****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

On 2/19/2023 at 9:38 AM, DrPhilly said:

Chelsea is in big trouble right now.  The club chose to go full transition and are paying the price.

Somehow it gets worse 

47 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Somehow it gets worse 

1 win in 15 matches across all competitions

On 2/26/2023 at 4:36 PM, DrPhilly said:

1 win in 15 matches across all competitions

Seriously? My god that's shocking. I knew it was bad, I didn't realise it was quite that bad. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Seriously? My god that's shocking. I knew it was bad, I didn't realise it was quite that bad. 

Yes, it is that bad

One win, ten losses, and four draws (there was also another win in a friendly in there but that doesn't count)

• Like 1

Great win for Arsenal today.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Great win for Arsenal today.

Yeah that was a great great win! Shame as I don't want them to win the title but yeah it was a great win. 

United crashing back to earth and Liverpool starting their drive to the top 3

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

That was ugly for United fans. Really really ugly. That's unacceptable. And Bruno was back in the worst way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Top 4, I highly doubt they catch Man Utd. 

Screenshot_20230305-170450.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That was ugly for United fans. Really really ugly. That's unacceptable. And Bruno was back in the worst way.

A toss the tape in the trash and move on game 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Looking at the United schedule, I can see it is easier.  However, you can discount that Chelsea game for Liverpool.  That will be an easy three.

On 3/5/2023 at 10:06 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Although also a game for Ten Hag to use to make an example of players. He's shown that he'll be ruthless and I think he needs to be again. Fernandes shouldn't play for a few games. 

FIFA needs to create clarity around the aspect of entering the box early on a PK.  Chelsea deserved to win last night but that rule should simply be enforced uniformly or changed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

FIFA needs to create clarity around the aspect of entering the box early on a PK.  Chelsea deserved to win last night but that rule should simply be enforced uniformly or changed.

The way I've always understood encroachment is similar to offsides. You can be offside but not get called for it if you're not part of the play. The second you become part of the play, by touching the ball or impeding the opponent, you get called for it. In this case, there were a few players who entered the box early, including Chelsea players (who probably could've been called for it too given that they were impeding others), but after the ball hit the post, it bounced right to the dude he entered the arc early and he was the one who cleared it. If he never touches the ball, then there's no encroachment. I could be wrong but encroachment here seems to be a legit call.

US Soccer concluded their investigation and basically cleared Berhalter while damning the Reynas. Whoever winds up the coach, even if Gio is selected, I wouldn’t those 2 anywhere near the program.

• Thanks 1

I would have bet my entire life savings that two of the three italian clubs drew against each other, and of course they all draw on the same side of the bracket.  

36 minutes ago, TEW said:

EPL ARSE KICKING TOUR, SEASON INFINITY, PLAYING ON A TV NEAR YOU.

Man Utd ran thru Barcelona who is leading the table and then just beat up 5th place Real Betis. I mean Barca is 9 points up in your team. You might want to rephrase this 

So yeah, no

40 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Man Utd ran thru Barcelona who is leading the table and then just beat up 5th place Real Betis. I mean Barca is 9 points up in your team. You might want to rephrase this 

So yeah, no

WTF does Barca or Betis have to do with the fact that Madrid is going to humiliate every EPL team they face, just like last year? :lol: 

On 3/17/2023 at 8:45 PM, TEW said:

WTF does Barca or Betis have to do with the fact that Madrid is going to humiliate every EPL team they face, just like last year? :lol: 

RM can't even get to top of their own table, and no wonder you are quiet about a bum league being the best in the world 

On 3/18/2023 at 1:45 AM, TEW said:

Humiliate?  You were lucky as hell last year to get past Chelsea and you didn't deserve it.

52 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Humiliate?  You were lucky as hell last year to get past Chelsea and you didn't deserve it.

Every draw you EPL cucks thought you were going to win. And every draw you lost.

You guys should follow a real league, like Tercera División.

38 minutes ago, TEW said:

Every draw you EPL cucks thought you were going to win. And every draw you lost.

You guys should follow a real league, like Tercera División.

Haha, we beat you two years back and you lucked out last year.  This is the rubber match and you get us at the perfect moment as Chelsea sucks right now.  Should be an easy path to the semi for Real.