Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

3 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I really dug Bones and All.  It won’t be everybody’s thing but it was so good. I imagine this is what a Terence Malick horror movie would look like. 

I haven't seen yet (a friend gave it praise), but in my experience Timmy don't miss. 

Anyone seen Troll on Netflix?  I was gonna post it there in the Netflix thread, but I think it belongs here. I really liked it. I thought the actual troll was phenomenal.  Scary ass monster and a pretty cool story. 

Not as good as Trollhunter, the found footage movie from 2010, but it is well worth watching. 

6 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I really dug Bones and All.  It won’t be everybody’s thing but it was so good. I imagine this is what a Terence Malick horror movie would look like. 

6 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I haven't seen yet (a friend gave it praise), but in my experience Timmy don't miss. 

Just got back home from seeing it. Really enjoyed it though nobody told me it was like Highlander. 

Saw an article for this movie.  Forgot about this beauty. Rented of Amazon.  It’s horror/comedy.  It’s a good one.

717BCF70-2960-45C1-B6F3-30D329F652F5.jpegI kick ass for the Lord.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2022 at 1:27 PM, Talkingbirds said:

Saw an article for this movie.  Forgot about this beauty. Rented of Amazon.  It’s horror/comedy.  It’s a good one.

717BCF70-2960-45C1-B6F3-30D329F652F5.jpegI kick ass for the Lord.

One of my ATF. Rented like 30 times as a kid

Was on Shudder going through newer stuff and saw Cleansing Hour. Watched preview and was like wait I’ve totally seen this before. Turns out it is a full length remake of an awesome horror short from 2016. It’s pretty entertaining. Basically a these guys do a webcast of an exorcism every week and it’s totally fabricated. Turns out some demon not thrilled with them and actually possesses their next actor and it’s streamed live. Pretty well done and decent effects minus one cheesy one at end. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, homerpat said:

One of my ATF. Rented like 30 times as a kid

Was on Shudder going through newer stuff and saw Cleansing Hour. Watched preview and was like wait I’ve totally seen this before. Turns out it is a full length remake of an awesome horror short from 2016. It’s pretty entertaining. Basically a these guys do a webcast of an exorcism every week and it’s totally fabricated. Turns out some demon not thrilled with them and actually possesses their next actor and it’s streamed live. Pretty well done and decent effects minus one cheesy one at end. 

This movie is an absolute gem.  I've owned this DVD for years and still remember watching the movie for the first time laughing my arse off the entire time.   

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

This movie is an absolute gem.  I've owned this DVD for years and still remember watching the movie for the first time laughing my arse off the entire time.   

assuming you’re referencing Dead Alive

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NOTW said:

I haven't seen 5 was it any good?

nothing special but better than last few they did. essentially replicated 1 and threw fan service in there. worth a watch on cable. 

• Like 1

Something in the Dirt - directed by Justin Benson and Aaron Morehead.  These guys star in their own movies, and they are some of my favorite young, up and coming cosmic horror directors.  This movie might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was awesome.  Every one of their movies overlap in 1 way or another, and this one does too.  I've posted about their other 2 big movies, Resolution and The Endless.  Watch those 2 in that respective order.  The Endless is a loose sequel to Resolution, and it's insane how they intertwine the 2.  

Again, you really have to like cosmic horror and parallel universes to enjoy how these directors think.  The Endless is one of my favorite found footage movies.  

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

I haven't seen 5 was it any good?

It was a Scream movie. Very formulaic to all the other ones. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, homerpat said:

nothing special but better than last few they did. essentially replicated 1 and threw fan service in there. worth a watch on cable. 

43 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was a Scream movie. Very formulaic to all the other ones. 

Thanks. It's on Amazon Prime so might check it out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Thanks. It's on Amazon Prime so might check it out. 

It's worth it if its on Prime. It's amazing if you compare it to Halloween Ends

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's worth it if its on Prime. It's amazing if you compare it to Halloween Ends

:lol:  That bar is pretty low.

@Shepard Wong  My wife left me home alone this weekend with our 1 year old daughter so I just put on Lake Mungo.  I love this movie. It’s a perfect found footage.  

**Side note. She went with her best friend to a Brett Eldridge concert in Chicago this weekend when the Eagles play there. She’s 5 months pregnant with our 2nd daughter so I don’t understand why she thinks she deserves to have a good time. Not to mention she’s from Charlotte and is a Panthers fan, but should I drop a deuce in her pillow case for the lack of invite and consideration?  Adding @mikemack8 and @EaglePhan1986 for awareness and advice here.  😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2022 at 2:20 PM, NOTW said:

:lol:  That bar is pretty low.

Sounds like your taste in dudes Rusty Tromboner!  

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

@Shepard Wong  My wife left me home alone this weekend with our 1 year old daughter so I just put on Lake Mungo.  I love this movie. It’s a perfect found footage.  

**Side note. She went with her best friend to a Brett Eldridge concert in Chicago this weekend when the Eagles play there. She’s 5 months pregnant with our 2nd daughter so I don’t understand why she thinks she deserves to have a good time. Not to mention she’s from Charlotte and is a Panthers fan, but should I drop a deuce in her pillow case for the lack of invite and consideration?  Adding @mikemack8 and @EaglePhan1986 for awareness and advice here.  😂😂

No idea who brett Eldridge is. Assuming it’s country. Basic white girls love that crap. 

I’d just not do the laundry and say it was because you had your hands full with the kid. Make sure there’s lots of empty pizza boxes and beer cans laying around too so she knows you enjoyed her time away. Whatever you do, don’t let her know her leaving annoyed you because that’s 90% of the reason she left. 

• Haha 1

Sounds like you made out in this deal.  Wife goes out with her friend and you get to watch Lake Mungo instead of go to a country music concert. Assuming it’s a female friend and not some dude jizzing on your unborn child, be happy.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Sounds like you made out in this deal.  Wife goes out with her friend and you get to watch Lake Mungo instead of go to a country music concert. Assuming it’s a female friend and not some dude jizzing on your unborn child, be happy.

I meant because of the Eagles game. Would have been fun to go to a game there. I actually went to Wentz’s first Monday night game there and it was a very fun time and awesome stadium. 

On 12/16/2022 at 8:27 PM, hputenis said:

I wasn’t expecting anyone to out the real reason why I was in Chicago this weekend. Whoops! 

On 12/19/2022 at 9:21 PM, Agent23 said:

I wasn’t expecting anyone to out the real reason why I was in Chicago this weekend. Whoops! 

image.gif.c66200847df01a45bf619635767b0661.gif
My wife did tell me once that the quickest way to her heart is a dude with iron covers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is back to her mom's tonight with the daughter, so I'm binging some horror once she leaves.  Anyone have any recommendations?  @LeanMeanGM @Shepard Wong @eaglegenius?  I'm thinking of checking out Significant Others.  I heard it was decent.  Last night after the horrific football incident with Hamlin, I watched Barbarians on Hulu, not to be confused with Barbarian.  It started out awesome with an amazing setting for a movie (it was on a huge plot of land outside of London that had been owned by a family for generations).  It stars Ramsey from Game of Thrones, who has a top 5 punchable face.  I would recommend it if you're bored.  

Spoiler

The plot is extremely predictable, like immediately from the beginning.  The antagonist also does a great job of being even extremely hateable.  Ramsey is also very short, and he gets made fun of it for the entire length of the movie, which was comical.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hputenis said:

My wife is back to her mom's tonight with the daughter, so I'm binging some horror once she leaves.  Anyone have any recommendations?  @LeanMeanGM @Shepard Wong @eaglegenius?  I'm thinking of checking out Significant Others.  I heard it was decent.  Last night after the horrific football incident with Hamlin, I watched Barbarians on Hulu, not to be confused with Barbarian.  It started out awesome with an amazing setting for a movie (it was on a huge plot of land outside of London that had been owned by a family for generations).  It stars Ramsey from Game of Thrones, who has a top 5 punchable face.  I would recommend it if you're bored.  

Hide contents

The plot is extremely predictable, like immediately from the beginning.  The antagonist also does a great job of being even extremely hateable.  Ramsey is also very short, and he gets made fun of it for the entire length of the movie, which was comical.  

I'm watching The Menu tonight. Just came out on HBOMax. No idea if it's good or not though. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm watching The Menu tonight. Just came out on HBOMax. No idea if it's good or not though. 

I've been really pumped to see this too.  This must have just come out today.  Thanks for the tip!  👀  And for the movie suggestion!  🤣

• Haha 2