Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

On 11/1/2022 at 1:08 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

So can anyone explain what the hell Nope was?

I still need to see the 2nd part of it.  I rented it for 48 hours on Amazon about a month ago and got tied up with a bunch of crap and lost it.  I was definitely into it.  

Spoiler

That monkey rage scene on that tv set was awesome.  Jordan Peele knows how to intensify a scene better than anyone in recent memory.  

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I still need to see the 2nd part of it.  I rented it for 48 hours on Amazon about a month ago and got tied up with a bunch of crap and lost it.  I was definitely into it.  

Reveal hidden contents

That monkey rage scene on that tv set was awesome.  Jordan Peele knows how to intensify a scene better than anyone in recent memory.  

That was the only part that could be described as horror to me - the rest was more sci-fi IMO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Reveal hidden contents

neck deep in dong, no doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

neck deep in dong, no doubt. 

Well...you're done.  

Ben Stiller Cut Throat GIF - Ben Stiller Cut Throat Hush - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

My fiance jumped through the ceiling at one part of this movie. Biggest reaction I've ever seen from her during a horror movie. There were some pretty annoying "why would you do that" moments but for the most part this movie was awesome. 

Oh for sure. There was an amazing amount of idiocy by the all involved. I said they all deserve to die based on their choices. 

@eaglegenius @Shepard Wong

Not sure how much you guys dive into international horror films, but I haven’t seen any of these mentioned. If you haven’t seen any of them, you can thank me later. They’re all phenomenal and scary as hell. The Wailing is probably in my top 5 all time for horror films. 

-Noroi: The Curse (Japanese horror)

-the Medium (Thailand) 

-the Wailing (Korean and Japanese)

-I Saw the Devil (Korean) - this is more of a revenge/action type of horror.  Incredible  

-Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum - found footage 

Have fun!!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hputenis said:

Not sure how much you guys dive into international horror films, but I haven’t seen any of these mentioned. If you haven’t seen any of them, you can thank me later. They’re all phenomenal and scary as hell. The Wailing is probably in my top 5 all time for horror films. 

-the Medium (Thailand) 

-I Saw the Devil (Korean) - this is more of a revenge/action type of horror.  Incredible  

Have fun!!  

I saw the devil is amazing and a must watch for anyone. Absolutely love it

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 5:10 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Just had to evacuate from a fire alarm in the middle of Smile.  Good times

I saw Smile last night and enjoyed it a lot.  Simple plot with a lot of good jump scares.  If the plot of Sinister had sex with the plot of Truth or Dare, their horror movie lovechild would be Smile.  

• Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 6:04 PM, hputenis said:

-the Medium (Thailand) 

Have fun!!  

Back in the 90s, I was pretty deep into foreign horror, particularly Asian horror.  Less so now, not so much because of the quality of the movies but inevitably I fall behind watching newer movies while I deep dive older stuff.  Back then, I was attending multiple film festivals every year, including a few that specialized in either horror or international films, and often both. Sadly, getting old and having responsibilities kills all that.  Now I have to catch what I can whenever I get a chance.

I totally agree on the Wailing and I Saw the Devil.  I'm a fan of of both movies.  I'll have to add the others to my watchlist and get caught up.

• Like 1

I saw Pearl earlier. I enjoyed it more than X, but I think it’s safe to say that I’m just not a huge Ti West fan for a lot of his recent stuff.  For some reason I was just not that into it despite the cool premise. @Shepard Wong this might be the first movie you like that I don’t really like.  And @mikemack8 unfortunately for you, this movie is not about a necklace. 

Ti West movies that I do like a lot are House of the Devil (slow burn that pays off) and the Sacrament (cult movie based on Jim Jones and the People’s Temple).  @eaglegenius tagging you in case you haven’t seen these 2.  Both of these are cult movies and I am obsessed with good cult movies.  

I just turned off the agonizing Sixers game and started watching Bodies, Bodies, Bodies, and I am all in on this after 25 minutes. This movie is a blast so far even without any hot chicks (except for the broad that doesn’t shave her pits and we’re supposed to all act like it’s normal).  

• Haha 1

Hell house 3: Lake of Fire is free on Tubi now and I heard it was decent.  The 2nd one was absolutely horrendous in my opinion.  I’m gonna fall asleep to the 3rd right now, but it reminded me of my favorite scene in the original Hell House. I hope it haunts all of your dreams. 

61E3A32C-ECF1-409D-8A64-8E6C17D3DA1F.jpeg

18 hours ago, hputenis said:

saw Pearl earlier. I enjoyed it more than X, but I think it’s safe to say that I’m just not a huge Ti West fan.

I rented and was sorry I did.  Guess they’ll have a Pearl 2 cause there’s a big gap between it and X.

• Like 1

I don’t think it counts as horror (more of a "suspense” maybe?) but I had fun seeing The Menu

On 11/18/2022 at 9:34 PM, hputenis said:

I saw Pearl earlier. I enjoyed it more than X, but I think it’s safe to say that I’m just not a huge Ti West fan for a lot of his recent stuff.  For some reason I was just not that into it despite the cool premise. @Shepard Wong this might be the first movie you like that I don’t really like.  And @mikemack8 unfortunately for you, this movie is not about a necklace. 

Ti West movies that I do like a lot are House of the Devil (slow burn that pays off) and the Sacrament (cult movie based on Jim Jones and the People’s Temple).  @eaglegenius tagging you in case you haven’t seen these 2.  Both of these are cult movies and I am obsessed with good cult movies.  

I just turned off the agonizing Sixers game and started watching Bodies, Bodies, Bodies, and I am all in on this after 25 minutes. This movie is a blast so far even without any hot chicks (except for the broad that doesn’t shave her pits and we’re supposed to all act like it’s normal).  

Borats daughter is pretty hot

16 hours ago, homerpat said:

Nope now on Peacock. watching tonight. 

I really liked it. Was a slow build and really out there concept, but definitely kept me engaged. 

• Like 3

On 11/29/2022 at 12:31 PM, homerpat said:

I really liked it. Was a slow build and really out there concept, but definitely kept me engaged. 

My favorite part was when the TMZ **** bit it hard on his electric motorcycle

• Haha 2

Significant Other - found it on Paramount + - no, it isn't about @hputenis and @olsilverhair's secret trailer park love affair.

Follows a young couple who take a remote backpacking trip through the Pacific Northwest and face sinister events leading them to realize that everything about the place is not as it seems.

Started out decent but got kinda silly towards the end IMO 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Significant Other - found it on Paramount + - no, it isn't about @hputenis and @olsilverhair's secret trailer park love affair.

You’re a porker

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

This movie looks pretty good.  She looks rough in some of her pictures, but I'd probably let Maika Monroe sit on my face.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hputenis said:

This movie looks pretty good.  She looks rough in some of her pictures, but I'd probably let Maika Monroe sit on my face.  

It was ok. Similar to what @mikemack8 said, it kinda feels like two movies. The first half was well done. The second half was written/directed by a Bear who ingested cocaine. 

• Haha 1

I really dug Bones and All.  It won’t be everybody’s thing but it was so good. I imagine this is what a Terence Malick horror movie would look like. 

• Like 1