EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Assume you mean pronghorn, not African antelope. Good eating.  

Game birds:  no quail?  I rank quail right after pheasant.  Plain state pheasants in the corn. Yum. 

Fish:  Catfish? Really like pan fried perch/crappie/sunfish.  Small but tasty. 

Never ate a quail. And yes I forgot about catfish also very good. You can keep panfish not worth the work

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Never barbecued venison.  Such a lean meat.  How do you add fat and keep it from drying out with a slow low heat smoking?  What part of the buc do you barbecue?  

Bearded butchers (Youtube) have some interesting stuff on venison.  

8 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Philly sports is in a good spot right now. Eagles on the climb. Phillies have the talent, the offense is just in a slump. And Sixers once Harden's hamstring heals, and hopefully they go out and get Beal in a sign and trade in the summer could be damn good next season, like a juggernaut. Flyers... can't name one player on the team I haven't watched a game since Jagr was on the squad so can't say anything about them really.

Wow, couldn’t disagree more

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So who’s everyone’s choice…Jurgens? Strong?…. Hurts?………:ph34r:

Covey

4 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Submitted for your consideration, noticed him when watching Woods highlights, only 6’2”, great at shoulder throws. I’m out on Jurkovec and Van Dyke, a lot of hang time on those balls

Armstrong is such a better QB name than Pickett.

Just imagine Strong baked up by Armstrong.

That would intimidate every defense. 

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So who’s everyone’s choice…Jurgens? Strong?…. Hurts?………:ph34r:

Let's say AJ Brown and Treylon Burks put up similar numbers.  Is the trade a success?  

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Interesting comment on BWF. Sheil brought up kelce on chris long’s podcast a couple weeks back saying that if Doug was still HC he might not be playing anymore. That sirianni made him take off wednesdays during the season and by the end of the year he said he felt great and wish he’d done that sooner. 

The first year with Sirianni was our healthiest season since the Chip Kelly days. It's not a coincidence.

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Let's say AJ Brown and Treylon Burks put up similar numbers.  Is the trade a success?  

It would mean Hurts played better than expected.

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

The first year with Sirianni was our healthiest season since the Chip Kelly days. It's not a coincidence.

Doug Pederson was the 1st coach to win a super bowl here. Hard work and winning aren't a coincidence either.

1 minute ago, greend said:

Doug Pederson was the 1st coach to win a super bowl here. Hard work and winning aren't a coincidence either.

The Rams have the lightest practices in the NFL and won the Super Bowl last year.

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

The Rams have the lightest practices in the NFL and won the Super Bowl last year.

Cool, who cares? 

Just now, greend said:

Cool, who cares? 

You implied that teams that practice less, aren't working hard which is false.

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

You implied that teams that practice less, aren't working hard which is false.

I implied that our team won with hard work under Doug evidently. You implied that light practices made less injuries for our team. When we win a Super Bowl with Sirianni at the helm give me a call, otherwise I couldn't care less about light practices. The goal is to win a Super bowl not extend the careers of older players.

When push came to shove in the playoff we were humiliated, a little harder practices and maybe our team plays better.

4 minutes ago, greend said:

I implied that our team won with hard work under Doug evidently. You implied that light practices made less injuries for our team. When we win a Super Bowl with Sirianni at the helm give me a call, otherwise I couldn't care less about light practices. The goal is to win a Super bowl not extend the careers of older players.

When push came to shove in the playoff we were humiliated, a little harder practices and maybe our team plays better.

Nah just gotta have the team watch all the rocky movies instead of just 1

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Never barbecued venison.  Such a lean meat.  How do you add fat and keep it from drying out with a slow low heat smoking?  What part of the buc do you barbecue?  

My Sister in Law works at a country estate, so Deer are treated as a pest and we can get as much venison and pheasant as we'd like.  We have BBQd venison loin and fillet over the past couple of years with some success - the hard part has been trying to get the temps right and keeping everyone happy with the sear, etc. I haven't got around to playing around with Venison in the smoker yet.

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

A TE that can run routes and catch besides Goedert. Jackson hasn’t proved he can and won’t be available early. Stoll is a mediocre route runner with 50/50 hands. 

But there were so many better options and guys we were trying to dump for a day 3 pick

41 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Would say it depends on how thier qbs play, but probably not in that case

the schemes are similar enough. Neither is likely to be a high volume guy

30 minutes ago, RLC said:

The Rams were a veteran team with an established system, Sirianni is a guy trying to build a culture and trying to teach young kids what it is like in the NFL.  

13 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

My Sister in Law works at a country estate, so Deer are treated as a pest and we can get as much venison and pheasant as we'd like.  We have BBQd venison loin and fillet over the past couple of years with some success - the hard part has been trying to get the temps right and keeping everyone happy with the sear, etc. I haven't got around to playing around with Venison in the smoker yet.

Sounds like you need sous vide! 

19 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

But there were so many better options and guys we were trying to dump for a day 3 pick

Given the question marks around him, especially considering the concussions that forced him out of football... you do have to wonder what was so alluring about him there versus just waiting to see if he'd fall to UDFA status.  

At the same time, some of the guys that got as UDFAs in place of him were guys that I would have drafted over him.  Is that a win-win situation?  Not sure.

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Sounds like you need sous vide! 

😍

6 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Submitted for your consideration, noticed him when watching Woods highlights, only 6’2”, great at shoulder throws. I’m out on Jurkovec and Van Dyke, a lot of hang time on those balls

I’m a fan of Armstrong, nice arm. Think he has a shot in NFL.

24 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

I’m a fan of Armstrong, nice arm. Think he has a shot in NFL.

He's a left handed Bernie Kosar clone. (said with no evidence to support that assertion)

He'll make the playoffs, but he's not getting past the Steelers. (Did Kosar and the Browns ever make it past the Steelers? Dunno. Who cares?)

1 minute ago, CouchKing said:

He's a left handed Bernie Kosar clone. (said with no evidence to support that assertion)

He'll make the playoffs, but he's not getting past the Steelers.

More like a left handed Philip Rivers, watch a bunch of his throws, he has an odd throwing motion/hitch.   No one wanted to fix Rivers because he threw like that since he was 4 years old, I’m not sure that’ll happen with Armstrong. 

11 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

He'll make the playoffs, but he's not getting past the Steelers. (Did Kosar and the Browns ever make it past the Steelers? Dunno. Who cares?)

The Browns' issue was the Broncos and Elway, not the Steelers.

Taking Stroud and Young out of the equation for the moment, It will be interesting to see what kind of QB Howie targets in 2023.

Does he target a QB that is more polished and pro-ready, but who comes with a lower ceiling: Phil Jurkovec & Will Levis

Or does he swing for the fences for a QB that will need another year or two of development, but comes with elite QB ceiling: Anthony Richardson & Tyler Van Dyke.

I think history would show that the Eagles prefer the high ceiling QB: Wentz and reportedly Zach Wilson, but will they have the patience to wait for the QB to develop considering the rest of the offensive roster is ready to go?

Archived