Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

7 hours ago, TEW said:

Check out Midsommar. Same director. You’ll love it!

Yeah I posted about that as well - I preferred that one.  I like them both just don’t need to rewatch Hereditary 

9 hours ago, TEW said:

Check out Midsommar. Same director. You’ll love it!

Tommy Boy (10/10) Best Movie Quote - Hi. I'm Earth. Have we met? (1995) on  Make a GIF

• Haha 1

I watched this one today. A decent slasher set during the COVID shut down.  Not great but competently made.  It’s directed by the same guy that made Alone, the one about the widow that gets kidnapped in the woods.  I liked that one a little better but Sick was a decent watch.

AE780665-C930-4BC5-A192-2FC331732245.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im not searching through a thead I dont normally read. Maybe the new Scream has already been discussed. But I have to say this trailer has me excited. This looks like it may have potential to be the best one since the original.

• Like 2

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Im not searching through a thead I dont normally read. Maybe the new Scream has already been discussed. But I have to say this trailer has me excited. This looks like it may have potential to be the best one since the original.

I've seen all of them during the original theatrical run (the first one, which I saw in theaters, may be the only one I didn't see opening night). I will be there for this one too, independent of quality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I've seen all of them during the original theatrical run (the first one, which I saw in theaters, may be the only one I didn't see opening night). I will be there for this one too, independent of quality. 

the reboot seemed a little cheezy. I understood what they were doing and think they set it up well for more. But it was... just a little lackluster in some ways. This one seems like they kicked it up a notch. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Looks good.  Courtney Cox looking pretty rough though

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the reboot seemed a little cheezy. I understood what they were doing and think they set it up well for more. But it was... just a little lackluster in some ways. This one seems like they kicked it up a notch. 

I like the former set pieces as well as getting Hughie from The Boys. 

• Like 1

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Looks good.  Courtney Cox looking pretty rough though

She is getting old.

But, maybe they purposely made her look worse for the movie too. Her character should be looking rough, considering what her life has been since she was a teenager

• Like 1

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

She is getting old.

But, maybe they purposely made her look worse for the movie too. Her character should be looking rough, considering what her life has been since she was a teenager

I know she said she was popular with males age 11-24, but I don't think we ever knew what her age was

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I know she said she was popular with males age 11-24, but I don't think we ever knew what her age was

well, in the original they were in high school. So she was a teenager.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

well, in the original they were in high school. So she was a teenager.

She was a professional news reporter... 

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

She was a professional news reporter... 

oh jesus. Im talking about Syd... my bad.

anyway, point remains. Courtney Cox's character has been through a lot now too.

• Like 1

Yeah - in Scream world Gale Weathers would be probably what mid-late 50s?  

Which is in line with CC - she's 58!  I didn't realize she was that old

Aniston is 53 and I feel like she hasn't aged at all since Friends

On 1/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Skinamarink releases this Friday.  The trailer seems creepy as hell.  Looking forward to it.

I haven’t seen this yet but am planning to catch it in the theater this week.  If you can’t get out to see it, it was announced that it is coming to Shudder on February 2nd.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Cautiously optimistic but with it being M Night who knows :lol: 

I like the premise the film is hunting towards, so I'm all in and pre-reserved for opening night. Also nice to see my guy Ron Weasley in something mainstream again! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I like the premise the film is hinting towards, so I'm all in and pre-reserved for opening night. Also nice to see my guy Ron Weasley in something mainstream again! 

On 1/20/2023 at 10:55 AM, mikemack8 said:

Aniston is 53 and I feel like she hasn't aged at all since Friends

She looks amazing still :wub:

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 3:11 PM, mikemack8 said:

Cautiously optimistic but with it being M Night who knows :lol: 

As bad as his worst movies have been, I still find them entertaining.  I loved the Visit.  That's a creepy movie with an awesome ending.  How many times do you pause and rewind it when the 90 year olds are walking around the house naked?  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:

As bad as his worst movies have been, I still find them entertaining.  I loved the Visit.  That's a creepy movie with an awesome ending.  How many times do you pause and rewind it when the 90 year olds are walking around the house naked?  

I’ve never made it past the scene so I don’t even know how it ends!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I’ve never made it past the scene so I don’t even know how it ends!

Texas Am GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

I saw that they're planning to remake Arachnophobia - not sure how I feel about that, it's one of my all-time faves (which is weird, because I'm an arachnophobe to an extent myself).  I just hope they do it justice - keep some of the comedy elements attached, not just make it a CGI scarefest.  Cameos by Jeff Daniels and John Goodman also a must! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I saw that they're planning to remake Arachnophobia - not sure how I feel about that, it's one of my all-time faves (which is weird, because I'm an arachnophobe to an extent myself).  I just hope they do it justice - keep some of the comedy elements attached, not just make it a CGI scarefest.  Cameos by Jeff Daniels and John Goodman also a must! 

This is fantastic news!!  Loved that movie growing up.  I am also a raging arachnophobe and that plot was and is my worst nightmare.