EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Maxey...

- O points in the first half.

- only 2 free throws 33.5 minutes into the game.

- 19 points over the next 14 minutes.

- tied with Green for most points in the game

He's only 21 and this is his first year starting in the playoffs.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Maxey...

- O points in the first half.

- only 2 free throws 33.5 minutes into the game.

- 19 points over the next 14 minutes.

- tied with Green for most points in the game

He's only 21 and this is his first year starting in the playoffs.

Love maxey. In the nba it’s always been really hard to win a nba title having to rely on 21 year old to play beyond his years. Frankly it is why they wanted to make the harden move so they wouldn’t put that much pressure on maxey at this age and stage of his career. He’s still very young so the fact he’s been as great as he has so fast and soon is a credit to his work ethic and Sam Cassell in helping with his development.  

11 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I think any man that owns a pitbull is a ****.

Pitbulls are underrated. Sweet dogs on average. Same with Rottweilers. 

53 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I understand your hesitancy. I know to grab that 2nd canister of tennis balls would require you to pick up a ton of aluminum cans to afford it. Thankfully in Hazleton they just line the sides of the roads with Natty Ice and Schlitz cans. 

No don't go demeaning Schlitz!  The best camping beer back in the day.  Just the "Kiss of Hops"

25 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I think any man that owns a pitbull is a ****.

I’ve been fostering and rescuing Pits for years and haven’t had a single bad experience; they are very loving and loyal dogs.

9 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

NFI PUP signing. Smart move. 

57 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Why does Davis remind me of the dog from Sesame Street?

image.jpeg.58678b0f38a59df6ec4e8c3f9269f769.jpeg

It might have something to do lwith being in the final 4 of EMB Blog racists.

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, Westbrook#36 said:

I said they were done Wednesday so I'll gladly eat crow if they survive. I didn't expect Embiid back tonight, and if he didn't play I think the Sixers are down 0-3. Down 0-3 would be insurmountable.

Negativity is one thing, betting against all-time odds is a different kind of crazy. 

Kudos for owning up.

Guest justrelax
55 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think on Friday night during the draft when the news came out embiid had a concussion and a broken face,  everyone said they were done. 

Not everyone. I didn’t.And even if they thought as much, they didn’t say as much. We in philly allegedly pride ourselves as being tough but I see us surrounded by quitters. Embiid is tougher than a bunch of you weenies. How many woe is me posts have we seen in the last few days?

When your knee jerk reaction is to give up I want no part of you. 

35 minutes ago, Know Life said:

I’ve been fostering and rescuing Pits for years and haven’t had a single bad experience; they are very loving and loyal dogs.

Bred originally as nanny dogs. Love pits. Not their fault a-holes later took advantage of their loyalty and bred them to fight.  I've had way more bad experiences with little crap dogs like Chihuahuas than pitbulls. 

4 hours ago, justrelax said:

Not everyone. I didn’t.And even if they thought as much, they didn’t say as much. We in philly allegedly pride ourselves as being tough but I see us surrounded by quitters. Embiid is tougher than a bunch of you weenies. How many woe is me posts have we seen in the last few days?

I’d gladly eat crow if the sixers are able to pull it out. However even before the embiid injury news i thought the heat would likely prevail in 7. That’s because i don’t just pick my team cause they are my team.

I looked at the fact Miami had an extra 2 days off the sixers didn’t. Spolestra is a better coach than Glenn. If this series progressed into a game 6 and 7 that shifts toward Miami who has a deeper bench and more productive bench. The sixers are playing their starters significantly more mins than the heat. I tend to think like the hawks series last year it caught up to embiid by the end and the hawks said as much. Embiid missing the first two games might actually benefit embiid as he could be fresher later in the series. that said I’m not sure how many nba teams can win 4 of 5 against Miami. That’s not just a sixers thing. I think the only teams I’d trust to be able to do that would be Phoenix and warriors. 

if you wanna talk about the raptors series. My frustrating stems from lack of urgency and energy for two games in a row and it unfortunately led to a game 6 which is hurting the sixers in this series. I’ve watched Glenn led teams with the clippers blow series just like that for a decade now. I 100% thought they could and likely would blow that series with Glenn as coach and how their body language was. Which is still an issue i see potentially happening this series. They could tie it at 2 then lack the energy and urgency. But I’ll own that raptors series  however  i do have to admit (i believe HE and i )both thought the sixers would lose that series to the raptors with how the sixers were playing entering the playoffs. I said 7 however also thought VanVleet would be healthy too 

That said i haven’t seen anyone actually quit on them. By that i mean we are here every time we have a game.  we are complaining or cheering every game. Talking about what they have to do better next game. Over in the sixers thread it’s everyone who’s discussed them all year and everyone who’s normally there. We might be a negative bunch and crack jokes about the sixers but the sixers losing their best player/top 5 player in the league with a chance to win a 2nd round matchup after all of us over there have watched nearly every game this year and sixers history at 0-2 isn’t exactly the going to be something anyone is  thrilled with. either way gotta hope it’s the first time they in the history of the sixers come back from 0-2 and they win Sunday. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d694f250c5cf9e44925f242036c7831a.jpeg

Maxey winning the game as well as the EMB racist tournament, all in one night 

Lol at Jimmy 

I couldn’t fall asleep tonight so I started listening to Devon Givens recap the game. @RememberTheKoy.  He is so uninteresting and boring that it’s like white noise to me. 

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! If you wanna push me through to the elite 8, I won’t be upset. 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

What? Adding AJ Brown makes the expectation top 6-8?  Maybe the unrealistic expectation. 

To get within the top 10 would be a more reasonable expectation. 

QBR   54+

On 5/6/2022 at 12:44 AM, CouchKing said:

Is Hurts gonna cure his happy feet / run first habits?

I am seeing predictions from talking heads that Eagles will improve and Hurt & AJ Brown is why.

That is speculation. We'll see.

I am hoping that Hurts evolves and the game slows down for him.

If he doesn't improve, not sure how long the Eagles will stick with him.

Is this being hateful? No. 

I think Minshew is ready to go. Strong is gonna need some work. Sinnett...havent seen him play. 

Hurts was horrible last year.

4 - 6 games seems fair in our situation, been there done that

On 5/5/2022 at 9:50 PM, BigEFly said:

Never barbecued venison.  Such a lean meat.  How do you add fat and keep it from drying out with a slow low heat smoking?  What part of the buc do you barbecue?  

I’ve had good success smoking a dry rubbed venison roast for a few hours in apple juice then transferring to the instant pot to finish and shred. 

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d694f250c5cf9e44925f242036c7831a.jpeg

Maxey winning the game as well as the EMB racist tournament, all in one night 

White Power Dave Chappelle GIF - White Power Power Dave Chappelle -  Discover & Share GIFs

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol at Jimmy 

Fuck Yo Couch Rick James Bitch GIF - Fuck Yo Couch Rick James Bitch Dave  Chappelle - Discover & Share GIFs

Trouble in this series was spotting the first two games to Miami.  Losing Embiid for the first two games means that the Sixers have to do against Miami what they couldn't do against the Raptors... win in 5.   As expected, Embiid's return provided a bump for the team.  But, how long can that last?  How long can Embiid remain effective depends on this thumb injury as well.  It was reported to need surgery, but was it a complete tear or only partial?  Is it healing right now, so that the rest he received helped, at least with pain management, or is it what it is and can't heal without surgery? 

The bright spot from this playoffs will be Maxey.  Who knows what his ceiling is?  

But, I just don't see how the Sixers can overcome this deficit against Miami.  The Sixers may even push it to 7 games, but overcoming the early deficit will likely prove too much.

8 hours ago, justrelax said:

I figured season over when that report came out. 

But also on the very same night I said there is reason for optimism that he would be back in game 3 and we would win the next 4 games. 

I also really thought they'd steal at least 1 game out of the 1st 2 in Miami because we beat them earlier this season with no embiid and no harden. They let me down on that one.  But the hour of winning the next 4 is still alive. 

6ers in 6.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Trouble in this series was spotting the first two games to Miami.  Losing Embiid for the first two games means that the Sixers have to do against Miami what they couldn't do against the Raptors... win in 5.   As expected, Embiid's return provided a bump for the team.  But, how long can that last?  How long can Embiid remain effective depends on this thumb injury as well.  It was reported to need surgery, but was it a complete tear or only partial?  Is it healing right now, so that the rest he received helped, at least with pain management, or is it what it is and can't heal without surgery? 

The bright spot from this playoffs will be Maxey.  Who knows what his ceiling is?  

But, I just don't see how the Sixers can overcome this deficit against Miami.  The Sixers may even push it to 7 games, but overcoming the early deficit will likely prove too much.

Thumb is a complete tear and is not healing. It will not heal without surgery. 

6ers in 6.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thumb is a complete tear and is not healing. It will not heal without surgery. 

6ers in 6.

I applaud the optimism.  I couldn't see the Sixers taking 4 straight against Miami, even with a completely healthy Embiid.   The good news, I guess, is that only 1 of the next 3 will be in Miami.

Archived