****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Agree on all accounts. The other option is the xfer window. Find a pure goal scorer/poacher you can sub on for Lukaku the last 20 and swap in for a mid week game. That might do the job. 

But who? I think Chelsea let go of a pretty decent option there in Abrahams. I mean I get it he wanted to be a regular but he was a good back up. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But who? I think Chelsea let go of a pretty decent option there in Abrahams. I mean I get it he wanted to be a regular but he was a good back up. 

Some 30yr old dude in Spain or Italy.  I don't know.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Some 30yr old dude in Spain or Italy.  I don't know.

I told you before, Luka Jovic is your guy.

23, proven leading goal scorer in Germany, high quality finisher, zero future at the club with Benz, Vini, Rodrygo and likely Mbappe and Haaland joining next year.

He should be super cheap.

8 hours ago, TEW said:

I told you before, Luka Jovic is your guy.

23, proven leading goal scorer in Germany, high quality finisher, zero future at the club with Benz, Vini, Rodrygo and likely Mbappe and Haaland joining next year.

He should be super cheap.

Maybe. Is he going to be content in his role?

10 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Maybe. Is he going to be content in his role?

He’s played 106 total minutes this season and hasn’t made a peep.

25 minutes ago, TEW said:

He’s played 106 total minutes this season and hasn’t made a peep.

Well ok then.  We hereby offer you €5M.

• 2 weeks later...

How about UEFA F'ing up the Champions League draw and having to do it again?  Seems there was a snafu and they accidentally left Man United out of certain pots while putting them in the same pot as teams that could play Villareal, which they can't play since they were in the same group.  And they drew them vs Villareal.  Oops.  Start over.  Do it again.  Now other clubs are already filing protests.  What a clusterF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

How about UEFA F'ing up the Champions League draw and having to do it again?  Seems there was a snafu and they accidentally left Man United out of certain pots while putting them in the same pot as teams that could play Villareal, which they can't play since they were in the same group.  And they drew them vs Villareal.  Oops.  Start over.  Do it again.  Now other clubs are already filing protests.  What a clusterF.

Total cluster F, amateurs :nonono:

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Total cluster F, amateurs :nonono:

To be fair they are working on a very tight budget... And pulling balls out of a bowl is a very hard task. Just ask @probably mom.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To be fair they are working on a very tight budget... And pulling balls out of a bowl is a very hard task. Just ask @probably mom.

Where oh where are ye ole @probably?

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 6:05 PM, DrPhilly said:

Where oh where are ye ole @probably?

Last seen May 22, 2020

Pretty sure he ain’t coming back

Just now, Dave Moss said:

Last seen May 22, 2020

Pretty sure he ain’t coming back

Yep. I thought it was further back than that to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yep. I thought it was further back than that to be honest. 

:sad:

On 12/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, Green_Guinness said:

I’d like to protest the draw as my Rossoneri were not included.  :P

I haven't been paying as much attention to soccer the past couple of seasons. What the hell is going with Barca that they're in 8th place halfway through the season. And Juventus in 7th? The world really has been turned upside down. Not that I am at all against parody (I rather like it), I just wasn't expecting to see that when I checked league tables this afternoon

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

I haven't been paying as much attention to soccer the past couple of seasons. What the hell is going with Barca that they're in 8th place halfway through the season. And Juventus in 7th? The world really has been turned upside down. Not that I am at all against parody (I rather like it), I just wasn't expecting to see that when I checked league tables this afternoon

It's a club that's been run really badly. In the Spanish league they have a salary cap and they are a club that's just messed up over the years. Spending too much on players that didn't work out. They signed players on free transfers in the summer but couldn't sign them for weeks due to not having the financial space to do so. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like some serious trouble brewing at The Bridge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Looks like some serious trouble brewing at The Bridge.

Yeah Lukaku dropped from the squad for a huge game against Liverpool. Mind you what was he thinking? What stupid comments to make. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah Lukaku dropped from the squad for a huge game against Liverpool. Mind you what was he thinking? What stupid comments to make. 

They've not been themselves now for over a month.  I thought it was just the injuries and then some COVID trouble but now I'm wondering if there isn't more to it in the locker room and within the club.  I think there is more to it then just Lukaku.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

They've not been themselves now for over a month.  I thought it was just the injuries and then some COVID trouble but now I'm wondering if there isn't more to it in the locker room and within the club.  I think there is more to it then just Lukaku.

There may well be. I think ultimately things have gone well under Tuchel until the last month... Its when you are losing that you see what teams are made of. Look at united... They've been woeful for years and much of that I put on the culture and the mentality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There may well be. I think ultimately things have gone well under Tuchel until the last month... Its when you are losing that you see what teams are made of. Look at united... They've been woeful for years and much of that I put on the culture and the mentality. 

They have young guys that want playing time and also some vets that want extensions.  Add some injury and dropped points and you get a potential issue.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Dang. 

He added that he would like to return to Inter Milan while still in the prime of his career, having only left the Serie A side last summer in a €115 million (£97.5m) deal. 

He didn't fit in the PL the first time around, surprised Chelsea went after him. His physical nature is a plus in Italy but where he has a poor first touch and also plays against physical defenders in the PL then he is just another guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Dang. 

He added that he would like to return to Inter Milan while still in the prime of his career, having only left the Serie A side last summer in a €115 million (£97.5m) deal. 

He didn't fit in the PL the first time around, surprised Chelsea went after him. His physical nature is a plus in Italy but where he has a poor first touch and also plays against physical defenders in the PL then he is just another guy. 

He played very well this year.  He just missed too many games from his injury and then Tuchel bringing him back slowly.