EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Off topic: What the F happened to tennis balls?

I got a can of balls today. It is the first time I bought tennis balls in probably like 20 years. I was so excited to open the can of balls when my boys got home from school. Nothing like the smell of a freshly opened can of tennis balls. So the long awaited moment arrives. I tell them come close, Im going to pull this tab and there will be a rush of air. Its a little stinky, yet such a satisfying smell. Get ready to sniff.

I pop the tab. Air comes rushing out and my older son gets a huge whiff right then. Hes disgusted. I said I know it stinks a little, but its still such a good smell!

I put my nose in the can and take a sniff, it smells like chemicals. Like glue or nail polish remover, or something along those lines. Absolutely not anything like the smell I remember. Not only was I extremely disappointed. But I was also a little concerned I just made my 8 year old son huff some kind of chemical fumes. WTF happened to tennis balls?

Good to see you shared your kids first experience getting high with him 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

Replace Blankenship with Jobe for me.

We don't have another DT like Davis on the roster really so if you want to keep that role consistent we need a backup. Strong we have to keep otherwise he'll get poached I would assume.

I like Goodrich, Blankenship, Fayad, Covey and Brooks well enough too. But force me to pick I think Jobe is the best remaining. 

Ellis is around 345 pounds at 6'4" so while he's not as long as Davis, Ellis is a big guy and I imagine he'll have a pretty good shot at making the roster as a back up NT as he's the only other  DL with the kind of size to play NT.

We'll see.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

What else you gonna do on a friday in Hazleton?

Just now, downundermike said:

seriously though I wonder if Wilson is doing something different and I can go get the good old smell from a can on dunlop balls. I dont know. So Im hesitant to go do it again just in case its a similar unpleasant experience.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

So I said earlier, even I cant imagine the eagles have enough cap room to sign Bradbury if he is released.

What realistic moves are left to free up some money?

For one, there could be a potential Slay extension. What else?

Didn't they already extend Slay?

Plus, the cap can be manipulated. They can get creative and put more of the money from a potential Bradberry deal in the future.

Just now, schuy7 said:

Didn't they already extend Slay?

Plus, the cap can be manipulated. They can get creative and put more of the money from a potential Bradberry deal in the future.

I dont recall a Slay extension.

Im sure they can, and will put a bunch of void years and such in a Bradbury deal, and convertible bonuses to free up money in the future, but Id imagine they need at least like...somewhere around 10-12 million free now too. Id expect him to be pretty highly paid even on base salary. Not just a lot of fluff. 

Cant wait to see Strong in preseason. If he balls out there's gonna be some drama. What is TATE without a QB controversy?? Nothing!!

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Damn I missed the start of the game.  Did they ring the bell? 

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Off topic: What the F happened to tennis balls?

I got a can of balls today. It is the first time I bought tennis balls in probably like 20 years. I was so excited to open the can of balls when my boys got home from school. Nothing like the smell of a freshly opened can of tennis balls. So the long awaited moment arrives. I tell them come close, Im going to pull this tab and there will be a rush of air. Its a little stinky, yet such a satisfying smell. Get ready to sniff.

I pop the tab. Air comes rushing out and my older son gets a huge whiff right then. Hes disgusted. I said I know it stinks a little, but its still such a good smell!

I put my nose in the can and take a sniff, it smells like chemicals. Like glue or nail polish remover, or something along those lines. Absolutely not anything like the smell I remember. Not only was I extremely disappointed. But I was also a little concerned I just made my 8 year old son huff some kind of chemical fumes. WTF happened to tennis balls?

Yea sniffing balls usually doesn’t end well 

Guest justrelax
3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I'm puzzled by this amount of FO turnover. It's not like Howie needs to consolidate power, he already has it.

Could Lurie's son be the one behind it? His role has been growing over the years.

You’re too into conspiracy theory.

7 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

My mother in law started raising Quail about 2 years ago, she gets $9-10 each and sell them pretty quickly.  Now she has 3 incubators going at once and she also sells to game fields that have paid hunts for Quail and Pheasant. 
  I think birds get a bad rap because of Ducks and Geese, someone could eat a Snow Goose and believe all geese must taste like crap, same for a Sea Duck or Diver vs say a Mallard or another Puddler.  Green Wing Teal’s taste completely different from Blue Wing, but a Bufflehead is really gamey. 
 Pheasant, grouse, quail, chukar are all really good w/o a ton of prep, same for Canada geese which to me is similar to roast beef in flavor.    
 Snow geese and Divers are all great crab bait for my Trotline, unless I was lucky enough to ever get a Canvasback. 

I am not a fan of wild duck and goose.  Because what they eat reflects the taste (just like deer or wild turkey that in forests with oak get in the acorns.  Now domestic goose and duck are pretty damn good if cooked correctly. (Feel the same about domestic raised rabbit versus game rabbit unless you are lucky enough to get rabbit that has been in clover.) 

Bet your mother in law is feeding the pheasant and quail seed corn. If that is the case, I sure hope you are getting some birds from her. Have her send some my way.  Yum 

23 minutes ago, Damanick10 said:

Cant wait to see Strong in preseason. If he balls out there's gonna be some drama. What is TATE without a QB controversy?? Nothing!!

It will be fun to watch him throw to JJ and a bunch of no name off the street rookie FAs in the 4th quarter of preseason games.  Nothing says can't wait to see football excitement like the 4th quarter of preseason football.   

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It will be fun to watch him throw to JJ and a bunch of no name off the street rookie FAs in the 4th quarter of preseason games.  Nothing says can't wait to see football excitement like the 4th quarter of preseason football.   

For real I'll take anything at this point

The most dangerous alter-ego in Philadelphia has come out to play. We have Smiling Maxey now. This game is OVER!

100 years from now, this will be the story of how the Liberty Bell got cracked.

The two athletes who rose to absolute dominance more quickly than anyone ever in Philly sports history. Tyrese Maxey, and Carson Strong. 

2 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Jeez Doc get Embiid out of there.

Embarrassing mismanagement... again.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

The two athletes who rose to absolute dominance more quickly than anyone ever in Philly sports history. Tyrese Maxey, and Carson Strong. 

Great names, too.  

JJ was good. Wish he was on the NBC Philly crew instead of Kate. But hes definitely too big for that. 

Guest justrelax

Just saying: I’m tracking the folks who have said the Sixers are done. I know who you are and I will call you out if I feel like it. One such said it in the Raptors series and another in this series. I probably won’t but the negativity is both puerile and annoying.

Ok i love Jordan Davis already 

Archived