EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Nirvana dominates all grunge era. It’s not even close frankly 

Overrated, not sure they'd be as popular if Kurt didnt die.

Not that I don't think nirvana was good I just like pearl jam and sound garden better.

To each their own.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, twistr said:

You must have gotten lucky as to when you saw them. I saw Scott Weiland perform at a festival in MD and he was so wasted he couldn't remember the words to the songs. It was horrible, by far the worst band of the day.

Yea. that's sad but not really surprising. It was some time in the late 90's. His drug use was well known at the time and pretty sure he did stints in rehab already, just got him on a good night I guess. 

Just now, Utebird said:

Not that I don't think nirvana was good I just like pearl jam and sound garden better.

To each their own.

Nevermind crushed any other grunge bands sales. Kurt was still alive then.

2 minutes ago, twistr said:

Love the Gorge, I have seen a few people of different genres there...for Jack Johnson, Eddie Vedder came out and sang with him, which was cool. My music tastes are eclectic, so I get out when I can.

I got free tickets and saw John Mayer a month after Tool, that dude is one hell of a guitar player.

After Tool, my favorite show was Summer Jam 95 headlined by Naughty by Nature.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

To each their own.

How about Temple of the Dog? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Deff leppard pour some sugar on me crushed other Rock bands sales doesn't mean def Leppard is the best rock band ever.

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Nirvana dominates all grunge era. It’s not even close frankly 

They had probably the best album and at their height, were probably the top band. They are just missing the longevity. I'll still watch their Unplugged concert from time to time on YouTube. Still incredible. 

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup.

Vetter I think said he was a kid had a speech impediment, if I remember correctly.

Grunge is the perfect fit😉

Kobain certain songs like teen spirit which weird al make fun of us a sing Kurt mumbles quite a bit.

Love Chris Cornell RIP, he had a really good voice for a rock/ grunge guy didn't mumble quite as much as the prior two.

Weiland, not a huge STP fan but he's got some mumblers as well.

Not a huge fan of Alice in chains either but again hes got a few mumblers as well.

Love Foo For fighters, he's not as talented a singer as say vetter and Cornell but he's not much of  mumbler in my opinion.

Vedder, it's Vedder for F's sake.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Deff leppard pour some sugar on me crushed other Rock bands sales doesn't mean def Leppard is the best Rick band ever.

You questioned their popularity before him dying. I think that's what he was getting at. 

11 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

AC/DC my favorite band by the way, has the second highest selling album ever world wide after Jackson's thriller 

Does that mean they're the 2nd best band ever???

It's all subjective.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They had probably the best album and at their height, were probably the top band. They are just missing the longevity. I'll still watch their Unplugged concert from time to time on YouTube. Still incredible. 

The Man Who Sold the World is epic...................

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

AC/DC my favorite band by the way, has the second highest selling album ever world wide after Jackson's thriller 

Does that mean their the 2nd best band ever???

It's all subjective.

#4 actually.  

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

As soon as Soundgarden released Superunknown, you could go ahead and flush everything else in the grunge genre right down the toilet -- because the rest of it was rendered junk in comparison

4 minutes ago, twistr said:

How about Temple of the Dog? :ph34r:

Temple of the dog is ok.

Theres a lady who has a YouTube channel called Charasmatic Voice, she's a former opera singer trained classical pianist and voice coach, she does song analysis on her channel many of the sings are suggested by her followers and are songs she's never heard 

She does a lot of heavy metal rock analysis she has a video analysis of her first time listening to temple of the dog .

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

As soon as Soundgarden released Superunknown, you could go ahead and flush everything else in the grunge genre right down the toilet -- because the rest of it was rendered junk in comparison

I like Badmotorfinger slightly more than Superunknown.

I’m a grunge guy. Love them all. Pearl Jam is great. But I love to throw around some AIC. Layne was f@&$cling awesome but as with greatness comes heroin. 

9 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

You questioned their popularity before him dying. I think that's what he was getting at. 

The spice girls were popular at one point what's the point?

Nirvana was wildly popular, I grew up through that madness, smells like teen spirit is an iconic song that ultimately killed big hair metal and ushered in grunge.

And I'll maintain Nirvana is still overrated 

Doesn't mean I don't like them or they weren't good I just think people act like they're the best thing since sliced bread, maybe had Kurt not died they'd be up there with sliced bread🤷‍♂️

Also of note the offspring Also one of my favorites 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Take your takes to a local elementary school and learn to spell.

I was just at my kids elementary school to pick them up, they sadly don't like my takes either☹️

Sorry you're stuck with me...

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

STP was one of my favorites. Seeing them live was really good too. 

Side topic, besides almost any type of rock being dead, it's a shame no one really does any Supergroups anymore. 

Sometimes they do in small local clubs. 

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Man Who Sold the World is epic...................

Yup. The whole thing is just amazing, especially the covers. He killed the blues twang style in Lake of Fire. And closing it all out with Where did you sleep last night still gives me the chills. 

On a different tangent, worst concert you have ever seen, whether it was the band sucked, or you had to go with / take someone else to the show ??

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

#4 actually.  

Weird I've seen 3 different places say 2 another 3 one was 5.

You know what's not on that list of top 10.

Nirvana 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Weird I've seen 3 different places say 2 another 3 one was 5.

You know what's not on that list of top 10.

Nirvana 

Thriller, 50.2 million

Eagles greatest hits, 41.2 million

Eagles Hotel California 31.8 million

AC DC Back in Black 30.1 million ( 11 million behind #2 )

Archived