EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

seriously though I wonder if Wilson is doing something different and I can go get the good old smell from a can on dunlop balls. I dont know. So Im hesitant to go do it again just in case its a similar unpleasant experience.

Dude, a little off topic but we've all gone back...

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Next_Up said:

Dude, a little off topic but we've all gone back...

You know that smell Im talking about right?

I got my son that little game of round velcro hand things, and a tennis ball. I figured it was going to help him learn how to position his glove in baseball and help that become more natural. But the ball that comes with that game is unnecessarily hard and both of my kids have gotten bloody noses from it and I literally just lob it because we actually play that in the house. 

So I figured Id pick up some tennis balls. Theyre a little softer. And then I remembered that smell. I wanted my kids to experience that. Next thing you know, Im worried if my older guy is going to pass out or if he has a headache now. lol. Nothing like it used to be. 

If anyone here plays tennis and knows what kind of balls to buy to get that smell, Id go get some tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Just saying: I’m tracking the folks who have said the Sixers are done. I know who you are and I will call you out if I feel like it. One such said it in the Raptors series and another in this series. I probably won’t but the negativity is both puerile and annoying.

They’re done

4 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Kennedy Brooks, Jobe and Goodrich.  Strong will make it too obviously. 

I feel Blankenship has a much easier path to the roster compared to the 2nd best CB of Goodrich/Jobe. 

2 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Replace Blankenship with Jobe for me.

We don't have another DT like Davis on the roster really so if you want to keep that role consistent we need a backup. Strong we have to keep otherwise he'll get poached I would assume.

I like Goodrich, Blankenship, Fayad, Covey and Brooks well enough too. But force me to pick I think Jobe is the best remaining. 

See above. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

seriously though I wonder if Wilson is doing something different and I can go get the good old smell from a can on dunlop balls. I dont know. So Im hesitant to go do it again just in case its a similar unpleasant experience.

I understand your hesitancy. I know to grab that 2nd canister of tennis balls would require you to pick up a ton of aluminum cans to afford it. Thankfully in Hazleton they just line the sides of the roads with Natty Ice and Schlitz cans. 

4 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

They’re done

Well the sixers ruined Mother’s Day back in 2019. And then fathers day in 2021. So maybe the third time is a charm and they win on Mother’s Day this Sunday. 

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

They’re done

Gotcha. Add you to my list. Appreciate volunteers.

36 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Embarrassing mismanagement... again.

Great names, too.  

505672.jpg

23 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Just saying: I’m tracking the folks who have said the Sixers are done. I know who you are and I will call you out if I feel like it. One such said it in the Raptors series and another in this series. I probably won’t but the negativity is both puerile and annoying.

I said they were done Wednesday so I'll gladly eat crow if they survive. I didn't expect Embiid back tonight, and if he didn't play I think the Sixers are down 0-3. Down 0-3 would be insurmountable.

Negativity is one thing, betting against all-time odds is a different kind of crazy. 

4 minutes ago, justrelax said:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Westbrook#36 said:

I said they were done Wednesday so I'll gladly eat crow if they survive. I didn't expect Embiid back tonight, and if he didn't play I think the Sixers are down 0-3. Down 0-3 would be insurmountable.

Honestly winning 4 out of potentially 5 games against Miami is an uphill battle. The odds aren’t in the sixers favor even after tonight. I’m curious to see the adjustments spolestra comes out with. Glenn is going to also have to adjust which has been his issue dating back to his clipper days  

embiid played solid and good considering he was coming off a concussion, thumb injury and orbital fracture and playing with A mask for the first time in years. Harden kind of disappeared in the second half. Harris didn’t shoot well. Maxey stepped up second half. We are going to need more of maxey in game 4 throughout the game. I suspect embiid is better game 4. Harden is a wild card cause it seems like he plays well for 1-2 quarters and then disappears for the other 1-2 quarters. Harris just needs to shoot better. I don’t think the sixers can rely on green hitting 7 3s in game 4 so guys need to be better. I don’t mention the bench cause i frankly think it’s one of the worse bench units of any playoff team due to past mistakes. 

If they win game 4 they just need to steal one game on the road. If they lose game four i have a tough time seeing them win 3 in a row vs. Miami and 2 games in Miami. 

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Why does Davis remind me of the dog from Sesame Street?

image.jpeg.58678b0f38a59df6ec4e8c3f9269f769.jpeg

Embiid wasn't himself tonight. Understandably given his injuries, but just having him on the court was a difference maker. Green hitting on 3's was telling...whole team had more energy IMO.

Class.

I can't wait to see a picture of Mailata and Davis standing next to each other at practice.  Not even sure who is going to look bigger in that picture.  

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I feel Blankenship has a much easier path to the roster compared to the 2nd best CB of Goodrich/Jobe. 

See above. 

I understand your hesitancy. I know to grab that 2nd canister of tennis balls would require you to pick up a ton of aluminum cans to afford it. Thankfully in Hazleton they just line the sides of the roads with Natty Ice and Schlitz cans. 

You don't know hazleton at all. It would be Corona bottles. 

Just now, Westbrook#36 said:

Embiid wasn't himself tonight. Understandably given his injuries, but just having him on the court was a difference maker. Green hitting on 3's was telling...whole team had more energy IMO.

They played with urgency and energy. It comes and goes with the sixers this year. There’s times where there’s no urgency or energy. It’s why they lost some games they had no business losing down the stretch. It was also why they lost game 4 and 5 vs. Toronto. The thing that’s super irritating to me is if the sixers played with urgency and energy in either game 4 or 5 vs. Toronto then you wouldve beaten Toronto like you did in game 6 and don’t put yourself in a position to get embiid hurt in a game 6. Siakam is the most to blame for the reckless basketball move. And then doc for not removing him from the game. But the sixers themselves can put some blame on themselves having to go to a game 6. And it wasn’t like Toronto was playing super well in either of those games. It was more lack of urgency and energy by the sixers 

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Class.

Apparently Donovan mitchell was in the house too. I’m curious as to why he was in Philadelphia. 

19 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I think on Friday night during the draft when the news came out embiid had a concussion and a broken face,  everyone said they were done. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think on Friday night during the draft when the news came out embiid had a concussion and a broken face,  everyone said they were done. 

Blog

Sixers without Embiid are going absolutely nowhere besides home. Not sure how that’s a negative statement.

Play the Song

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I think any man that owns a pitbull is a ****.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sixers without Embiid are going absolutely nowhere besides home. Not sure how that’s a negative statement.

Imo the top 5 teams in the league are suns, warriors, Celtics, bucks (with middleton healthy) and grizzlies. I’m not  sure the sixers could beat the first 4 in a series if everyone is healthy. Grizzlies i think is a toss up. I actually think the sixers can beat Miami if embiid plays. The issue becomes you have to beat Miami 4 of 5 games whereas Miami just needs two more due to the sixers inability to put the raptors away in game 4 and 5. 

my belief has always been since that James Harden trade that the Sixers best opportunity to win an NBA championship is likely next year because they can build the bench up  and get some more athleticism around harden, embiid, Maxey which they need. 

Archived