****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

France hasn’t been generating chances on goal at all.

They have no transition in midfield. Greizman doesn’t work against teams with a lot of talent.

I thought that Argentinian player went down like an Italian on that penalty. I'm not a huge soccer observer, but one thing I've noticed over the years is that Italians have incredibly bad balance and they writhe in pain so quickly once they do fall. 

I was hoping for a more compelling game than this but I'm not going to suddenly start rooting for France to get back in this.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I thought that Argentinian player went down like an Italian on that penalty. I'm not a huge soccer observer, but one thing I've noticed over the years is that Italians have incredibly bad balance and they writhe in pain so quickly once they do fall. 

I was hoping for a more compelling game than this but I'm not going to suddenly start rooting for France to get back in this.

Agreed.  Weak penalty.  That being said if you’re the French defender you should know not to put your hand on an Argentinian player in the box especially from behind.

26 minutes ago, TEW said:

Babysh** soft penalty to open the scoring in the final?

Or how about the phantom foul just outside the penalty area where Theo wins the ball with Messi not even in the TV screen but because there is contact made with both players in the air they call it a penalty in Pessi’s favor?

So every bad call is favoritism toward Messi?

23 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Argentines are historically 2nd after Italy with that crap. 

France simply didn’t come to play and their arse kicked in the first half. Plenty of time but it will be very tough. 

27 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

There was literally no contact to cause the player to fall. Legs never touched. There was a quick extension of the defenders arm before he pulled it back about 2 steps before ADM fell to the ground.

But, let’s face it, we all knew going into this that the refs were going to call everything they possibly could in Argentina's favor. It is what it is, defended should have known that if he breathed the same air Pessi would get a free crack at goal.

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

So every bad call is favoritism toward Messi?

Literally yes.

Every bad call always benefits him in every single game. Doesn’t matter if it’s a non penalty that gets called, a hand ball by Pessi that doesn’t get called so he won’t receive a yellow, or calling a penalty right outside of the area on France when they’re in a position to cause danger because the French player dared to actually win the ball in Pessi’s vacinity.

7 minutes ago, TEW said:

Literally yes.

Every bad call always benefits him in every single game. Doesn’t matter if it’s a non penalty that gets called, a hand ball by Pessi that doesn’t get called so he won’t receive a yellow, or calling a penalty right outside of the area on France when they’re in a position to cause danger because the French player dared to actually win the ball in Pessi’s vacinity.

That’s a searching ball

In any case, remove the penalty and Argentina is still in the lad and deservedly so 

A make up. Not as bad a call but weak in any case. 

1 hour ago, TV Guy said:

Unless Matt Ryan is on Argentina, this is over.

¿Matty Hielo?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I can’t believe it but I find myself pulling for France.  Argentina and Messi are incredibly unlikeable.

France was always the only choice for a neutral. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TEW said:

100% no brainer. The Argentines are not a likeable bunch. 

4 minutes ago, TEW said:

Not for me. I hate both teams and I'm rooting for Argentina.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I can’t believe it but I find myself pulling for France.  Argentina and Messi are incredibly unlikeable.

They've always been an unlikable side generally

I hate them both

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

They've always been an unlikable side generally

I hate them both

Of the favorites, what team was likable?

Clearly not England, France, or Argentina. Brazil is popular, but I don’t find them likable.

5 minutes ago, TEW said:

Of the favorites, what team was likable?

Clearly not England, France, or Argentina. Brazil is popular, but I don’t find them likable.

Brazil usually is

Helluva game