EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I applaud the optimism.  I couldn't see the Sixers taking 4 straight against Miami, even with a completely healthy Embiid.

Miami is good. Ready good as a team.  6ers match up well though. 6ers are bigger,  and man to man, 6ers are better.   They match up better than they did against Toronto.

4-0 is possible now because they're motivated.  The challenge is in front of them.  There barely room for a letdown game, which they typically love to have.  But now they know it's pedal to the meta time.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back on the bandwagon. If the sixers can tie the series, Embiid is only going to get better as he acclimates to playing with the mask again. They go as Embiid goes...if he keeps playing, they won't lose.

(For @justrelax the sixers are toast, no shot, donezo, finito, the end is nigh)

10 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Pitbulls are underrated. Sweet dogs on average. Same with Rottweilers. 

Problem isn't the breed so much as the idiots attracted to the breed.

All the dogs breed to fight or guard need owners that are committed to training them.

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Problem isn't the breed so much as the idiots attracted to the breed.

All the dogs breed to fight or guard need owners that are committed to training them.

Holy **** I agree with arlington. 

Pitbulls aren't born monsters, but they're too easily made into them.

10 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I think any man that owns a pitbull is a ****.

Meh. I've had them, or been around them my entire life, they're big babies, they try hard to be lap dogs, even though they weigh 90 pounds. Sadly, people abuse and mistreat the hell out of them, but, if you're willing to get one from a reputable breeder, and put in the work, imo, you'll never have a more loyal, loving dog.

On 5/6/2022 at 5:59 PM, greend said:

Never ate a quail. And yes I forgot about catfish also very good. You can keep panfish not worth the work

No, they are excellent hence the name PANFISH. Crappie and yellow perch, even white 👍

On 5/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Armstrong is such a better QB name than Pickett.

Just imagine Strong baked up by Armstrong.

That would intimidate every defense. 

Fried might be better

Guest justrelax
11 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I think any man that owns a pitbull is a ****.

You’re wrong.

One thing with a pitbull is, you can train them to do a variety of tasks, and they'll out work you, they'll happily give you everything they have, and won't stop until you make them. They really are amazing.

11 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Pitbull_3854de_6607668.jpg

Only bad owners

1 hour ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Toronto Raptor fans Pitbulls aren't born monsters, but they're too easily made into them.

FYP

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Sounds like Carson Strong is already opening eyes. 

I hope so but honestly I wouldn't read too much into it. They directly asked Nick about him and he gave kind of a cookie cutter complement. The media is just extrapolating very little for content

8 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Sounds like Carson Strong is already opening eyes. 

Shhhh!  RTK is nervous enough already.

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I hope so but honestly I wouldn't read too much into it. They directly asked Nick about him and he gave kind of a cookie cutter complement. The media is just extrapolating very little for content

I heard it live, he talked him up.  Nick could have given a lot less of an answer.

Nothing matters (other than stone hands) between now and when the pads go on.

Over the years, I've learned to ignore all the fluff stories about players looking great in mini-camp, adding 10 lbs of muscle (PInkston did it so often they were going to move him to TE), etc.

Come August, when the pads go on, they'll separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Until then, it's just smoke and mirrors.

I hope he gets the Wentz-esque passes/tendencies out of his system this season, because the talents and measurables are there.

Aside from the age factor, the biggest thing that gives me caution with Levis is that his game is a lot of dink and dunk. For a guy with a good arm, they sure don't let him use it much.

25 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Nothing matters (other than stone hands) between now and when the pads go on.

Over the years, I've learned to ignore all the fluff stories about players looking great in mini-camp, adding 10 lbs of muscle (PInkston did it so often they were going to move him to TE), etc.

Come August, when the pads go on, they'll separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Until then, it's just smoke and mirrors.

Great point, however, when the going gets tough, the tough also get going.  

47 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Shhhh!  RTK is nervous enough already.

He should be. 

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Aside from the age factor, the biggest thing that gives me caution with Levis is that his game is a lot of dink and dunk. For a guy with a good arm, they sure don't let him use it much.

Nah QB is the exception to prospect age preferences. Most underclassmen QBs nosedive in the NFL.

Levis has tools but way too much Taysom Hill in him.  Has to learn to conserve his body.  People didn’t like when Wentz put his body in harm’s way — Levis does it a lot.

Since a good QB plays to 35 or older, age doesn't really matter, and you'd prefer a longer college track record to see how he adjusts to DC adjusting to what they see on film.

Don't underestimate dinking and dunking, most pro throws are within 20 yards of the LOS, so being accurate on "dink and dunk" passes is a positive for the NFL game.

45 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Dink and dunk can be predicated on the strengths or lack thereof of the OL and WRs as much as anything and I think that holds true for Kentucky. 

Archived