EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

30 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

My guy Tanner McKee is who you’re looking for, although he needs to take a big jump next season for Stanford. 

McKee is interesting; he plays the position the correct way but it's hard to measure his upside based on the offense he's in.  Don't see many long seam throws or airing it out.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Imagine the legacy of 2020 highlights showing empty and almost empty stadiums.

I wonder if looking back in 20 years there will be a context that it is better understood.  

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

23% might warrant a player personnel meeting.  88% like Anthony Richardson is at?  He can F off.  He's running because it what he wants to do.

I think it depends on what the offense is asking him to do.  I mean how many are designed runs or run option plays.  Some hard and fast rule just doesn't take into account the variety of college football options and the lack of input by the player.  Richardson's evaluation depends on whether he can be an efficient passing QB next season.  I would think, even if he has a good year, he should consider staying for his senior season.  

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33861237/nfl-draft-2022-ranking-best-draft-trades-why-eagles-not-traded-no-13

The full Seth Walder BS analytics take that the Eagles had a 55% chance at getting Davis at 15 thus they shouldn't have traded up.

Absolute nonsense. Annoying that anyone takes this dude seriously.

What a crappy write-up.  "...but the difference between what you get at 13 and 15 is tiny..."

NOT IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS DRAFT.  The cliff was at 14.

He even acknowledges that point, but diminishes it because it contradicts the model he wants to promote.

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33861237/nfl-draft-2022-ranking-best-draft-trades-why-eagles-not-traded-no-13

The full Seth Walder BS analytics take that the Eagles had a 55% chance at getting Davis at 15 thus they shouldn't have traded up.

Good chance that Baltimore would take Jordan Davis.

But the Eagles wanted him more. They traded a 3rd to move up.

Baltimore just waited in their slot for him or BPA. They could have traded up for him.

17 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Baltimore just waited in their slot for him or BPA. They could have traded up for him.

A fourth and two fifth but almost.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

A fourth and two fifth but almost.

Right. It's all a blur. We then traded the 1st and 3rd rounder for AJ Brown.

It was a flashburn of so much draft capital, never before seen.

If you get entertainment out of it then great but I've never personally cared what all these 'analysts' have to say after the fact.

Sixers announce Joel Embiid has cleared concussion protocol and participated in shootaround this morning 👍🏼
Source says Joel is pushing and doing everything he can to play tonight
He is still listed as out for tonight as of 1130am but sources say his status could change from now until Game 3 7pm start

14 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

I hope they cut hurts

You were either putting lipstick on when you typed this or practicing your best mangina pose in the mirror.  Maybe both.  

Step brothers choir GIF on GIFER - by Celsa

6 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I mean fundamentally if the argument is that the Ravens would not have taken Davis, the Eagles thought that was not true.  Maybe the Ravens valued Hamilton over Davis but a lot of people had him going to Baltimore.  If he's saying that Hamilton was a better value for the team + the picks they gave up, I think that makes sense.  I am unsure whether the point value chart is accurate in terms of how the Eagles saw the draft talent. It seemed to me that the Eagles believed the UDFAs and 6th round picks were comparable to players they could get in the 4th.  

29 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

McKee is interesting; he plays the position the correct way but it's hard to measure his upside based on the offense he's in.  Don't see many long seam throws or airing it out.

They don’t, but Stanford’s offense is one of the closest to an old school (west coast) NFL offense there is in college.  

13 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Congrats to the Phillies on blowing a 6 run lead in the 9th 

They statistically had a 99.9% chance of wining that game going into the 9th and blew it!  

You Blew It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 hours ago, greend said:

I should have said grilled. I grill the back strap and the steaks. High heat quickly.

Gotcha. Like the steaks, seared and then cooked quickly.  Now a bear roast can be slowed smoked after a sear in contrast, but like you say, depends. I don’t know about you but with bear, I struggle to combat the fact I am eating a canine. 

33 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I heard an interview on NFL Radio where Howie said they traded up for Davis because he fit perfectly with what they want to do on defense.  He suspected BAL might take Davis but wasn't sure.  Says the Ravens ended up with "an excellent player" as well.

6 hours ago, greend said:

Never ate a quail. And yes I forgot about catfish also very good. You can keep panfish not worth the work

Some days the only thing biting are the pan fish. 

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I am unsure whether the point value chart is accurate in terms of how the Eagles saw the draft talent. It seemed to me that the Eagles believed the UDFAs and 6th round picks were comparable to players they could get in the 4th.  

From what was said I believe the plan was to trade down our third to add picks later but then they decided against it when Dean was still there.

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Let's say AJ Brown and Treylon Burks put up similar numbers.  Is the trade a success?  

Absolutely.  If Brown puts up similar numbers to Burks, when Brown is catching passes from the "worst passer” in the league per the experts in the passing game in here, then that can’t help but show that Brown is an All Pro and Burks is a JAG.  (Sarcasm intended.)

5 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Let's say AJ Brown and Treylon Burks put up similar numbers.  Is the trade a success?  

I am assuming the 'numbers' are very good.

For the Ravens Titans, of course.  They made the bet on Burks.  The Eagles didn't.

Burks' performance is irrelevant to the Eagles.

CORRECTED

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

For the Ravens, of course.  They made the bet on Burks.  The Eagles didn't.

Assuming you mean Titans not Ravens

4 hours ago, RLC said:

The Rams have the lightest practices in the NFL and won the Super Bowl last year.

No reason to tackle that much, but there needs to be some to get the body acclimated.   There is not a huge advantage to pounding on the line but some contact with the choreography is needed. I do think there is an advantage to route running in pads for timing purposes because running in pads is different than running without.  But most practice injuries aren’t contact injuries.  Conditioning is a big part of protection from injury. I do like the big guys wearing braces in practice. Now a days, line players are used to them from college.  

14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Absolutely.  If Brown puts up similar numbers to Burks, when Brown is catching passes from the "worst passer” in the league per the experts in the passing game in here, then that can’t help but show that Brown is an All Pro and Burks is a JAG.  (Sarcasm intended.)

Quit dissing Minshew like that

12 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

For the Ravens, of course.  They made the bet on Burks.  The Eagles didn't.

Burks went to the Titans to replace AJ Brown.  It is very relevant.

8 minutes ago, Infam said:

From what was said I believe the plan was to trade down our third to add picks later but then they decided against it when Dean was still there.

I think that's right.  My guess  is that they had a 2nd round grade on Dean.  

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Burks went to the Titans to replace AJ Brown.  It is very relevant.

16 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Assuming you mean Titans not Ravens

Yes....Titans not Ravens.

And Burks' numbers are still irrelevant to the Eagles.

Don't care if it's just warmups and drills, excited to see the new guys in their Eagles gear.  If I'm not mistaken, they usually release a full list of rookie camp invites.  I wonder who else we might see there.

Archived