Wouldnt surpise me at all if they fall behind in the first 10 min again and have to scrap for a point.   Ive seen this movie so many times

16 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

What a bad take 

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Someone is going to need to explain the Barca finances to me. A few months ago they couldn't sign players due to financial issues. 

USA whooped up on H. Could/Should have had 5 goals. That's the players fault. Not the Coaches, Mike.

Still waiting for some HC names, Mike.

USMNT Coaches grow on trees, right, Mike? Easy to find. Easy job. 

is there a good soccer newswire for all leagues the way Soccerway.com used to do? I still can't believe they stopped doing theirs

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

United...Deary deary me United. They may be in the worst position they've been in since Fergie left. 

I really don't understand any of it. Guys think they won because of the jersey. 

Youri Tielemans would be a target of mine and let Pogba go. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I really don't understand any of it. Guys think they won because of the jersey. 

Youri Tielemans would be a target of mine and let Pogba go. 

In my opinion it is a cultural thing. They've signed too many guys who think that they are stars. Too many guys who are on big big money that don't really care about who they are playing for. And they make the wrong management hires too. They gave Ole the full time job and I thought that was a mistake. Then they've gone to Rangnick who plays a very different style and doesn't have the players to carry that style out. And who do they appoint next? It probably won't be someone who plays with this gegenpress style. 

They'd probably do better just cleaning house and starting with a young hungry team and go from there.  The shirt counts but you still need the fighting spirit.

• Like 1

Hate having to play that World Club championship but once you're there you're playing two games so may as well win.  Can't really count it as a trophy though.

9 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

They'd probably do better just cleaning house and starting with a young hungry team and go from there.  The shirt counts but you still need the fighting spirit.

100% they need to do that. They are in real trouble right now. 

Tough sledding ahead now for Chelsea given the entire Russia/Putin connection with Roman.  Sucks but it is what it is and if the club has to suffer a bit that's just what has to happen.

Update: Roman has just turned control of the club over to the Trustees.

@Dave Moss Update posted couple hours back

League Cup final today was an awesome game.  About as exciting a 0-0 game as you can get.  Four goals waived off for offsides, couple of posts, some great saves.  Then ends 11-10 in the shootout with the keepers deciding things.

So Roman selling Chelsea.  It was the only logical outcome.  Could be a real game changer for Chelsea, who knows?

4 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

So Roman selling Chelsea.  It was the only logical outcome.  Could be a real game changer for Chelsea, who knows?

Yeah I mean it'll be interesting to see how this changes things for Chelsea. They've had wealthy support for a long time now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean it'll be interesting to see how this changes things for Chelsea. They've had wealthy support for a long time now. 

They are in great shape financially but that can change quickly. They might also miss the last chunk of Roman juice in any specific xfer battle. 

• Like 1