Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

35 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  It was far from being "perfectly splendid”.   

I just thought it was one of the most disappointing follow up series I've ever watched. I was very excited for it after the first series and to be honest it was terrible. Truly awful. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m super late to this but watched Train to Busan finally. It was really good but 

Spoiler

One of the dumbest decisions in horror movie history has to be "hey, let’s force these people that are possibly infected into the train car above us while the definitely infected people are in the train car behind us!” as well as "Let’s secure the door of the people who are possibly infected so they can’t get in and then we will focus on the door of multiple zombies who are pressing on the glass and could possibly accidentally open the door.” Also the last scene of some dude with a machine gun acting like it was a sniper rifle because it had a scope was dumb. 

• Like 1

Just watched Black Christmas.  It’s quite possibly the worst movie I’ve ever seen.  Basically it’s a "horror” movie at a college right before Christmas Break where girls are being killed.  I thought it would get better eventually, but it just kept getting worse and worse.  Even the ending was horrible and really stupid.

• Haha 1

Anyone got any new ones?  I'm bored as F tonight.  My wife is at her mom's, and I'd love to scare myself to sleep.  I recently saw "Underwater," and it was pretty cool.  I wasn't glued to it like I was with "Haunted," but the monsters in it were pretty scary and well done.  

Also saw a new decent anthology on Shudder called "The Mortuary Collection."  I think it's 4 short stories that all tie together in the end, and I would definitely recommend it.  

17 hours ago, hputenis said:

Anyone got any new ones?  I'm bored as F tonight.  My wife is at her mom's, and I'd love to scare myself to sleep.  I recently saw "Underwater," and it was pretty cool.  I wasn't glued to it like I was with "Haunted," but the monsters in it were pretty scary and well done.  

Also saw a new decent anthology on Shudder called "The Mortuary Collection."  I think it's 4 short stories that all tie together in the end, and I would definitely recommend it.  

The 2020 Philadelphia Eagles 

• Haha 2

was flipping through the channels last night & caught the last 45 minutes of a movie called zombie strippers with jenna jameson and the guy who played freddy krueger in the cast. intentionally awful movie...lots of nekkid, large, fake bewbs!  

• Like 2

I watched a Mexican 80s slasher movie called Grave Robbers the other night and it was good, dumb fun.  Very much like the American/Euro 80s slashers we all know and love.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

was flipping through the channels last night & caught the last 45 minutes of a movie called zombie strippers with jenna jameson and the guy who played freddy krueger in the cast. intentionally awful movie...lots of nekkid, large, fake bewbs!  

Top 30 Seann William Scott GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

13 hours ago, hputenis said:

Top 30 Seann William Scott GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

indeed.

think sharknado but with nekkid zombie strippers.  there was a touching scene near the end where....

Spoiler

one of the zombie strippers shoved golf balls in her hoo-hah & fired them out like a vadge cannon at her rival zombie stripper.

:roll:  

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

If I remember correctly in the first 45 minutes theres a ping pong ball shooting out of the V scene.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

indeed.

think sharknado but with nekkid zombie strippers.  there was a touching scene near the end where....

Hide contents

one of the zombie strippers shoved golf balls in her hoo-hah & fired them out like a vadge cannon at her rival zombie stripper.

:roll:  

That's what I was thinking of

• Haha 1

Update: I loved this movie.  Incredibly watchable, hilarious and pretty much insane.  A kid sneaks downstairs on Christmas Eve and witnesses his mommy doing more than kissing Santa Claus then grows up to be an insane, Santa obsessive keeping naughty and nice lists of all the neighborhood kids while working in a toy factory.  He goes even further off the rails as the movie progresses.  Laughter and bloody mayhem ensue. 

My inability to find a gif on the internet of the final shot of the movie is a huge disappointment.  I'm going to have to download the video and make one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally watching another gem right now after a bunch of terrible horror films over the past month.  

Belzebuth on Shudder.  I don't know how I miss these movies sometimes, but I've never even seen this one pop up under my favorites.  If you like demons, mass murder, a compelling plot and story, creepiness beyond belief, and Jigsaw from Saw, then you will like this movie.  Don't watch before bedtime folks.  

Spoiler

The part where they are in the church and the JC comes to life almost made me ish my pants, although it could have been the Chipotle I had for lunch.  

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:07 PM, hputenis said:

I'm finally watching another gem right now after a bunch of terrible horror films over the past month.  

Belzebuth on Shudder.  I don't know how I miss these movies sometimes, but I've never even seen this one pop up under my favorites.  If you like demons, mass murder, a compelling plot and story, creepiness beyond belief, and Jigsaw from Saw, then you will like this movie.  Don't watch before bedtime folks.  

Reveal hidden contents

The part where they are in the church and the JC comes to life almost made me ish my pants, although it could have been the Chipotle I had for lunch.  

Added to my queue

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't remember if somebody else posted reviews on it, but the Wailing is fantastic.  The movie is in Korean and some Japanese, but if you can get past that, this movie makes me scared to go to bed.  The plot pivot in this movie is absolutely wild.  I LOVED it!  Spoiler below:

Spoiler

It feels like it's your typical cliche zombie movie for the first 20-30 minutes.  Then it just goes completely off the rails in an amazing way.  

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked these:

Freaky
Here Comes the Devil
Autopsy of Jane Doe

Shudder:
Aterrados aka Terrified.
Beach House
The Pool
Angst
Most Beautiful Island
The Reef
Haunt

Netflix:
Hellfest (almost as good as Haunt)
The Babysitter
The Boy
Geralds Game
Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight
The Invitation
Await Further Instructions
The Bye Bye Man

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, eaglegenius said:

The Invitation

I saw this a few years ago, and just loved it. What a neat movie.

Also, You're Next is now on Netflix. Pretty cool movie IMO. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 12:19 PM, hputenis said:

Agree on this!  I saw this in theaters expecting nothing, and this movie scared the ish out of me.  

Spoiler

The creatures didn't scare me as much as the tremendous anxiety of seeing the girl getting stuck in the rocks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

I saw this a few years ago, and just loved it. What a neat movie.

Also, You're Next is now on Netflix. Pretty cool movie IMO. 

I'm a big fan of this movie.  Others that remind of You're Next are the Hunt and Ready or Not.  All are entertaining all the way through.  

Just got through Hell House LLC for the 2nd time.  This is probably my favorite "found footage" horror movie.  It's about a haunted house attraction that is built on a portal on hell.  Others that I'd recommend are the Poughkeepsie Tapes, As Above So Below (I think we've had a few reviews on that in here), VHS 1 and 2, Gonjiam Haunted Asylum (awesome), and Afflicted are all fantastic if you like these types of movies.  

On 5/10/2020 at 11:39 PM, DEagle7 said:

v1.bTsxMTE2ODg5NTtqOzE4NDg5OzEyMDA7ODAwO

Probably my favorite. 

I always thought the Prince of Darkness was another good Carpenter flick.

Prince_of_darkness.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The creatures didn't scare me as much as the tremendous anxiety of seeing the girl getting stuck in the rocks.

I had to go back, because I didn't know what movie I was talking about.  😂 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I had to go back, because I didn't know what movie I was talking about.  😂 

Was it The Descent?

• Like 1