EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Tom Cruise is the greatest movie star in cinema history. He’s not the greatest actor, but greatest star. He does his own stunts, his movies are almost always entertaining and every scene he’s in is made better. He’s captivating and even in the crap movies he’s in at least he makes them fun at the very least. You notice the difference in scenes he’s not in and the ones he’s in with his movies. Significant drop off.

Tom Cruise full dedication to his craft and he’s still going all these years later. GOAT.

I agree. Maybe not to the extent of your hyperbole. But I really appreciate the work he puts in to his movies. 

Ive still enjoyed the newer mission impossible movies, as long as that series has been running. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since there’s not much going on, how about one area the team could be worse at than people expect and one area the team could be better at than people expect.

Worse - WR. The WRs were horrendous last year and they only added one player of note in Brown. Pascal may not even play significant snaps. I’m not sold that Smith will be great yet. He looked good last season. Not great. He doesn’t have elite speed, elite size, elite anything really. He’s just a great route runner and does a lot of things well. That doesn’t mean he can’t be great, guys without elite traits have been great before, but man his slender build worries the crap out of me. Not gonna lie. And Watkins is so inconsistent. I think the WRs will be solid enough as a unit, but I think the Brown acquisition has people to where some people may overrate the impact one guy will have. I don’t think they will be like a top 5 unit or anything.

Better - safety. People expect them to be absolutely atrocious, so even decent safety play will be better than expected.

10 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Since there’s not much going on, how about one area the team could be worse at than people expect and one area the team could be better at than people expect.

Worse - WR. The WRs were horrendous last year and they only added one player of note in Brown. Pascal may not even play significant snaps. I’m not sold that Smith will be great yet. He looked good last season. Not great. He doesn’t have elite speed, elite size, elite anything really. He’s just a great route runner and does a lot of things well. That doesn’t mean he can’t be great, guys without elite traits have been great before, but man his slender build worries the crap out of me. Not gonna lie. And Watkins is so inconsistent. I think the WRs will be solid enough as a unit, but I think the Brown acquisition has people to where some people may overrate the impact one guy will have. I don’t think they will be like a top 5 unit or anything.

Better - safety. People expect them to be absolutely atrocious, so even decent safety play will be better than expected.

I can see safety play being better than expected.  Harris has been serviceable throughout his career and Epps if he gets his shot could surprise.

I'm really down on the RB group.  I think they benefit tremendously from the OL.  Speaking of OL.  Mailata and Dickerson have a lot to live up to now.  Can see them plateauing or maybe a step back.  Not guarantee they just continue to dominate.

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I can see safety play being better than expected.  Harris has been serviceable throughout his career and Epps if he gets his shot could surprise.

I'm really down on the RB group.  I think they benefit tremendously from the OL.  Speaking of OL.  Mailata and Dickerson have a lot to live up to now.  Can see them plateauing or maybe a step back.  Not guarantee they just continue to dominate.

The left side of the OL needs to prove they can pass protect.  They manhandle people and are athletic, but they still let rushers through at a higher rate than top OL.  Obviously, that comes with experience, but they’ve still got to prove they can do it.

Now, our offense barely throws the ball, so it’s easier to hide.

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Are you younger than 40? I can see how someone who wasn't a kid or teen when it came out might think that.

I am and I still enjoy the movie, as do most millennials.  I wouldn’t call it an all time favorite, but it’s a fun movie.

6 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

you guys all suck at talking about the eagles

I guess you will fit in just fine.

30 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Didn't realize there were this many Cruise Cuddlers around here.

Cruise Cucks. 

I think he’s just ok. Mission impossible movies are decent and theirs a couple of others that are decent like Outsiders, Collateral and Last Samurai. He has some stinkers but I’ll give him credit for being the polar opposite of Nick Cage and not doing just any movie pitched to him. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:49 PM, justrelax said:

I was thinking along a parallel line in a different context, prompted by the book I’m reading- McCullough’s biography of Harry Truman. It also applies to Ulysses Grant. Neither was remarkable until circumstance was forced upon them. Two unremarkable men rose to greatness in facing those circumstances. I realize I’m waffling but I clearly opt for B.

The Truman biography is great.  Grant was a remarkable strategist but a pretty lousy president. 

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Are you younger than 40? I can see how someone who wasn't a kid or teen when it came out might think that.

Yep. Late-ish 30’s. I saw it growing up and decided to watch it again last night because I’ll probably see the new one. I just  don’t get how some people watch this on repeat or say it’s a top 80’s movie. Color of Money was a better 80’s Cruise movie. 

3 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Report yourself you ol tranny

Stfu turd boy. 

On 5/28/2022 at 2:48 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Every NFL team's top-three players entering the 2022 season according to PFF:

What’s funny about the "better athlete” comment about Mailata and Lane is our back up,OT, Dillard, scored better as an athlete than Mailata.  

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Worse - Defensive line. Until I see him I’m just assuming Graham is done. Cox I think takes another step back. He feels like another "why did we bring him back at this price?” Howie move. Davis I think will be underwhelming to expectations. Not that he’s a bust, just he isn’t an instant impact player.

Better - Running Back. I think Sanders has a better year. Gainwell in year 2 should also improve. Scott will be his usual self. Hurts rushing TD’s should go down and RB’s should increase compared to last year. 

On 5/28/2022 at 12:44 PM, bpac55 said:

OK, huge change in direction here...dating advice.

I've been out with this girl a few times, things going really well.  Not exclusive yet but could see it going that direction.  Unfortunately, here mom passed away unexpectedly and as expected, that put the brakes on the two of us moving forward.  We aren't at a place yet where I'm the person she looks to for comfort, even though I'd love to be that.  Communication has come to a halt.  What do you do?  Let her go and grieve on her own, hoping she comes back?  Chalk it up as a loss and move on to the next one but let her know I'm here if she needs me?  Feel horrible for her and want to be there but just don't know what to do.

Be like a friend in her time of grief. 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yep. Late-ish 30’s. I saw it growing up and decided to watch it again last night because I’ll probably see the new one. I just  don’t get how some people watch this on repeat or say it’s a top 80’s movie. Color of Money was a better 80’d Cruise movie. 

I love Top Gun but mainly because I'm a big aviation nerd.  I can't sit down and watch it start to finish now though.  It's a good background movie but definitely still one of my favorites.  

The new one is awesome though.  The fact that the majority of the movie is actual flying and not CGI (with some exceptions) makes it sooo good.  I saw it in a small local theater and planning to go to an IMAX to see it again later this week.  It brings closure to the movie and honestly is just a well done movie for today's day and age.  It's just a good action movie.  There are no hidden woke undertones.  Nothing feels forced to fit in to today's extreme society norms.  

Really loved the movie.  

1 hour ago, Arthur Jackson said:

you guys all suck at talking about the eagles

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yep. Late-ish 30’s. I saw it growing up and decided to watch it again last night because I’ll probably see the new one. I just  don’t get how some people watch this on repeat or say it’s a top 80’s movie. Color of Money was a better 80’s Cruise movie. 

Stretch it out 35+ years later and we have probably seen it and heard the song numerous times. Back then it was new and we didn't have the Internet and countless sources of new content ton watch. Nostalgia.

It wasn't my favorite, but it was up there with Iron Eagle, Goonies, Ferris Bueller, Major League, and a few others that I'd watch over and over on HBO. Not the best movies of the 80s, but enjoyable.

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Be like a friend in her time of grief. 

Absolutely not.  Time to go on the offensive.😁

You create banal (vanilla, non sexual, non-wtf you know what I mean) interaction with her and over simple things (drop some food or something pleasant or deliver something) but when you speak you start nice and say, I am here, happy to do more, if you need this or that or need to make out with me or need me to pick up yada yada yada.  You MUST (100% MUST) always put your self in the good Fxxx zone and not the Friend Zone.

Trust me. I am a professional and I am licensed.*  

*I am not a professional and I am not licensed. And I am an idiot.  But still, my points are valid.

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I love Top Gun but mainly because I'm a big aviation nerd.  I can't sit down and watch it start to finish now though.  It's a good background movie but definitely still one of my favorites.  

The new one is awesome though.  The fact that the majority of the movie is actual flying and not CGI (with some exceptions) makes it sooo good.  I saw it in a small local theater and planning to go to an IMAX to see it again later this week.  It brings closure to the movie and honestly is just a well done movie for today's day and age.  It's just a good action movie.  There are no hidden woke undertones.  Nothing feels forced to fit in to today's extreme society norms.  

Really loved the movie.  

I’m not a racist nor a Tom cruise fan but it was actually really good. I give him credit for it. Good script and it was very entertaining til the very end. See it on iMax or 3D, it’s worth it. However there was a preview for mission impossible and it’s a two part mission impossible. I laughed cause I’m tired of those movies. They can stop already with them. 

6 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

If you were a kid and loved fighter jets it‘s really hard not to enjoy it.

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

The Truman biography is great.  Grant was a remarkable strategist but a pretty lousy president. 

He approached the White House the same way he approached being a general.  Trouble was the people he was surrounded by weren't worthy of that level of trust.  That was also a very tough time to be the president.  

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

What’s funny about the "better athlete” comment about Mailata and Lane is our back up,OT, Dillard, scored better as an athlete than Mailata.  

The biggest difference between Mailata and Dillard has very little to do with talent, but drive.   Mailata is a fighter on the field.  When he gets a little beat, he fights to regain position and he's also just 'country strong'.  Dillard doesn't have that same streak of nasty in him.  Call it whatever you want, but Mailata has it, Dillard seems to be lacking it by comparison.   I think Dillard can go on to be a good, consistent pro.  He needs to play... but it won't be here.  I don't see him being a fit at RG.

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Worse - Defensive line. Until I see him I’m just assuming Graham is done. Cox I think takes another step back. He feels like another "why did we bring him back at this price?” Howie move. Davis I think will be underwhelming to expectations. Not that he’s a bust, just he isn’t an instant impact player.

Better - Running Back. I think Sanders has a better year. Gainwell in year 2 should also improve. Scott will be his usual self. Hurts rushing TD’s should go down and RB’s should increase compared to last year. 

He will be a very interesting player to keep an eye on.  Which is a little weird to say about a nose tackle. 

If Davis is what his potential allows him to be, it could be huge for this defense.  We'll see if he can live up to his potential.  No other defensive player in this draft, including Hutchinson, has the ceiling of Davis.

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The biggest trouble with the new one... a pilot the age of Cruise's character would have been retired from flying about 30 years ago.  "Pappy" Boyington back in 1942 got the nickname "Gramps" (later changed to Pappy) due to his advanced age.   He was 31.  That's unheard of for a fighter pilot.  Fighter pilots age out faster than NFL running backs.

Archived