EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why again should Aqib Talib be suspended because of what his brother did?  

One person meant his TV gig, the other meant his coaching gig. They aren't going to bring him back as a youth football coach after his brother killed someone in front of kids that Aqib may have been involved in. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Okay? So were a lot of people.  There's a video of the whole incident out there.  It's not like Aqib was involved. 

I agree that he shouldn't lose his job. But we also may find out more as it plays out. 

22 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

65% of his school was minority

Math

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

I hate it. Dont get me wrong, the picture is clear but it makes going back and forth to another game impossible. 

I have a bar area where I have 2 TV's and thats where I sit for Sunday games. 

But most night games I'm in the living room or bed and it's impossible to go back and forth

There's a rumor they may get in on the Sunday ticket thing next season.

17 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

54% of the "NFL fans" (unsure what the parameters are) said they had no idea that every Thursday night game would be streamed on Prime

Not shocking.  RTK had no idea the hall of fame game had been moved to Thursday night since 2017.

20 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Who is left to extend? Hargrave about all i see

Per BigEd76.  OL takes a hit, significant part of the backups, starting ILBs, 1 starting CB, most of the RBs, backup QBs although ERFAs are cheap,, starting Ss and possibly one back up, two DTs that are currently starters (not sure why Cox isn’t listed).

After 2022
Unrestricted: Ugo Amadi, James Bradberry, Deon Cain, Andre Chachere, Le'Raven Clark, Andre Dillard, T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, Brandon Graham, Javon Hargrave, Anthony Harris, Jason Kelce, Gardner Minshew II, Jimmy Moreland, Sua Opeta, Zach Pascal, Richard Rodgers, Miles Sanders, Boston Scott, Isaac Seumalo, Jaquiski Tartt, Brett Toth, Greg Ward Jr., Kyzir White
Restricted: Devon Allen (ERFA), Jack Anderson (ERFA), Tyree Jackson (ERFA), Reid Sinnett (ERFA), Noah Togiai (ERFA??), Renell Wren (ERFA)

Now I am sure I will get JAG comments to this and that they can all be replaced but that’s a lot of bodies to replace in one offseason.  Some extensions are warranted.  I have been saying all year that Howie just put a bandaid on the defense and it’s true.

23 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

The eagles had to do cuts today, right? 

looks like they just tweeted

Without an injury settlement, if unclaimed they go on IR until healed.  

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Eight to10 years is about it. 

I'm ashamed to say that our black lab did not like swimming. Her best friend was a Newfoundland and we'd take them to Wissahickon Creek. The Newf would swim and our lab would tiptoe along the bank.  She was a great dog, loving and funny, but she never read the Lab manual.

I had a Lab-Border Collie mix (or we think so, saw a bunch of dogs that looked just like him on the Border Collie rescue site, but also was a dead ringer for a Black Slate Retriever).

Smartest dog we've had, trained us in two weeks. Loved water, would jump into the creek off the dog park in 4 mile run (Arlington, VA) after a rain storm, didn't care that it was swollen, then come out pleased as punch.

However I could have killed the SOB after he went off trail in a 2 foot snowstorm to bark at something living in a hollow tree - after fifteen minutes I had to trudge through the snow and drag him out of there.

22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Eddie vetter Kurt Cobain, most grunge singers just mumble through their lyrics, probably because they were stoned or drunk or both, one of the benefits of being a lead singer in a heavy metal band is no one expects to understand any of the words and everybody  expects you to be stoned🤷‍♂️

Having said that Nirvana wasn't/isn't my fave I like sound garden more, sadly Chris Cornell another talented musician much like Cobain left us too early.

Having said that I have a difficult time understanding what Talib is saying sometimes.

Then again I'm deaf In one ear and can't hear out the other 

Probably too much heavy metal when I was a kid.🤘

Don't really agree. Vedder yes, but that's kind of just how he talks too. Cornell was a fantastic singer. Layne Stanley and Scott Weiland were also really good. Dave Grohl as well but he sang more alternative vs grunge. 

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Per BigEd76.  OL takes a hit, significant part of the backups, starting ILBs, 1 starting CB, most of the RBs, backup QBs although ERFAs are cheap,, starting Ss and possibly one back up, two DTs that are currently starters (not sure why Cox isn’t listed).

After 2022
Unrestricted: Ugo Amadi, James Bradberry, Deon Cain, Andre Chachere, Le'Raven Clark, Andre Dillard, T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, Brandon Graham, Javon Hargrave, Anthony Harris, Jason Kelce, Gardner Minshew II, Jimmy Moreland, Sua Opeta, Zach Pascal, Richard Rodgers, Miles Sanders, Boston Scott, Isaac Seumalo, Jaquiski Tartt, Brett Toth, Greg Ward Jr., Kyzir White
Restricted: Devon Allen (ERFA), Jack Anderson (ERFA), Tyree Jackson (ERFA), Reid Sinnett (ERFA), Noah Togiai (ERFA??), Renell Wren (ERFA)

Now I am sure I will get JAG comments to this and that they can all be replaced but that’s a lot of bodies to replace in one offseason.  Some extensions are warranted.  I have been saying all year that Howie just put a bandaid on the defense and it’s true.

Howie has been known to do bandaids

11 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

After 2022

Cox is technically under contract next year, but it's just structured that way so they can utilize a post June 1st designation instead of taking all the prorated money on the chin in 2023. For all intents and purposes, it's a one year deal, but technically he's not a UFA. 

12 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

After 2022

Seumalo would seem likely for RG. Forgot him

didnt really count bradberry. Whyte depends. Kelce retires. 

My best friend never really liked Pearl Jam until he saw them live in Greenville SC Sept of 98. Changed his life. 

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don't really agree. Vedder yes, but that's kind of just how he talks too. Cornell was a fantastic singer. Layne Stanley and Scott Weiland were also really good. Dave Grohl as well but he sang more alternative vs grunge. 

Never like Weiland, I would rank them

Cornell

Staley

Vedder

Grohl

Weiland

22 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I have been saying all year that Howie just put a bandaid on the defense and it’s true.

Starting defense for 2023 would ostensibly be:

DE -- Sweat, ???

DT -- Davis, Williams

LB -- Reddick, Dean (?), Taylor (?)

CB -- Slay, ???, Maddox (nickel)

S -- ???, ???

Lots of question marks even for the starting group, never mind depth.  Do Hargrave and Kyzir White play well enough to get extensions?

9 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

My best friend never really liked Pearl Jam until he saw them live in Greenville SC Sept of 98. Changed his life. 

I'm a big Pearl Jam fan as but not sure watching any concert would change my life.  My first 2 CD's ever were Ten and The Chronic by Snoop and Dre.  I think I hit peak early

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Starting defense for 2023 would ostensibly be:

DE -- Sweat, ???

DT -- Davis, Williams

LB -- Reddick, Dean (?), Taylor (?)

CB -- Slay, ???, Maddox (nickel)

S -- ???, ???

Lots of question marks even for the starting group, never mind depth.  Do Hargrave and Kyzir White play well enough to get extensions?

Yep, everyone wants to give Howie all this credit, but there are still a ton of Band-Aids and huge holes for next year and beyond.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Never like Weiland, I would rank them

Cornell

Staley

Vedder

Grohl

Weiland

STP was one of my favorites. Seeing them live was really good too. 

Side topic, besides almost any type of rock being dead, it's a shame no one really does any Supergroups anymore. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

STP was one of my favorites. Seeing them live was really good too. 

Side topic, besides almost any type of rock being dead, it's a shame no one really does any Supergroups anymore. 

You must have gotten lucky as to when you saw them. I saw Scott Weiland perform at a festival in MD and he was so wasted he couldn't remember the words to the songs. It was horrible, by far the worst band of the day.

10 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

I'm a big Pearl Jam fan as but not sure watching any concert would change my life.  

I wouldn't say life changing, but seeing Tool at The Gorge was something I will never forget.  One of the times that Maynard was on his game.  Plus, The Gorge is one of the best places for acoustics you can see a concert.

Tool - The Grudge (Live at the Gorge) - YouTube

39 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yup.

Vetter I think said he was a kid had a speech impediment, if I remember correctly.

Grunge is the perfect fit😉

Kobain certain songs like teen spirit which weird al make fun of us a sing Kurt mumbles quite a bit.

Love Chris Cornell RIP, he had a really good voice for a rock/ grunge guy didn't mumble quite as much as the prior two.

Weiland, not a huge STP fan but he's got some mumblers as well.

Not a huge fan of Alice in chains either but again hes got a few mumblers as well.

Love Foo For fighters, he's not as talented a singer as say vetter and Cornell but he's not much of  mumbler in my opinion.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I wouldn't say life changing, but seeing Tool at The Gorge was something I will never forget.  One of the times that Maynard was on his game.  Plus, The Gorge is one of the best places for acoustics you can see a concert.

Tool - The Grudge (Live at the Gorge) - YouTube

Love the Gorge, I have seen a few people of different genres there...for Jack Johnson, Eddie Vedder came out and sang with him, which was cool. My music tastes are eclectic, so I get out when I can.

Archived