****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

3 hours ago, TEW said:

Best U23 player in the world not named Mbappe or Haaland.

You love him don't you. 😁 I mean don't get me wrong I'm not arguing with you about it, I agree, but you do love him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You love him don't you. 😁 I mean don't get me wrong I'm not arguing with you about it, I agree, but you do love him. 

Who doesn't love Brazilian flair? :wub:

• Like 1

ManU needs three today at home vs. Liverpool.  If they lose they'll be eight back of the top and six of a top four spot if Tott wins.

Clasico starts in 15 minutes on ESPN+ if anyone is interested.

Dest from the USMNT will start for Barca at RW.

Vinicius, Rodrygo, Camavinga, Fati, Dest and Gavi represent some of the best young players in the world. Both teams have poor defense so it should be a goal fest. Benzema looking to make a statement for his first Ballon d’Or.

Prediction:

Real Madrid 3 - 2 Barcelona 

In the end, Madrid’s offense is too much for Barca and we hold the advantage in midfield.

Benz

Vinicius

Rodrygo

Fati

Dest

Sloppy game from both sides.

Madrid get the win 2-1.

Barca should spend less energy whining to refs and more energy actually playing. They could learn a thing or two from Vazquez.

Madrid deserved the win IMO. Better quality of chances and played harder.

United destroyed.  I think it is time for the coaching change that has lingered for quite a while now.

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

United destroyed.  I think it is time for the coaching change that has lingered for quite a while now.

Erik ten Hag please. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Or

I see two problems.

1) no habla ingles

2) he’s not a great tactical coach. Better than most give him credit for, but that’s not why you get him. You get him because of the respect players have for him. Kind of the "players coach” to take a team of stars over the top. Not sure United are quite there yet. 

How did United do?  They were at least in the game, right?

:fishing:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

United are a complete disaster. The Eagles are a complete disaster. Great times! 😪

Thought you said you don't care about ManU anymore :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Thought you said you don't care about ManU anymore :P

Haha I wouldn't say don't care... just don't follow and care like I once did. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another important game today for Solskjaer and ManU.  Lose and they likely fall 11pts back.

edit: They got crushed.  When do they sack the Norwegian?

6 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Another important game today for Solskjaer and ManU.  Lose and they likely fall 11pts back.

edit: They got crushed.  When do they sack the Norwegian?

They should have sacked him in the summer. Then they had another chance 2 weeks ago. The reality? They won't this season. The club is a joke.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They should have sacked him in the summer. Then they had another chance 2 weeks ago. The reality? They won't this season. The club is a joke.

At least they are only nine back given Chelsea's inability to put the ball in the net after about 20 chances and then Burnley scoring on their single chance of the match.  ManU is close enough to make a run if they can bring on someone else.  They've missed out on Conte though.

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

At least they are only nine back given Chelsea's inability to put the ball in the net after about 20 chances and then Burnley scoring on their single chance of the match.  ManU is close enough to make a run if they can bring on someone else.  They've missed out on Conte though.

Ha! Mate United are not going on a run. They need to sack Ole. I don't know why they continue with him. He's not going to win anything with them. 

• Like 1

Big match tonight vs Mexico, the US nemesis.  Pulisic is not starting, but coming off the bench could provide a spark.  He's been out injured for nearly 2 months and has only logged limited sub minutes with Chelsea since returning.  Steffen in goal instead of Turner.  Yedlin starting at RB.  Still no Reyna. 

They started OK, pressing well and with Mexico not having their starting CBs it was a good tactic that worked in the first 7-8 minutes.  However, their passing, decision making, and spacing has been rubbish.  Mexico has had the better scoring chances and has forced Steffen to make 2 very good saves.  We've been sloppy on the ball and need to be sharper and calmer. 

It's 0-0 at HT and lucky to still be in a scoreless draw right now.  They need to stop giving the ball away carelessly and needlessly.  Need to attack decisively in the final third.

F'ing Honduras had a 2-0 lead over Panama and let up 3 goals in the last 15 minutes so Panama now also has 11 points with us.  Aholes.  You deserve to be in last place choking a home match like that.

Yedlin with a great ball into the box on the right flank then passed back into the center of the box and McKennie with probably the best chance of the night, hits it straight at the keeper.

And because CONCACAF isn't using VAR (Though they might bring it in starting in January?  Why not have it for the WHOLE tourney?  Why wait til January when it's halfway done?) Mexico gets away with a red card when their player grabs Aaronson by the face not just once, but twice.  The second taking place while the ref is right there trying to get between them.  He claws at his face.  Former ref Clattenberg said it should have been red.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!  USA!

Pulisic.  Off a great cross from Weah.