EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

Should Hurts worry now?

Now?? He should’ve been worried from the moment he was drafted by the team that drafted him. Not trying to be cute , but I’m 31 and I’m finally realizing no matter who it is, they’ll be under constant scrutiny. I witnessed the tail end of it with McNabb, saw it with everyone thereafter. Philadelphia wants Peyton Brady but unfortunately I don’t think the city has the devotion/patience it takes to develop such a prospect. We take players like Brian Dawkins and Jordan Mailata and stay loyal to them because they’re dominant until Father Time catches up. Lol I’m starting to think Shawn/Brandon/Lanes anxiety issues may be connected. Maybe Philadelphia and the majority of the people there are awful, just a thought, I live in Syracuse NY and we suck too. Maybe not as negative as Philadelphia but we suck. rant over

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, never read an actual NFL contract before.

41 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I'm puzzled by this amount of FO turnover. It's not like Howie needs to consolidate power, he already has it.

Could Lurie's son be the one behind it? His role has been growing over the years.

It's very strange and not sure if it's a good or bad thing or doesn't make a difference.   Clearly they aren't all leaving on their own terms either.  Has to be more to this.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Embiid is a go tonight.

B21FF2DE-6B9C-444E-8A16-40F1778CF929.thumb.jpeg.dc6d59158bbbfca2c4a87a2a37336e49.jpeg

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

B21FF2DE-6B9C-444E-8A16-40F1778CF929.thumb.jpeg.dc6d59158bbbfca2c4a87a2a37336e49.jpeg

If he isn't introduced like this then the Sixers game day crew needs to be replaced

Nba All Star Game Weekend GIF - Shaq Dancing Jabbawockeez - Discover &  Share GIFs

Torn thumb ligament, concussion, orbital fracture...and Joel is playing. Philly needs to do everything they can to keep this man. He's the MVP.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Wow, I have never seen this play before, love the effort.

Well he was a LB at BYU before being switched full time to RB so...

12 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Bearded butchers (Youtube) have some interesting stuff on venison.  

In general they have good stuff all around!

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Ok, who are everyone's top 3 best shots to make the team. For me:

Reed Blankenship

Noah Elliss (bye Marlon)

Carson Strong

Replace Blankenship with Jobe for me.

We don't have another DT like Davis on the roster really so if you want to keep that role consistent we need a backup. Strong we have to keep otherwise he'll get poached I would assume.

I like Goodrich, Blankenship, Fayad, Covey and Brooks well enough too. But force me to pick I think Jobe is the best remaining. 

the WFC is loud!  Pity our season ended with Doc keeping Embiid on the court when he should have been showering already.

3 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

the WFC is loud!  Pity our season ended with Doc keeping Embiid on the court when he should have been showering already.

Season is not over. Take care of home court, series is tied 2-2. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Season is not over. Take care of home court, series is tied 2-2. 

Embiid is understandably playing a little timid.

36 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

In general they have good stuff all around!

Yup.  

28 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Yup.  It would be one thing if Embiid was 100% healthy during that game.  But, he was already dealing with a painful thumb injury.  Stoopid!

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I'm puzzled by this amount of FO turnover. It's not like Howie needs to consolidate power, he already has it.

Could Lurie's son be the one behind it? His role has been growing over the years.

Scouting turnover is normal post draft

10 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Davis looks really slim there 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Davis looks really slim there 

He has an enormous noggin

dude is just a mountain

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

He has an enormous noggin

dude is just a mountain

I want Mailata and Davis to represent the Birds at every opening coin toss. The first "yeah, it's gonna get real" moment for the other team :-)

10 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

I want Mailata and Davis to represent the Birds at every opening coin toss. The first "yeah, it's gonna get real" moment for the other team :-)

and I want Covey and Scott with them so it looks like two gigantic dads walking out with their little boys. 

So I said earlier, even I cant imagine the eagles have enough cap room to sign Bradbury if he is released.

What realistic moves are left to free up some money?

For one, there could be a potential Slay extension. What else?

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

So I said earlier, even I cant imagine the eagles have enough cap room to sign Bradbury if he is released.

What realistic moves are left to free up some money?

For one, there could be a potential Slay extension. What else?

Hargrave?

Off topic: What the F happened to tennis balls?

I got a can of balls today. It is the first time I bought tennis balls in probably like 20 years. I was so excited to open the can of balls when my boys got home from school. Nothing like the smell of a freshly opened can of tennis balls. So the long awaited moment arrives. I tell them come close, Im going to pull this tab and there will be a rush of air. Its a little stinky, yet such a satisfying smell. Get ready to sniff.

I pop the tab. Air comes rushing out and my older son gets a huge whiff right then. Hes disgusted. I said I know it stinks a little, but its still such a good smell!

I put my nose in the can and take a sniff, it smells like chemicals. Like glue or nail polish remover, or something along those lines. Absolutely not anything like the smell I remember. Not only was I extremely disappointed. But I was also a little concerned I just made my 8 year old son huff some kind of chemical fumes. WTF happened to tennis balls?

Archived