****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

What a dreadful first half from Madrid. Atrocious defending and the lack of a striker is an enormous problem as I feared.

Terrible officiating as well, but that’s not the problem.

• Like 1

This is the worst showing I’ve seen from Madrid in years. 3-0 2 minutes into the second half, should be 4-0.

4 minutes ago, TEW said:

This is the worst showing I’ve seen from Madrid in years. 3-0 2 minutes into the second half, should be 4-0.

Obviously you don't ever want to lose to Barca but the league is wrapped up.

4 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Obviously you don't ever want to lose to Barca but the league is wrapped up.

Doesn’t matter — Ancellotti might not have a job tomorrow. I’m not even exaggerating. I wouldn’t be surprised if Perez is on the phone with Zidane right now.

This isn’t just a humiliating showing, it’s the complete lack of coaching and tactics. You play the same 13 players all season long in the same formation all season long. Then your star striker gets injured and you abandon everything and no one has a clue what they’re supposed to be doing.

This game should be 6 or 7 nil at this point.

50 minutes ago, TEW said:

Doesn’t matter — Ancellotti might not have a job tomorrow. I’m not even exaggerating. I wouldn’t be surprised if Perez is on the phone with Zidane right now.

This isn’t just a humiliating showing, it’s the complete lack of coaching and tactics. You play the same 13 players all season long in the same formation all season long. Then your star striker gets injured and you abandon everything and no one has a clue what they’re supposed to be doing.

This game should be 6 or 7 nil at this point.

Yikes

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Ricardo Pepi is 10th in best prospects in the world, but can't get consistent playing time for the US team. What a joke 

https://www.goal.com/en-ke/lists/nxgn-2022-50-best-wonderkids-in-football/blt20779a3d73329005#cs78d5ffc252a7ec02

Seems to be some English and American bias in that list. Caden Clark #24? I don’t see it.

23 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Ricardo Pepi is 10th in best prospects in the world, but can't get consistent playing time for the US team. What a joke 

https://www.goal.com/en-ke/lists/nxgn-2022-50-best-wonderkids-in-football/blt20779a3d73329005#cs78d5ffc252a7ec02

I think the bigger problem with this statement is that he's the 10th best prospect in the world. That's just... no.

4 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

I think the bigger problem with this statement is that he's the 10th best prospect in the world. That's just... no.

The one that surprised me was Endrick being so low. Every big team in the world is trying to sign him, and at 15 years old he will probably cost somewhere in the €50M+ range once he turns 16.

The common comparison is Ronaldo Nazario, and it’s frankly not that far off. He has goal per game potential with Brazilian flair. Bosses guys 5 years older than him. Left footed, incredible technique, the balance of a tightrope walker and a natural scorer. If he hits a growth spurt and retains those traits he’ll be a generational player for sure. I’d take him now over Pepi without hesitation. 

So what's the score tonight?  Can't see us getting a point.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't know about Endrick. He looks a talent in the videos but he reminds me a little of Adu.

Except his listed age isn’t a lie and he is destroying 20 year old pros in Brazil on the way to being named player of the tournament…

3 hours ago, TEW said:

Except his listed age isn’t a lie and he is destroying 20 year old pros in Brazil on the way to being named player of the tournament…

Yeah i get that but the Brazilian league isn't exactly high quality. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah i get that but the Brazilian league isn't exactly high quality. 

Eh, at the U21 level it has a pretty strong history of producing world class talent. 

23 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

So what's the score tonight?  Can't see us getting a point.

Game is tonight dumb ass.

Bags of urine, batteries, hellish smog, 8000ft above sea level, 100k+ numbnutz.

Its official, between Juve and the Azzurri the Italians are the biggest choke artists in all of soccer.  Jesus, unreal.

Euros mean nothing now after this latest monumental choke job

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

Its official, between Juve and the Azzurri the Italians are the biggest choke artists in all of soccer.  Jesus, unreal.

Euros mean nothing now after this latest monumental choke job

Nah, Messi still exists.

Crazy for Italy. US in position. Need a W on Sunday now. 

56 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Aahhhahahaha suck it Italy 

This isn't the first time in recent history they've failed to qualify for a major tournament is it?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This isn't the first time in recent history they've failed to qualify for a major tournament is it?

Pretty sure they failed to qualify for the last world cup

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 3:08 AM, DrPhilly said:

Crazy for Italy. US in position. Need a W on Sunday now. 

So if they lose to Panama what happens?

4 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

So if they lose to Panama what happens?

We have one final super dicey game away at Costa Rica