Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

20 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Halloween ends is ironic. I’m an hour into this move and can’t wait for it to end.

image.gif.3b0723d8fc24a38bb094c38aade7c3b3.gif

I really enjoyed what yet did the first 45ish mins with the male character making him a bit of a tragic figure, but then they just went full off the rails with him and everything else 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Halloween ends is ironic. I’m an hour into this move and can’t wait for it to end.

image.gif.3b0723d8fc24a38bb094c38aade7c3b3.gif

I'm only 27 minutes into the movie, it's so stupid & boring already. Who cares about this new boy. The last movie was stupid but at least it was about the main characters. I had some drinks & laughed at the moronic characters & the silly kills. 

It's sad, Halloween 1978 is my favorite horror. The sequels have been a mixed bag but these last 2 just awful. 

• Like 1

So

Laurie just happened to drive past the boy being arrested, then at the gas station, then her granddaughter just happens to be the nurse to fix him up & ask him on a date...to a party where the old woman whose son Cory killed happened to be there. Then the teens happen to drive by & toss him over the bridge to fall right where Michael just happens to be.

It takes 41 minutes to see Michael & it was lame when he shows up.

4 people wrote this script.

And they couldn't even get the score right. 

24 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm only 27 minutes into the movie, it's so stupid & boring already. Who cares about this new boy. The last movie was stupid but at least it was about the main characters. I had some drinks & laughed at the moronic characters & the silly kills. 

It's sad, Halloween 1978 is my favorite horror. The sequels have been a mixed bag but these last 2 just awful. 

I thought the last one was bad too. This one was just ???. I honestly zoned out when the new guy teamed up with Michael and I have no memory of even fun kills or anything. Just felt like a complete waste of time. 

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I thought the last one was bad too. This one was just ???. I honestly zoned out when the new guy teamed up with Michael and I have no memory of even fun kills or anything. Just felt like a complete waste of time. 

They did give some nods to previous sequels, some scenes or images re-created.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

They did give some nods to previous sequels, some scenes or images re-created.  

Yea. I just don’t know what they were going for with this. It’s not a slasher film. It’s not even a really scary/jump scare film. They should have went with this angle the last film and flesh it out more.

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea. I just don’t know what they were going for with this. It’s not a slasher film. It’s not even a really scary/jump scare film. They should have went with this angle the last film and flesh it out more.

Agreed. Both movies were marketed as Laurie vs Michael and they barely had that.

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

they stab a chick to a wall like they did to he glasses boyfriend in the original. that about all that stood out

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Agreed. Both movies were marketed as Laurie vs Michael and they barely had that.

I thought the last fight scene between Michael and Laurie was good, other then that it was dumb as sheet. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I thought the last fight scene between Michael and Laurie was good, other then that it was dumb as sheet. 

It was ok, but brief and actually felt tacked on at the end. They did a whole trilogy teasing this big fight and it was just ok.

Halloween has been trash since after first one. I’ve never understood why this franchise is still around 

Not sure if anyone here has seen the VHS anthology found footage movies, but they are a blast.  Each movie has somewhere between 4-6 short horror stories.  They don't really tie together, but it doesn't matter.  The first 2 (VHS and VHS 2) are fantastic.  One of the stories in VHS 2 about a cult (Safe Haven) is one of the best anthology stories I've ever seen.  

There were a few more that came out after that that weren't as good, but they are still entertaining.  VHS Viral and then VHS 94.  VHS 99 came out yesterday on Shudder, and I just finished it.  I am a fan and would recommend.  It's better than Viral and 94.  The 2nd story (Suicide Bid) was my favorite and pretty terrifying. 

Spoiler

They managed to take 2 of my biggest fears (being buried alive and giant spiders that might be poisonous) and throw them right in your face.

Take these movies for what they're worth.  They are low budget, the effects and visuals are not great (they try to make it similar to 1999 with music and setting), but it was a lot of fun.  

5 hours ago, hputenis said:

Not sure if anyone here has seen the VHS anthology found footage movies, but they are a blast.  Each movie has somewhere between 4-6 short horror stories.  They don't really tie together, but it doesn't matter.  The first 2 (VHS and VHS 2) are fantastic.  One of the stories in VHS 2 about a cult (Safe Haven) is one of the best anthology stories I've ever seen.  

There were a few more that came out after that that weren't as good, but they are still entertaining.  VHS Viral and then VHS 94.  VHS 99 came out yesterday on Shudder, and I just finished it.  I am a fan and would recommend.  It's better than Viral and 94.  The 2nd story (Suicide Bid) was my favorite and pretty terrifying. 

Reveal hidden contents

They managed to take 2 of my biggest fears (being buried alive and giant spiders that might be poisonous) and throw them right in your face.

Take these movies for what they're worth.  They are low budget, the effects and visuals are not great (they try to make it similar to 1999 with music and setting), but it was a lot of fun.  

suicide bid was a little scary with claustrophobia, but the end was silly and the monster was ridiculous. I am halfway through but I hear last vignette was the best. i’m in middle of the game show one. 

I loved first few vhs movies and every single one has at least one great story but they have been dropping in quality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homerpat said:

suicide bid was a little scary with claustrophobia, but the end was silly and the monster was ridiculous. I am halfway through but I hear last vignette was the best. i’m in middle of the game show one. 

I loved first few vhs movies and every single one has at least one great story but they have been dropping in quality. 

I honestly liked all the stories besides the first one. That one sucked.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

You suck!! 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

it really was awful. 

The last one they made was s bad, I couldn't even get all the way through it. I'll try to sit through "Halloween Ends" out of morbid curiosity. 

5 hours ago, Gannan said:

The last one they made was s bad, I couldn't even get all the way through it. I'll try to sit through "Halloween Ends" out of morbid curiosity. 

Last one was like 10x better 

5 hours ago, Gannan said:

Kills is actually better despite how stupid it was. At least I had some drinks and laughed.

Ends will probably just make you mad or annoyed.