EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

27 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Wow…nothing like a little gaslighting and playing the victim card. All from a warped sense of reality.. people who hope the Eagles fail so they can win the narrative..too funny…

Think I've only seen one who wants to see failure, which I don't understand at all. I personally would love for my doubts to be answered with high levels of success. I think our QB situation, depth at corner, and safety situation are the biggest question marks. I'm excited to see the new defense and to see Gainwell's year two. I expect Smith to be high end #2, low end #1 which isn't an insult. I question Brown's production last year with a more productive QB. Hoping that was just a down year. I am looking forward to see how our coaches have grown, and what they learned from the Bucs handing them their ass.  I also don't think our schedule is as easy as everyone wants to believe. Washington got better and the giants have taken one the last two years while being a dumpster fire. I'm not looking forward to playing Minnesota either.  I'm hoping to eat a plate of crow and will down that like a fat man on cake 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the Eagles have Goedert locked up, but man TE is LOADED in next years draft.  I really hope they can come away with one.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Speaking of gaslighting.  

Did I say something wrong there? 

I'm on record with all my doubts at QB, but if I'm wrong, I'll admit it 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  Not you.  

And I'm an idiot lol double checked what I answered. New born brain man. I Fing miss sleep 

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

So who's getting lit to watch the USFL Championship tonight?

i’ll probably check in a few times to see how it’s going 

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I dunno, Wentz is about as white as it gets.  I think Pepsi would have been asked why they chose a white guy to endorse local black small business owners 

Perhaps. I ate at a restaurant in Atlanta with I'm pretty sure black ownership, small with black customers. I would have had NO qualms endorsing that place. And it had nothing to do with melanin distribution. That food was GOOD!

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Think I've only seen one who wants to see failure, which I don't understand at all. I personally would love for my doubts to be answered with high levels of success. I think our QB situation, depth at corner, and safety situation are the biggest question marks. I'm excited to see the new defense and to see Gainwell's year two. I expect Smith to be high end #2, low end #1 which isn't an insult. I question Brown's production last year with a more productive QB. Hoping that was just a down year. I am looking forward to see how our coaches have grown, and what they learned from the Bucs handing them their ass.  I also don't think our schedule is as easy as everyone wants to believe. Washington got better and the giants have taken one the last two years while being a dumpster fire. I'm not looking forward to playing Minnesota either.  I'm hoping to eat a plate of crow and will down that like a fat man on cake 

I understand "safety situation" but I'm having a hard time digesting your "depth at corner" comment.

Behind the starters Slay - Bradbury - Maddox in order to get to a problem with "depth at corner" all ten of Vincent Jr., McPhearson, Scott, Moreland, Gowan, James, McCain III, Jobe, Blackwell, and Goodrich would have to come up empty.  It is possible all ten could, but not likely.

On a separate note, both Rasul Douglas and Jordan Poyer's names appeared in the best pairings by position article.

15 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I understand "safety situation" but I'm having a hard time digesting your "depth at corner" comment.

Behind the starters Slay - Bradbury - Maddox in order to get to a problem with "depth at corner" all ten of Vincent Jr., McPhearson, Scott, Moreland, Gowan, James, McCain III, Jobe, Blackwell, and Goodrich would have to come up empty.  It is possible all ten could, but not likely.

On a separate note, both Rasul Douglas and Jordan Poyer's names appeared in the best pairings by position article.

They could all easily be just ten guys is my point. A few were on a team who's secondary needed help and didn't make the field is my thought process. 

I'm honestly not shocked about rasul doing well in a different scheme

20 minutes ago, mattwill said:

That's a lot of names.  We'll see if there is much talent there.  If someone gives you 10 scratch-off tickets, what are the odds that you'll become a millionaire?  

BTW... it doesn't do the Eagles much good that Douglas and Poyer are having good careers elsewhere.  It sort of sucks for us.  That falls under the 'organizational failure' mantle for me.  

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

LOL

I once tried to get a kid to trade me his entire lunch for a bag of Doritos.  

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Did I say something wrong there? 

I'm on record with all my doubts at QB, but if I'm wrong, I'll admit it 

As will I, but I can be honest about the state of the team and it’s players, and point out faults.

1 minute ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Cookus or Hurts?

You have to say Hurts. However I’d love to see them get Cookus into camp and give him a look. Dude is a gamer. 

Oh never mind, Cookus looks like he just shredded his knee. 

Yeah good game, too bad the Stars couldn’t pull it off. 

I’m hoping the league survives the offseason and is back again in the spring. 

I would have liked to see how wild Philly would get for a stars parade.

Archived