Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

Finally saw Black Phone. Parts of it were a little far fetched but it was one of the better horror movies I’ve seen in a while. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, Shepard Wong said:

Speak No Evil is good but this is not a fun horror movie.  The end is one that will stick with you for days. 

This looks fantastic. I’ve never even heard of it until now.

Your description reminds me of another movie that looks like it’s on Hulu right now. It’s called Hunter Hunter.  The movie is pretty good, and then the end is so disturbing it leaves you with your jaw dropped.  

• Like 1

Anyone see the previews to Winne the Pooh Blood and Honey?

Lol they'll make anything nowadays

On 9/18/2022 at 9:38 PM, hputenis said:

This looks fantastic. I’ve never even heard of it until now.

Your description reminds me of another movie that looks like it’s on Hulu right now. It’s called Hunter Hunter.  The movie is pretty good, and then the end is so disturbing it leaves you with your jaw dropped.  

Added to my queue.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, Shepard Wong said:

Speak No Evil is good but this is not a fun horror movie.  The end is one that will stick with you for days. 

I just finished it.  Fairly simple plot and it definitely succeeded in portraying a message which is:

Spoiler

Stop being such a coward and do something.  I wanted to murder Bjorn myself during this movie.  This movie infuriates me, and having a 1 year old daughter makes it even worse.  

• Like 1

@Shepard Wong I just watched Men and right when I thought horror movies couldn’t get any weirder, this one said "Hold my beer.”  Wtf did I just watch?!  I would recommend it.  I’m on my phone so I can’t really hide any details with spoilers. 

@mikemack8 - before you discard your pants searching for this movie, it’s not about what you think it is!

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, hputenis said:

@Shepard Wong I just watched Men and right when I thought horror movies couldn’t get any weirder, this one said "Hold my beer.”  Wtf did I just watch?!  I would recommend it.  I’m on my phone so I can’t really hide any details with spoilers. 

@mikemack8 - before you discard your pants searching for this movie, it’s not about what you think it is!

Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Haha 3

I'm looking forward to the Hellraiser movie coming out on Hulu next month... I always enjoyed the Hellraiser movies... Most people didn't like anything after 2... 3 was meh but all the others I always thought of as their own individual stories and not continuations... 

I don't like that Doug Bradley isn't Pinhead but he can't do it forever and he would have to be replaced at some point... I know there was one without him already and that one was definitely terrible... 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Just had to evacuate from a fire alarm in the middle of Smile.  Good times

"Over the last few months I've lost a lot of things, and one of the things I've lost is my smile"

A Moment in Time: The Night Shawn Michaels Lost His Smile | Ring the Damn  Bell

23 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Just had to evacuate from a fire alarm in the middle of Smile.  Good times

Did they eventually let you go back inside?  Can't wait to hear the reviews of this.  It looks great.  

Watched Hellraiser as soon as it came out last night night... I didn't really care for it... Thought the story was terrible... Not a single thing about it made it stand out from any of the other Hellraisers 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hputenis... I mean you may like it... I read comments from a review and most people seemed to like it... I'm a big fan of the originals and to me this new one just didn't live up to expectations I guess you could say 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Holy ish. This better be real. I can't believe someone in 2022 sunk money into making this and I can't believe the price I'm willing to pay for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Holy ish. This better be real. I can't believe someone in 2022 sunk money into making this and I can't believe the price I'm willing to pay for it.

Right? I'm definitely getting this 

Hell raiser was ok. Hated lead girl with a passion. 

watched shudder movie Deadstream. It was cheesy but enjoyable. I liked the lead a lot. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, Aspiritfall said:

Hputenis... I mean you may like it... I read comments from a review and most people seemed to like it... I'm a big fan of the originals and to me this new one just didn't live up to expectations I guess you could say 

I actually did enjoy it!  Not as good as the original, but I love the Hellraiser story in general.  This was one of the few mainstream horror movies that my parents actually kept me away from growing up, so I didn't see the original Hellraiser until I was probably in my twenties, which is probably why I like the remake.  

51 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I actually did enjoy it!  Not as good as the original, but I love the Hellraiser story in general.  This was one of the few mainstream horror movies that my parents actually kept me away from growing up, so I didn't see the original Hellraiser until I was probably in my twenties, which is probably why I like the remake.  

I found most of the characters to be unlikable especially the main chick... 

Watched X with my wife. I personally love Ti West. She thought it super weird and gross. Recommend for fans of throwback horror with some wtf thrown in there. 

• Like 2

Not horror, but this thread has more activity than the movie thread.  Anyway - this movie looks hilarious and awesome :lol: 

• Haha 1

Halloween ends is ironic. I’m an hour into this move and can’t wait for it to end.

image.gif.3b0723d8fc24a38bb094c38aade7c3b3.gif

• Haha 2