****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

So the final transfer fee comes to €72M that can go up to €85M.

I’m pretty happy with that, especially if the bonus clauses get hit. 

16 hours ago, TEW said:

I think a triangle of Case, Eriksen and Bruno could be good.

I think that's a disaster waiting to happen that. Eriksen really isn't a CM, he's always played higher up the pitch and that's where he does his damage. And Bruno? I mean Bruno is a loose cannon who gives the ball away so much. I actually think United would be better off dropping him. Play Case, Fred and Eriksen as the more advanced of the 3. That's still far from ideal but it's better. 

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that's a disaster waiting to happen that. Eriksen really isn't a CM, he's always played higher up the pitch and that's where he does his damage. And Bruno? I mean Bruno is a loose cannon who gives the ball away so much. I actually think United would be better off dropping him. Play Case, Fred and Eriksen as the more advanced of the 3. That's still far from ideal but it's better. 

The thing is, Casemiro let’s you get away with playing unbalanced lineups. That’s what Madrid did under Zidane, though our imbalance was our LB being the most advanced player on the pitch :lol: 

Interesting you’re not a fan of Bruno. Is this a common feeling? Is he available?

Modric is simply unbelievable. Wonder goal in the first half with a curling shot into the top right corner then a beautiful through ball in the second that finds Vinicius for a 1v1 with the keeper.

Vinicius now with a goal and assist of his own. This kid is already world class and he’s going to get even better as his decision making continues to improve.

Valverde is the goal scorer from Vini’s assist. Arrives late and as Benzema slips he one times a low shot to the far post.

Modric nearly with a second assist as he sends a beautiful through ball into the box to Benzema. The keeper did a great job of closing Benzema down as he shot.

Tchouameni is already stepping nicely into Casemiro’s shoes. He’s been the spark that lead to two goals. His ball carrying and passing really adds a new dynamism compared to Casemiro.

Modric receives a standing ovation from the Celta Vigo as he’s subbed off. Nice gesture from the Celta fans.

The starting midfield this match was Tchoua, Camavinga and Modric, and I think this is our best three. It makes us so much more athletic and dynamic. Plus it allows Modric to play much higher up the pitch. Should extend Modric’s career as well.

I really don’t know how the hell Madrid are going to replace Modric. Even at 37 years old, there’s no better midfielder in the world. Dare I say he’s getting to the point where he might overtake Zidane as the greatest modern day midfielder.

And lastly, another penalty as Benzema is tripped from behind after some beautiful one touch passing on the counter attack. Eden Hazard is given the opportunity but is denied by a solid save. The shot was a bit too high; if it was on the ground it probably would have gone in. Hazard just can’t catch a break.

30 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

@DrPhilly

3-0???

Wasn't a 3-0 match but Leeds was great and relentless and deserved to win.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TEW said:

The thing is, Casemiro let’s you get away with playing unbalanced lineups. That’s what Madrid did under Zidane, though our imbalance was our LB being the most advanced player on the pitch :lol: 

Interesting you’re not a fan of Bruno. Is this a common feeling? Is he available?

If real wanted Bruno then I'd carry him and his suitcase to the airport. Stats were (before last year) very very good for United but I always felt he was overrated. If you watch him compared to other top players he lacks the control to truly be a top player. He's a player capable of the sublime but more often that not I think he fails to deliver.

• Like 1

Not sure worth the cost but he is electric with the ball in his feet. Not many left footed wingers around 

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Not sure worth the cost but he is electric with the ball in his feet. Not many left footed wingers around 

Madrid has been linked with him. I like him a lot more than Raphinha and he should cost about the same. You’re basically paying for upside, so I guess the question is the opportunity cost? I’m seeing Ajax demanding upwards of €100M Euros… that’s a huge risk IMO for a player who doesn’t have a lot of proven scoring ability and plays isn’t proven in a top 5 league.

The South American defense in full display. You can see Salah's attitude change on his face from tough guy to **** 

14 hours ago, TEW said:

Madrid has been linked with him. I like him a lot more than Raphinha and he should cost about the same. You’re basically paying for upside, so I guess the question is the opportunity cost? I’m seeing Ajax demanding upwards of €100M Euros… that’s a huge risk IMO for a player who doesn’t have a lot of proven scoring ability and plays isn’t proven in a top 5 league.

Chelsea is about to pay 60 million for this guy so I'm in the camp of pay Ajax the money. Move Sancho back to the LW and Rashford as CF or back up wing with Martial 

Just discovered this thread. I'm a Leeds fan, have been for as long as i've been an eagles fan (30 years)

What the feeling from americans on what Jessie March, aaronson and adams are doing at Leeds?

Do you care? 

I think the US market could be massive for Leeds - we already have the 49ers heavily invested in the club.

If the Eagles were to invest in Leeds i would be in absolute heaven. like a dream!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Chelsea is about to pay 60 million for this guy so I'm in the camp of pay Ajax the money. Move Sancho back to the LW and Rashford as CF or back up wing with Martial 

Yeah, the transfer market is out of control these days.

There is a 15 year old Brazilian named Endrick that Madrid are linked to and supposedly when he turns 16 and signs his first pro deal it’s going to include a €70M release clause which Madrid will immediately activate. I don’t know anything about Gordon, but at least he’s played senior football at an EPL club. 

5 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Just discovered this thread. I'm a Leeds fan, have been for as long as i've been an eagles fan (30 years)

What the feeling from americans on what Jessie March, aaronson and adams are doing at Leeds?

Do you care? 

I think the US market could be massive for Leeds - we already have the 49ers heavily invested in the club.

If the Eagles were to invest in Leeds i would be in absolute heaven. like a dream!

I’m more of a Madrid/La Liga fan (since Iker was in goal), but it’s fantastic to see so many Americans making the move to play top flight football.

Marketing wise I definitely think it could pay dividends as there is a pretty healthy fandom of clubs outside the big 6 here in the states and the EPL is definitely the best marketed league in the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TEW said:

Yeah, the transfer market is out of control these days.

There is a 15 year old Brazilian named Endrick that Madrid are linked to and supposedly when he turns 16 and signs his first pro deal it’s going to include a €70M release clause which Madrid will immediately activate. I don’t know anything about Gordon, but at least he’s played senior football at an EPL club. 

I’m more of a Madrid/La Liga fan (since Iker was in goal), but it’s fantastic to see so many Americans making the move to play top flight football.

Marketing wise I definitely think it could pay dividends as there is a pretty healthy fandom of clubs outside the big 6 here in the states and the EPL is definitely the best marketed league in the world.

Leeds is fun team to watch and root for if like attacking football. They never play on back foot 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Leeds is fun team to watch and root for if like attacking football. They never play on back foot 

As a United fan you need to be taken outside and dusted off there pal... 😀

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As a United fan you need to be taken outside and dusted off there pal... 😀

I'm an American so I don't care about the rivals as much. Exciting football is good tv to me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I don’t think Liverpool is going to be that great this year. I guess the favorites are City, PSG, Madrid and Bayern.

Lewandowski is already crying about Spanish defenses though. :lol: 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TEW said:

I don’t think Liverpool is going to be that great this year. I guess the favorites are City, PSG, Madrid and Bayern.

Lewandowski is already crying about Spanish defenses though. :lol: 

Not sure about Bayern either? Are they going to have enough goals now?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not sure about Bayern either? Are they going to have enough goals now?

I just kind of assume they’ll manufacture them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TEW said:

I just kind of assume they’ll manufacture them.

Very true... I'm not sure, did they sign a young striker to replace Lewa?

On 8/23/2022 at 3:53 PM, rrfierce said:

Do you care? 

Really a fun side to watch now and the American angle just makes it that much better.