Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I thought it was a movie

Anyway.  Too scary.  I'll probably watch Hubie Halloween instead. 

Not scary its a love story but all in its own

On 10/11/2020 at 4:02 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Anyone started watching the Haunting of Bly Manor yet?

Watched episode one. I thought it was a strong start to the season. Definitely has potential.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 10:57 AM, hputenis said:

Ok, so I found an absolute gem.  I'm actually not 100% sure why I have always skipped over it in the past, because it is the first option that pops up as a movie that I would like.  

"Haunt" on Shudder.  If you haven't seen it, watch it immediately.  I thought it was the best horror I've seen since Hereditary.  Great dialogue (especially by one of the freaks that works in the haunted house), extremely creepy characters, and a nonstop edge of your seat type of movie.  I can't recommend it enough.  Plot is about a group of kids that get stuck in the scariest haunted house ever.  

Plus one on that. It took me a while to watch it, its generic title had it lost among Haunter, Haunted, et al but it is a real find.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 12:50 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t remember if I already mentioned this but I rewatched The Void on shudder and highly recommend. It has a strong John Carpenter feel to it. 

I don’t think I’ve seen this one but I’m definitely checking it out tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

Not my type of horror. I watched 1.5 episodes and it’s clear that it isn’t scary or even good at all.  Neither was Haunting of Hill House in my opinion. 

@Shepard Wong  Just saw Books of Blood tonight on Hulu. It was really good.  Anthology that all ties together by Clive Barker.  His one movie I know of wasn’t good (Midnight Meat Train), but he nailed this one even though he probably had nothing to do with it.  Based on reading his books, you can’t translate his imagination to screen unless you’re on acid.  

He was my favorite author growing up (Thief of Always, Weaveworld, etc).  My wife started reading Weaveworld a few years ago and asked "What the hell is wrong with you?”  

I am liking it so far.

• Like 1

Just now, sameaglesfan said:

I am liking it so far.

Yeah we've watched 2 episodes so far and it's really good. 

All I'll say though is... Peppa Pig.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah we've watched 2 episodes so far and it's really good. 

All I'll say though is... Peppa Pig.

We are through episode 6 I think - pretty well done IMO

• Like 1

The first episode of Bly Manor was incredibly boring.  I don't remember Hill House being that bad - I know they were both done by the same dude.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:00 AM, Shepard Wong said:

How I’m spending Friday night

7E9121A8-FD03-48D6-932E-176CCA3D3C41.jpeg

Trick or treat is one of my all time favorites. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - decent.  I definitely remember that book and some of the stories from when I was kid, so that added a bit of nostalgia to it.

Trick R Treat on deck - somehow I missed that one 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Finally got around to watching Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - decent.  I definitely remember that book and some of the stories from when I was kid, so that added a bit of nostalgia to it.

Trick R Treat on deck - somehow I missed that one 

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark was awesome.  I saw it in the movies before Covid (I hope).  

Trick R Treat is fantastic.  You'll love it - one of the best anthologies I've seen.      If you haven't seen it........Southbound is also a great anthology.  It seems like not many people know about it.  

On 10/16/2020 at 2:32 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Please tell me the Haunting of Bly Manor gets better? And perhaps scarier? So far... Its a big thumbs down. 

I liked it pretty well, right up until I didn't. 

I thought the ending was poorly drawn.

On 10/16/2020 at 2:32 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Please tell me the Haunting of Bly Manor gets better? And perhaps scarier? So far... Its a big thumbs down. 

I actually liked the first couple episodes thinking they were building to something and the scares were on the way. I was wrong, they weren't. It gets progressively more boring as it progresses. Thankfully, we've got one episode left, and I'll be glad when it's done.

• Like 1

Girl house on AmazonPrime. Some psycho fat slob kills cam girls who live together. Brings nothing new to the table but is a decent gory slasher with lots of boobage. Worth it. 

• Like 1

Haunting of Bly Manor... Literally the biggest pile of ish I've ever had the misfortune of watching. 

I was really excited for this series after the Haunting of Hill House but this was just awful. It wasn't scary, the story made no sense, there were so many issues and it just was a huge disappointment. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Girl house on AmazonPrime. Some psycho fat slob kills cam girls who live together. Brings nothing new to the table but is a decent gory slasher with lots of boobage. Worth it. 

Sounds too scary but might be worth it for boobs. 

Disappointed to report there were no boobs in Hubie Halloween. But had a ton of jump moments.  Super scary. 

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Disappointed to report there were no boobs in Hubie Halloween. But had a ton of jump moments.  Super scary. 

what's that now? Don't get me wrong it was a good Adam Sandler movie - a good Halloween movie at that as well, as they shot in Salem and if you're a Halloween snob/enthusiast, or have ever just been to Salem, it's fun and good for those reasons as well. But not sure I'd call it scary - that said has a semi, slightly more darker than you'd expect twist/payoff later on which you wouldn't expect given how I've just described it. 

My fiance who thinks these type of movies are ridiculously dumb and doesn't know how people laugh at them... laughed at 3/4 of this entire movie though. I was ripping her to shreds and she just couldn't stop laughing at some of the stupidiest, most low brow Adam Sandler type parts of this movie, as are in all of his movies... think she was just tired from work, it was ridiculous. But I had to weigh in with that here, as I feel like a lot of people have reported being pleasantly surprised with this as a whole. 

4 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

what's that now? Don't get me wrong it was a good Adam Sandler movie - a good Halloween movie at that as well, as they shot in Salem and if you're a Halloween snob/enthusiast, or have ever just been to Salem, it's fun and good for those reasons as well. But not sure I'd call it scary - that said has a semi, slightly more darker than you'd expect twist/payoff later on which you wouldn't expect given how I've just described it. 

My fiance who thinks these type of movies are ridiculously dumb and doesn't know how people laugh at them... laughed at 3/4 of this entire movie though. I was ripping her to shreds and she just couldn't stop laughing at some of the stupidiest, most low brow Adam Sandler type parts of this movie, as are in all of his movies... think she was just tired from work, it was ridiculous. But I had to weigh in with that here, as I feel like a lot of people have reported being pleasantly surprised with this as a whole. 

The shirts all the old women wore were the best part 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's like 4 or 5 girls with two boobs each, you are looking at like 10 boobs. Also a nice cultural mix of boobs. And butt. Might even be a muff scene in there if you pause at the right moment. 

• Like 1

watched a korean zombie flick called alive on netflix the other night...dubbed in english so no reading subtitles at least.  millennial/gamer type trapped in his apartment during a zombie outbreak with very little supplies or common sense. had a decent premise but went off the rails, imo. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We watched it.  It was ok.  Acting was pretty poor. The forced love interest didn’t work.  Story was kinda messy.   

We absolutely hated it. One of the worst things I've ever watched in my life. 

The story made no sense. There were major plot holes throughout. There were hardly any ghosts. There were a couple of 'scary' moments but that was all.