EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

I just completed a Zoom training session from our HR Department on job searches. It was all I could do to not flash an upside down OK sign. I blame you guys.

And then you could say, "Made you look".

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good name.

We were pet free for a while after my daughter moved out and we had not kids at home, but my wife wanted a hairless cat, funny looking thing.

But I got to pick the name, Gatti, my favorite fighter all time.

World Boxing Council on Twitter: "Arturo Gatti left us great boxing  memories! What is the best memory you have of "Thunder"?  https://t.co/C9WW0Yza70" / Twitter

Real life Rocky!! Epic fights with Mickey Ward. If you haven’t seen documentary of there 3 fights I suggest finding it. You won’t be disappointed.

Howie needs to extend some Eagles players rather than focus on a huge cost FA next year.  

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And then you could say, "Made you look".

It's no good on zoom because you can't hit them when they look 

Also for it to be legit it has to be below your waist when they look and most the time in zoom ones waist isn't on screen, unless it's a different kind of zoom meeting...😳

6 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Real life Rocky!! Epic fights with Mickey Ward. If you haven’t seen documentary of there 3 fights I suggest finding it. You won’t be disappointed.

I have all 3 fights on DVD, and have watched the doc 4 or 5 times.

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

I saw those fights. Not a great deal of finesse. Just wars.

I used to love boxing but I became good friends with a couple of fighters and that completely changed my view of it. When your friend is getting hit there's no joy in it. Can't watch it anymore.

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gatti is Canadian! 

And died because of a greedy wife, unfortunately. 

54 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Eight to10 years is about it. 

I'm ashamed to say that our black lab did not like swimming. Her best friend was a Newfoundland and we'd take them to Wissahickon Creek. The Newf would swim and our lab would tiptoe along the bank.  She was a great dog, loving and funny, but she never read the Lab manual.

I have 2 4 year old Lab/Pit Bull mixes (but more Lab looking) brother and sister.....They see water/rain/ocean/pool and want NOTHING to do with it.....

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

I have 2 4 year old Lab/Pit Bull mixes (but more Lab looking) brother and sister.....They see water/rain/ocean/pool and want NOTHING to do with it.....

That's oddly comforting.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's messed up.

I coached 9th graders for 7 years and we had a couple crazy scuffles post game involving parents and coaches but damn , no one ever got shot.

Worst that ever happened to me is a white parent took his money clip out And waved it at the opposing black coach and told him to go back to the west side 😳

Not surprisingly the ref had jetted out as soon as the whistle, guess he figured he didn't get paid enough to deal with the aftermath of his crappy calls all game and the two police that were there had also decided to walk away.

Messed up for kids to have to see adults acting like jerks over a game.

Messed up beyond belief for these kids to have to witness this ☹️

45 minutes ago, Utebird said:

It's no good on zoom because you can't hit them when they look 

Also for it to be legit it has to be below your waist when they look and most the time in zoom ones waist isn't on screen, unless it's a different kind of zoom meeting...😳

Like the CNN ones?

5 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

My dog is terrified of any water.

She's not a water dog per say like a Lab but when I turn on the hose you'd think it was a flame thrower the way she runs off on terror...

If it's raining she will run outside to do her business then tear back inside.

Baths or showers are like trying to get my kids out of a candy store.

Water is my dog's nemesis.

42 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Loved those fights, Gatti would body shot Ward, and Ward’s eyes would bleed.  
 The closest I’ve seen to those fights were Hearns and Hagler.  Holyfield probably has a few as well since his head is made out of granite, but nothing like those 3 fights. 

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Loved those fights, Gatti would body shot Ward, and Ward’s eyes would bleed.  
 The closest I’ve seen to those fights were Hearns and Hagler.  Holyfield probably has a few as well since his head is made out of granite, but nothing like those 3 fights. 

Ron Lyle and George Foreman was a helluva fight.

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I wonder if Talib will be put on temporary leave until it's done

Due to his association, I don't see how he could be allowed to stay.  

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

That's a shame. I actually liked his commentating. He's pretty knowledgeable of the game

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

My bro in law was the coach in Allentown PA, and had some good stories.... 

Is Allen town a rougher area?

5 minutes ago, MF POON said:

What? There is no reason for Talib to lose his job because his brother shot someone. 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That's a shame. I actually liked his commentating. He's pretty knowledgeable of the game

I'm referring to him coaching the team.  He and his brother are/were coaches for one of the teams.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's like trying to figure out what the heck   Kurt Cobain is saying when he sings but once one figures that out  Talib seems to be pretty knowledgeable about what's going on.

Archived