EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Weird I've seen 3 different places say 2 another 3 one was 5.

You know what's not on that list of top 10.

Nirvana 

Nirvana overrated?   Where the F am I?   
image.gif.e149556bb31d4c918c79cdece3c4e5d3.gif

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Temple of the dog is ok.

Theres a lady who has a YouTube channel called Charasmatic Voice, she's a former opera singer trained classical pianist and voice coach, she does song analysis on her channel many of the sings are suggested by her followers and are songs she's never heard 

She does a lot of heavy metal rock analysis she has a video analysis of her first time listening to temple of the dog .

I've seen some of these. Pretty interesting stuff but I always crack up how many eargasms she has for each song.

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Nirvana overrated?   Where the F am I?   

Just be thankful Mr. "Jimmy Chamberlain is the greatest rock drummer ever" hasn't chimed in.

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I got free tickets and saw John Mayer a month after Tool, that dude is one hell of a guitar player.

After Tool, my favorite show was Summer Jam 95 headlined by Naughty by Nature.

Yeah I saw John Mayer at a festival down at the shipyards back in college.  He was just breaking on to the scene.  He was insane good.  

And, yeah, nothing beats Tool.  Seen them numerous times in Dallas and Albuquerque.  Such a great show every time!

Pearl Jam was great as well, STP real good when they first came out.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Thriller, 50.2 million

Eagles greatest hits, 41.2 million

Eagles Hotel California 31.8 million

AC DC Back in Black 30.1 million ( 11 million behind #2 )

Failing to see how this proves Nirvana wasnt overrated.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I've seen some of these. Pretty interesting stuff but I always crack up how many eargasms she has for each song.

Yup, same here, first time she listened to Metallica I thought it was going to be a re creation of when Harry met Sally.

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Just correcting your facts about your favorite band.

Using a popular avenue today

Smells Like Teen Spirit has 1.5 billion views on you tube

Back in Black has 872 million views on you tube.

Nirvana was insanely popular.

6 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

And, yeah, nothing beats Tool.  Seen them numerous times in Dallas and Albuquerque.  Such a great show every time!

I have seen them twice.  At The Gorge, we got Maynard 100% on his game Maynard.

At the Spokane Arena, we got Maynard was being a pr!ck all night Maynard.  Musically it was great still, but Maynard being a D can ruin it.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think you spelled @Nivraga wrong.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

What about them was overrated? They were the kings of grunge. As musicians, the songs they wrote aren’t overly complex, but each played their instrument to perfection. As a recreational bass player, Krist’s  lines are awesome and some of the most fun to play.

Grohl obviously a super talented musician who knows how to write catchy songs.

And then there’s Kurt. A lot of the lyrics aren’t  that deep, but he could turn mundane things into great songs (Sliver is a great example). His vocal performance in the Unplugged set is second to none, and just watch the last song, where did you sleep last night. His crazy, heroin filled eyes appear to see the afterlife right at the zenith of the song, it’s haunting. There was lots of chatter of Kurt moving more towards the unplugged style of songs and moving away from the heavy grunge. Who knows where that could’ve taken him. 

Yes there’s a lot of little kids who wear the dumb yellow smiley face t shirt and have no idea who Nirvana is, but im not sure what about them could be considered overrated

37 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

You questioned their popularity before him dying. I think that's what he was getting at. 

Perfect summation, thanks friend 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

What about them was overrated? They were the kings of grunge. As musicians, the songs they wrote aren’t overly complex, but each played their instrument to perfection. As a recreational bass player, Krist’s  lines are awesome and some of the most fun to play.

And then there’s Kurt. A lot of the lyrics aren’t  that deep, but he could turn mundane things into great songs (Sliver is a great example). His vocal performance in the Unplugged set is second to none, and just watch the last song, where did you sleep last night. His crazy, heroin filled eyes appear to see the afterlife right at the zenith of the song, it’s haunting. There was lots of chatter of Kurt moving more towards the unplugged style of songs and moving away from the heavy grunge. Who knows where that could’ve taken him. 

Yes there’s a lot of little kids who wear the dumb yellow smiley face t shirt and have no idea who Nirvana is, but im not sure what about them could be considered overrated

Just now, downundermike said:

Bowie said after he saw it that it was Kurt’s song now, they did it so well

Just now, downundermike said:

Ive heard multiple times from other sources in the know that ac/DC has the second highest selling album world wide, maybe that changed since I last heard it or maybe I'm mistaken. 

I'm currently being a good little **** making my fam dinner, I'll look it up when I have time.nkt that I don't trust what you've posted but like I said 5inutes ago I looked it up and 3 different sites had ac/DC in 3 seperate places.

As for Nirvana never said they weren't aren't wildly popular, said they're overrated.

I think it's the Jerome Brown effect.

People are positive he would have been a HOF DT because he was in that pace before he died  so people treat him as if he is and tend to overrated him.

Same with Nirvana.

Were they great? Sure we're they best thing since sliced bread, in my opinion nope.

13 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Don't mind the very buzzed guy filming

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I like this discussion. It gives some context to who posts and the generations on this board. I will say that it was really cool to wait for the next Zeppelin, Who, Stones, etc. albums to come out. These were big vinyl events and what the "kids" all talked about.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Take your takes to a local elementary school and learn to spell.

Do we want him near a school?

3 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

I like this discussion. It gives some context to who posts and the generations on this board. I will say that it was really cool to wait for the next Zeppelin, Who, Stones, etc. albums to come out. These were big vinyl events and what the "kids" all talked about.

Now we can talk about over rated.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Now we can talk about over rated.

Oh no. Not overrated at all. Zeppelin dominate as well

5 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Growing up was all about 90s punk for me. Nofx, rancid, pennywise etc. When I got into my 20s, Neil young and classic rock kinda took over, then in my 30s, Tom Waits became my favorite artist of them all. I have a very weird taste in music I’d say

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

It's an opinion dude 

I don't like the song where did you sleep last night nor am I enthralled with a musicians ability to look like he's in heroine while performing because most likely most are.

Lots of great musicians out there, rush is probably the most musically talented band ever assembled, but they're just meh to alot including me 

Led zeppelin wildly popular wildly talented yet not my favorite but id say at least they earned that title by coming out with more than one big album then dying.

If you want to get into all the specifics and technicalities about music I'm not your guy, I couldn't tell you the difference between a b flat or an a flat or even what the heck they are.

That's what's great about music though is you don't have to be a pro to listen to it or appreciate it.

I think nirvana is overrated be ause I think too many people who like  you said know Jack about them but elevate them as rock gods or know them a d elevate them as rock gods 

They didn't last enough to be called  Rock gods, but yeah they were really good and I enjoy alot of their songs. 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Growing up was all about 90s punk for me. Nofx, rancid, pennywise etc. When I got into my 20s, Neil young and classic rock kinda took over, then in my 30s, Tom Waits became my favorite artist of them all. I have a very weird taste in music I’d say

90's for me was mostly the golden age of Hip Hop, Grunge and Rock.

But I have always been a 70's rock guy.  I would sell my soul to sing like Brad Delp.  Can listed to Boston, Rush and The Who all day.

7 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Do you think our RBs would qualify as good pass catchers? 

From the reports I've seen, Sanders and now Gainwell have struggled in catching. Sanders has certainly regressed big time in the pass game since his rookie year. And I don't think much of Scott as a receiver, but to be honest that's just a gut feeling more than anything. 

Gainwell's strength is what he can do in the passing game. If that diminishes, he doesn't bring much to the table. I wouldn't even want him. 

Archived