EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

26 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Analytics for college football are really difficult as they relate to forecasting nfl careers.  How often does a potential first day pick go against another potential first day pick and even then were both guys fully healthy for that game? And as was said there are so many interdependent assignments.  Then beyond all that the sample size for the stats is really much too small to be predictive. 

Whenever Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Auburn, SC, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Tennessee, and the rest of the SEC play against each other

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I'm going to use specifically Carr (though roughly the same can be said for all of them). The difference in INT% between the two is literally .1 in favor of Hurts. What you're conveniently failing to mention is that Carr had almost the same number of completions that Hurts did total passing attempts. 

Them being that close in percentage isn't a positive for Hurts the way you're spinning it. It isn't a positive when someone can throw the ball 194 more times and have virtually the same percentage.

I'll save you from the obvious response, if you're even capable of giving one. I understand what you're saying and how the percentages are calculated. What I'm saying is you're wrong if you believe Hurts would've maintained that percentage if they didn't consistently take the ball out of his hands.

Plus, Hurts has fumbled the football 18 times in 30 career games -- in 12 of those games he wasn't on the field long enough to need Gatorade or water.

The notion that fans should trust Hurts to take care of the football is horse manure.

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The biggest trouble with the new one... a pilot the age of Cruise's character would have been retired from flying about 30 years ago.  "Pappy" Boyington back in 1942 got the nickname "Gramps" (later changed to Pappy) due to his advanced age.   He was 31.  That's unheard of for a fighter pilot.  Fighter pilots age out faster than NFL running backs.

The oldest American pilot at Midway was 32. The average age of RAF fighter pilots in the war was 20, of American pilots 21.

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

To an extent.  He wasn't an active combat pilot, he was a test pilot.  Think of him as Chuck Yeager in the film.  Yes, for him to fly an active mission is a bit far-fetched but just a minor thing in an otherwise terrific movie. 

Or if you look at Jimmy Doolittle, who was 44 I believe when the raid took place.  Yes, silly to compare Tom Cruise to two absolute legends and heroes but just giving some context. 

Chuck Yeager was 24 when he broke the sound barrier.

Danger Zone still gets me amped. Especially when I'm gaming. When I need to one shot something. I put on Danger Zone and go into the zone. That or Eye of the Tiger. Til I collapse or lose yourself.

People say those songs are corny but I say they are robbing themselves from the chance to be excellent. Embrace the music and let it flow.

27 minutes ago, justrelax said:

The oldest American pilot at Midway was 32. The average age of RAF fighter pilots in the war was 20, of American pilots 21.

Thankfully Cruise is the approximate height and weight of the average middle schooler so it's at least kinda believable. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. 

180528-F-KH895-1060.JPG

A day to remember all who gave their all.    

And a day to thank all those who currently serve and have served.  :usa: 

Analytics is a tool.  Scout's eyeballs are a tool. What is important is that the gm/coach can put them together and pick the right guy. I would say that neither is more important 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

180528-F-KH895-1060.JPG

A day to remember all who gave their all.    

And a day to thank all those who currently serve and have served.  :usa: 

Yup. All gave some and some gave all. I'm thankful for the brave.

58 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Chuck Yeager was 24 when he broke the sound barrier.

That didn't end his career as a test pilot.  He was a test pilot in to the 1970s. 

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Analytics is a tool.  Scout's eyeballs are a tool. What is important is that the gm/coach can put them together and pick the right guy. I would say that neither is more important 

I’m a tool 

19 hours ago, justrelax said:

It certainly wasn’t an issue at the time. Nobody chuckled at her in Witness. What bothered me then, as it did also with Titanic, was that the women were too much woman for the man. Tom Cruise was a kid beside her, as was DeCaprio next to Kate Winslet. Leo grew up. Tom never did.

Why would it bother you?

57 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

Danger Zone still gets me amped. Especially when I'm gaming. When I need to one shot something. I put on Danger Zone and go into the zone. That or Eye of the Tiger. Til I collapse or lose yourself.

People say those songs are corny but I say they are robbing themselves from the chance to be excellent. Embrace the music and let it flow.

image.gif.c30f4cb2b0bea22d12e937d7998603d5.gif

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That didn't end his career as a test pilot.  He was a test pilot in to the 1970s. 

Being a test pilot is still different from a fighter pilot and the dog fighting involved.  USAF has the lionshare of their pilots in the age bracket 25-34.  Less than 4% are 45+.  

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Being a test pilot is still different from a fighter pilot and the dog fighting involved.  USAF has the lionshare of their pilots in the age bracket 25-34.  Less than 4% are 45+.  

Right, go back to my post.  I allude to that, was just making a comparison.  

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

Even better than Danger Zone is the main theme that builds up to it.

Given it's Memorial Day, the theme music to Band of Brothers and the Pacific fills me with the greatest sense of pride for what my grandfather and all of his buddies, especially the ones who were lost, went through.  He was lucky enough to survive, but like so many of those vets, he felt tremendous guilt that he came home while others didn't.    

Guest justrelax
7 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Why would it bother you?

In a larger sense it doesn’t bother me. But looking at those two movies, I wondered, what’s that grown woman doing with that teenager? Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis I could see. Tom and Kelly seemed too much like teen fantasy. Maybe that was the point.

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

In a larger sense it doesn’t bother me. But looking at those two movies, I wondered, what’s that grown woman doing with that teenager? Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis I could see. Tom and Kelly seemed too much like teen fantasy. Maybe that was the point.

I never understood why anyone thought Kelly McGillis was attractive.

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Just to clarify, these are ages of fighter pilots. Bomber pilots were older. Average age 25.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

I think it appealed to the target audience. I've said elsewhere that Top Gun was one of the better/more effective USN recruiting films ever made. Their target audience wasn't 50 - 60 somethings.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Plus, Hurts has fumbled the football 18 times in 30 career games -- in 12 of those games he wasn't on the field long enough to need Gatorade or water.

The notion that fans should trust Hurts to take care of the football is horse manure.

Let's look at strictly the interceptions for a minute. He threw 11 all of last season, including the game against Tampa in the playoffs.

It was around the first Giants game where the blueprint to slow Hurts down really came into effect. From that game on of the 11 total interceptions thrown, he threw 6 in that 5 game span. Not good. 

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Even better than Danger Zone is the main theme that builds up to it.

Why don't they just have Cruise blathering his scientology crapola into the enemy's headset, then they willingly fly their planes into mountain ranges to end the noise?  Might be more realistic.

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

yeah flash

mark-wahlberg-flash-gordon.gif

Archived