Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

On 8/24/2020 at 2:19 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

1BR on Netflix is worth a watch imo. It’s a decent psychological horror.

I just came here to hate on it. Just didn't do anything for me, and there wasn't anything remotely scary about it. 

Watched The Lodge on Hulu last night. Another miss for me.

52 minutes ago, Kz! said:

I just came here to hate on it. Just didn't do anything for me, and there wasn't anything remotely scary about it. 

Watched The Lodge on Hulu last night. Another miss for me.

Yea, it wasn't really scary, more along the lines of a faster paced "The Invitation". 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, it wasn't really scary, more along the lines of a faster paced "The Invitation". 

Yeah, I loved The Invitation. That's a pretty accurate description, though, and I think a slower pace would have made 1BR better as well. Seemed like it went from 0 to 100 too quickly with the community going from mostly normal to revealing its actual nature all at once.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found a decent one of Amazon Prime.  It's called "the Jack in the Box," and the plot is exactly what you're thinking and as silly as it sounds.  Jack comes out of the box.  Murders everyone.  

However, this was pretty well done, and it was definitely higher quality and bigger budget than most of the Prime crap I've been watching recently.  When they finally show the jack fully coming out of the box, it immediately reminded me of the girl coming out of the TV in the Ring.  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I finally found a decent one of Amazon Prime.  It's called "the Jack in the Box," and the plot is exactly what you're thinking and as silly as it sounds.  Jack comes out of the box.  Murders everyone.  

However, this was pretty well done, and it was definitely higher quality and bigger budget than most of the Prime crap I've been watching recently.  When they finally show the jack fully coming out of the box, it immediately reminded me of the girl coming out of the TV in the Ring.  

Are you trying to tell me VelociPastor wasn't high quality?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Are you trying to tell me VelociPastor wasn't high quality?

When I was scrolling down a terrible movie wormhole and stumbled across Clownado, I realized that it might be time to make some changes in my life.  Luckily I watched the Bengals/Eagles game, and I will be forever scarred and mentally damaged (even more than now).  

• Haha 2

I watch " the owners" the other day it was more of a psychological horror. It was decent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

When I was scrolling down a terrible movie wormhole and stumbled across Clownado, I realized that it might be time to make some changes in my life.  Luckily I watched the Bengals/Eagles game, and I will be forever scarred and mentally damaged (even more than now).  

"Clownado" is going to be the name of the documentary they make about the Eagles 2020 season one day. 

• Haha 2

Currently watching "Impetigore," and it's off to a strong start.  I have trouble getting into movies with subtitles, but I've read so many good things about this one that I thought I'd give it a shot.  I'll report back when it's over.  

Finished - It was a good one.  Ending left a little bit to be desired, but that was a creepy movie.  I'm watching this director's other movie now, "Satan's Slaves."  It looks like it might be the same thing.  

14 hours ago, hputenis said:

Thanks - went through and added some to my list based on those 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hputenis said:

Finished - It was a good one.  Ending left a little bit to be desired, but that was a creepy movie.  I'm watching this director's other movie now, "Satan's Slaves."  It looks like it might be the same thing.  

I've been meaning to watch these two.  What did you think of Satan's Slaves?

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

I've been meaning to watch these two.  What did you think of Satan's Slaves?

I'm only about 30 minutes of the way through it right now.  I think it was a little much after seeing Impetigore first.  I thought Satan's Slaves started off a little slow, but I'm gonna watch the rest of it sometime before the end of this week.  

Ok, so I found an absolute gem.  I'm actually not 100% sure why I have always skipped over it in the past, because it is the first option that pops up as a movie that I would like.  

"Haunt" on Shudder.  If you haven't seen it, watch it immediately.  I thought it was the best horror I've seen since Hereditary.  Great dialogue (especially by one of the freaks that works in the haunted house), extremely creepy characters, and a nonstop edge of your seat type of movie.  I can't recommend it enough.  Plot is about a group of kids that get stuck in the scariest haunted house ever.  

I'll bump this to the top of my watch list this weekend.  I was planning to watch it eventaully  but I trust your taste in horror.

• Like 1

Good call on Haunt.  Takes a basic concept that been done by others before but is elevated by how well it was done.  I’m a big fan of this one.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, Shepard Wong said:

Good call on Haunt.  Takes a basic concept that been done by others before but is elevated by how well it was done.  I’m a big fan of this one.

I wanna add something to this but you said it perfectly.  Simple concept done way beyond my expectations.  I hope that director keeps going!  

I don’t remember if I already mentioned this but I rewatched The Void on shudder and highly recommend. It has a strong John Carpenter feel to it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Anyone started watching the Haunting of Bly Manor yet?

nope Im too scared. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

nope Im too scared. 

You’re kidding right? It isn’t nearly as good as Hill House. Bly Manor got extremely dull after episode 5 and extremely disappointing. Loved Hill House and Bly Manor got weird and boring. Was intrigued with the first four episodes but once the story started to come together it was like a ruined orgasm in the end

I thought it was a movie

Anyway.  Too scary.  I'll probably watch Hubie Halloween instead. 

• Haha 1