Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

"It Follows” is awesome.  Watched the first 5 minutes 6 hours ago, went to dinner with my wife and her 87 family members for her mom’s birthday along with our 2 daughters (one is 2 years old and the other 4 months), chased my 2 year old all around the restaurant for at least an hour before she grabbed a steak knife (I was so proud), and we’re home safe. Now I’m onto the next 1.5 hours of this movie again which is very underrated. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hputenis said:

"It Follows” is awesome.  Watched the first 5 minutes 6 hours ago, went to dinner with my wife and her 87 family members for her mom’s birthday along with our 2 daughters (one is 2 years old and the other 4 months), chased my 2 year old all around the restaurant for at least an hour before she grabbed a steak knife (I was so proud), and we’re home safe. Now I’m onto the next 1.5 hours of this movie again which is very underrated. 

This was in my opinion the worst most overhyped horror movie of last 20 years. I understand the underlying message, but it was a bore

• Confused 1

On 10/12/2023 at 6:27 PM, The_Omega said:

You can’t argue with science! Some of them I can see.  Others, not so much.

It’s more the recency bias and that most are bigger budget family friendly horror. They’re not bad movies, but not amazing 

On 10/15/2023 at 10:33 AM, homerpat said:

This was in my opinion the worst most overhyped horror movie of last 20 years. I understand the underlying message, but it was a bore

Sex is bad, mmkay 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:20 PM, hputenis said:

That’s the movie about what follows in your fromunda

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

That’s the movie about what follows in your fromunda

Hey sir. How are you doing these days? @Godfather tells me he thinks about you during bath time 

51 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Hey sir. How are you doing these days? @Godfather tells me he thinks about you during bath time 

I’m stuck over here in this sewer, some cockless mod banned me to here

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

I always knew you had something against the cockless, Elton John

• Haha 2

On 10/5/2023 at 2:35 PM, mikemack8 said:

Comes out next week, just like @hputenis and @olsilverhair secret love affair!

Anyway - this looks amazing.  Really liked Haunting of Hill House, Midnight Mass and the Midnight Club - watched an episode or so of Bly Manor but it was boring to me.  

The wife and I are 7/8 through this one.  Very entertaining (if a trifle vulgar for my tastes).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

The wife and I are 7/8 through this one.  Very entertaining (if a trifle vulgar for my tastes).

I haven't started it yet but have been getting texts from friends telling me I've got to start it ASAP.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I haven't started it yet but have been getting texts from friends telling me I've got to start it ASAP.  Looking forward to it.

It's fantastic.  I'm halfway through the last episode and it delivers throughout.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

image.jpeg.13991e32f1a629526f93d9e58bb8317b.jpeg

Posting my completed ballot of guesses for you guys to marvel or mock my brilliant or stupid guesses.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 8:48 PM, The_Omega said:

I thought it was pretty good for what it was. 

That’s not what she said

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2023 at 5:11 PM, Shepard Wong said:

4 movies in.  So far I’m batting .500.  Got 3 and 4 right.

Post the whole list when you get a chance - sounded like a good run of movies from the descriptions 

• Like 3

Full list.  I got 4 guesses right 

Targets

Leopard Man

Tremors

Nosferatu
Ghost Story
Sonny Boy
The Omen
Zombi 3
Night of the Werewolf
Murders in the Rue Morgue
The Killing of Satan
The House that Dripped Blood
Leviathan
High Tension
Hellraiser 2 Hellbound

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Post the whole list when you get a chance - sounded like a good run of movies from the descriptions 

It was a really fun line up.  Already looking forward to next year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

It was a really fun line up.  Already looking forward to next year

How many does the winner usually get?

27 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

How many does the winner usually get?

The way they do it is if you guess the right movie for the right slot, you get two points.  If you guess a right movie but in the wrong slot, you get one point, so I finished with 8 points.  The top 3 get prizes.  Their totals this year were 13,12, and 11

On 10/17/2023 at 6:40 PM, olsilverhair said:

I'm trying to get you back in TATE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Hills Have Eyes is my favorite reboot and I don’t even care. I don’t know what else people want in a remake. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

The way they do it is if you guess the right movie for the right slot, you get two points.  If you guess a right movie but in the wrong slot, you get one point, so I finished with 8 points.  The top 3 get prizes.  Their totals this year were 13,12, and 11

That list of questions is impossibly difficult, so it's impressive that you even got 4 of them right.  Every clue is vague, and I can think of 10-15 movies for each one.  

• Like 1