Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

On 3/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, hputenis said:

I couldn't get through this movie.  I like almost everything too, and I couldn't stop thinking about King of Queens.  

On 4/2/2021 at 9:29 AM, JBENT87 said:

I can def be that way most times, but this time I wasn't. I think the bratty Gen Xer titular character annoyed me that much that I didn't get a chance to allow Kevin James to. 

The movie also tries to be smarter than it is with the early artsy shots of the prison vs. the school and then the bus transporting the prisoners and the family vehicle driving to the vacation mountain house. Would be one thing if that style continued throughout the movie but from there on out it was your typical one location low budget semi slasher. So that early stuff just felt really off in hindsight. 

Stupid movie ultimately. But if you wanna weigh in on the Kevin James thing thats really all this is for. 

You guys are missing the bigger crossover. The guy who was Apex was Kurrgan in 90’s WWF with the oddities.

4333C740-962E-4FDE-B521-D8C95B56D0E4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wife is at the MIL's house tonight.  No Sixers and no Phillies.  Tonight it's "Someone's Knocking at the Door" with a pint of Jack on the round rocks.  I've never seen it before so I'll let everyone know how it is.  It looks extremely f'd up! 

Someone's Knocking at the Door - Wikipedia

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hputenis said:

Wife is at the MIL's house tonight.  No Sixers and no Phillies.  Tonight it's "Someone's Knocking at the Door" with a pint of Jack on the round rocks.  I've never seen it before so I'll let everyone know how it is.  It looks extremely f'd up! 

Someone's Knocking at the Door - Wikipedia

Report back.  It sucked.  I couldn't get through 15 minutes of it.  But I strongly recommend for @Blobeph as the first moment of the movie is a nice butt raping scene.  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Report back.  It sucked.  I couldn't get through 15 minutes of it.  But I strongly recommend for @Blobeph as the first moment of the movie is a nice butt raping scene.  

how was the pint of jack w the round rocks tho?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

My favorite ass rape scenes were in my hedges with my brother. I liked to nibble on his neck while plowing him. 

That movie looks like something from blockbuster from the 80s

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

how was the pint of jack w the round rocks tho?

Perfect!!  I actually turned on a different horror movie called Yellowbrickroad afterwards on Tubi.  It was actually pretty entertaining for a low budget type movie.  Awesome and creepy use of sound throughout the entire movie.  

I just saw HUNTER HUNTER and loved it. Starts slow but stay with it.
It twists its way to a super ending like a snake uncoiling to strike.
Very dark and disturbing.

• Like 1

That looks really good.  I'm excited for that one.  I saw Simon Pegg dropped a random video online yesterday saying how much he liked it.

I just watched Willy's Wonderland with Nicholas Cage.  Omg.  It was hilarious.  Take it for what it is and enjoy it, because Cage doesn't say a word the entire movie.  He's such a horrific actor that he's settling nicely into these roles that portray him as a badass and it works beautifully.  Also, if you have kids, you will never take them to Chuck E Cheese again.......not that anyone has been there for the last 15 years anyway.  

31 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I just watched Willy's Wonderland with Nicholas Cage.  Omg.  It was hilarious.  Take it for what it is and enjoy it, because Cage doesn't say a word the entire movie.  He's such a horrific actor that he's settling nicely into these roles that portray him as a badass and it works beautifully.  Also, if you have kids, you will never take them to Chuck E Cheese again.......not that anyone has been there for the last 15 years anyway.  

This movie was a bunch of fun I enjoyed it

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hputenis said:

What was the deal with the sodas though? Never really understood that

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

What was the deal with the sodas though? Never really understood that

Spoiler

I have absolutely no idea.  I was waiting for the explanation at the end, but it never came.  The only thing I could think of is that those sodas along with playing pinball gave him strength like spinach to Popeye.  So ridiculous.  😂

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

@hputenis

How was Killer Sofa? If there’s one person that saw that I’m confident it’s you. 

What in the F!  I promise I haven't, but I'd be lying if I said wouldn't at least start it.  I start so many atrocious horror movies that I don't finish, but it's because of Covid and working from home.  Sometimes you find a total gem.  Something tells me Killer Sofa isn't it 🤣

I'm gonna go to sleep tonight to my favorite horror movie, The Devil's Rejects.  My wife is at the MIL's, and watching Rob Zombie's masterful cinematography and storytelling makes me sleep like a baby.   

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

What in the F!  I promise I haven't, but I'd be lying if I said wouldn't at least start it.  I start so many atrocious horror movies that I don't finish, but it's because of Covid and working from home.  Sometimes you find a total gem.  Something tells me Killer Sofa isn't it 🤣

I'm gonna go to sleep tonight to my favorite horror movie, The Devil's Rejects.  My wife is at the MIL's, and watching Rob Zombie's masterful cinematography and storytelling makes me sleep like a baby.   

I watched Thankskilling with no regrets, I plan on watching Killer Sofa 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I watched Thankskilling with no regrets, I plan on watching Killer Sofa 

Thankskilling is an absolute classic.  Thankskilling 3 isn't quite the movie but the boobs in the beginning make it worth the watch.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Funnily enough my Mrs and I were just talking to our friends about the Conjuring films. 

On 4/22/2021 at 12:11 AM, hputenis said:

Pretty sure the makers of Killer Sofa were inspired by this 70s gem/disaster.  Deathbed: The Bed That Eats

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Pretty sure the makers of Killer Sofa were inspired by this 70s gem/disaster.  Deathbed: The Bed That Eats

I'm pretty sure it was Patton Oswalt who talked about this movie in one of his standup routines :lol: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm pretty sure it was Patton Oswalt who talked about this movie in one of his standup routines :lol: 

I'll have to search for video of the routine. 

Also, Deathbed is available on Prime Video if anyone is curious. It's definitely an experience.  Good or bad experience?  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Also, Deathbed is available on Prime Video if anyone is curious. It's definitely an experience.  Good or bad experience?  🤷‍♂️

I will at least start this tonight.  😂 

I saw the Empty Man recently and wasn't expecting much, but it was a pretty wild ride.  The first 30 minutes are awesome, and then it's a mind F for almost 2 more hours.  

• Haha 1