EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I was just thinking, when was the last time all 4 teams somewhat competitive at the same time? 2008?

The Phillies being bad going on season 11 builds character. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Since that last Friday you could make the case really nothing has gone right in Philly sports besides Dean falling to the eagles in the 3rd round  

Yea and Dean wants #17 which means he’s bound to be bleh 

4 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I can't really remember the Flyers being competitive.  I've lived in LA since 2008 and I think they've at least one championship in every sport since I've been here

Has to be the most uncaring local fanbase too 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea and Dean wants #17 which means he’s bound to be bleh 

Phillies really put the stink in Stinko de Mayo. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Has to be the most uncaring local fanbase too 

There are plenty of Laker & Dodger fans out here.  There's just a lot more people so it's diluted. I think Dodgers lead the league in attendance actually. Honestly the last thing I want my kids to do is feel the need to watch 162 baseball games or 80 games of other sports when the teams suck because they feel like they have to fit some dumb fan code.  Football is different because there are so few games and they are on Sundays

8 hours ago, greend said:

But I haven't personally harvested one.

That said

Mammals

Caribou

Moose

Elk

Venison

Antelope

Bear (sometimes awesome, sometimes meh)

Squirrel 

Rabbit

Birds

Pheasant

Grouse

Chukar

Turkey

Dove

Fish

Walleye

Tuna (sushi)

Shark (Mako)

Salmon

everything else

Anyhow that's my opinion and again maybe I'm forgetting something in there.

Assume you mean pronghorn, not African antelope. Good eating.  

Game birds:  no quail?  I rank quail right after pheasant.  Plain state pheasants in the corn. Yum. 

Fish:  Catfish? Really like pan fried perch/crappie/sunfish.  Small but tasty. 

Philly sports is in a good spot right now. Eagles on the climb. Phillies have the talent, the offense is just in a slump. And Sixers once Harden's hamstring heals, and hopefully they go out and get Beal in a sign and trade in the summer could be damn good next season, like a juggernaut. Flyers... can't name one player on the team I haven't watched a game since Jagr was on the squad so can't say anything about them really.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is what being a Phils fan is all about. LFG!

Feel appropriate DAC32986-92F9-4902-B650-D387EB2B124C.thumb.jpeg.febc4713722bb3e4307fce2ebdcece08.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Philly sports is in a good spot right now. Eagles on the climb. Phillies have the talent, the offense is just in a slump. And Sixers once Harden's hamstring heals, and hopefully they go out and get Beal in a sign and trade in the summer could be damn good next season, like a juggernaut. Flyers... can't name one player on the team I haven't watched a game since Jagr was on the squad so can't say anything about them really.

The flyers suck. The Phillies have been the same team for the past 4 years. They built the entire thing wrong trying to buy a team cause their farm system sucked even though they were supposed to build it the 4-5 year they were just awful. And the sixers might legitimately be stuck with a washed harden and might be stuck in a purgatory where they can’t get out of the second round. 

23 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Somehow these projections of good things to come don't often work out

12 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Somehow these projections of good things to come don't often work out

What are you talking about look how blessed we are. 

the Phillies have won 2 World Series in 140 years of baseball along with 17 playoff appearances. 

flyers won a Stanley cup back to back 47 years ago. 

the sixers won 3 titles in 76 years. 

Eagles have won 1 title in the last 60 years.

3344E4D5-7253-44A7-A9A2-37910DA4A6F1.jpeg

Ummm…there’s Dean stuff up on the Eagles shop but no Davis. AND this is clearly a placeholder #. A 0 Dean tshirt might be cool though. Hopefully it’s not his snap count. 

8C7F83F8-AADE-4758-9090-41751FAB868E.png

44 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I would get rid of Harden.  Guy is a loser.  Always has been, always will be.  Hopefully Maxey can be that 2nd star to Embiid and just put good, young players around them.

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I would get rid of Harden.  Guy is a loser.  Always has been, always will be.  Hopefully Maxey can be that 2nd star to Embiid and just put good, young players around them.

he’s gonna opt into his deal next year. They need him to at least do that so they can trade and get anything for him as an expiring contract. Problem just letting him walk you are over the cap with embiid, Harris, green and the other contracts. The sixers really needed to hit a homerun with the Simmons trade due to so many past blunders leaving the roster the way it was. They missed it 

25 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ummm…there’s Dean stuff up on the Eagles shop but no Davis. AND this is clearly a placeholder #. A 0 Dean tshirt might be cool though. Hopefully it’s not his snap count. 

8C7F83F8-AADE-4758-9090-41751FAB868E.png

Fanatics has a number 1 "first round pick" Davis jersey

Don't forget to use the EMB Fanatics link to support the site!

25 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

Fanatics has a number 1 "first round pick" Davis jersey

Don't forget to use the EMB Fanatics link to support the site!

Davis already got number 90. I’ll wait. Just thought the Dean 0 was interesting. 

So who’s everyone’s choice…Jurgens? Strong?…. Hurts?………:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What’s the name of our new basketball playing WR? Gavin?

1 minute ago, WentzFan11 said:

What’s the name of our new basketball playing WR? Gavin?

Well my nickname for Gavin is twilight. 

Interesting comment on BWF. Sheil brought up kelce on chris long’s podcast a couple weeks back saying that if Doug was still HC he might not be playing anymore. That sirianni made him take off wednesdays during the season and by the end of the year he said he felt great and wish he’d done that sooner. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Grant Calcaterra in a surprise showing for the entire league. 

Submitted for your consideration, noticed him when watching Woods highlights, only 6’2”, great at shoulder throws. I’m out on Jurkovec and Van Dyke, a lot of hang time on those balls

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m sure what they mean is they are going to monitor the situation 

Just like Brown is the perfect fit for the offense and ideal with Smith, I think Bradberry could be just that for the defense. A high level zone corner to be #2 to Slay.

It’s probably not happening but it would be amazing! Really hope Roseman gives it his best shot.

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Never barbecued venison.  Such a lean meat.  How do you add fat and keep it from drying out with a slow low heat smoking?  What part of the buc do you barbecue?  

I should have said grilled. I grill the back strap and the steaks. High heat quickly.

Archived