EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I googled a list of 2022 free agents to see if there was anyone available Howie might sign before the season and accidentally clicked on a 2023 free agent list and skimmed it a bit. So figured I’d throw it out there. If you could only have one of these free agents in March 2023 who would it be

1. Derwin James

2. Jessie Bates

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Bradley Chubb

Gimme Chubb to play DE here. The final piece to the D-line. James is a close second, would much prefer him over Bates though I do like him. Nelson at RG makes this o-line otherworldly. Crazy to think about. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Entwhistle crushed JPJ and its not even close.  And then you have the third best rock drummer ever, Keith Moon, only behind the GOAT Neil Peart and Danny Carey.

The bolded did make me laugh though, don't hear that here in the states.

Bonham was awesome, just not on Pearts, or Moons level.   As for Carey, it’s rare to find anyone other than a crazy Tool fan to admit that Danny Carey, is the BMF of drummers, dude is a God.  He doesn’t get the credit he deserves, maybe because Justin Chancellor is the BMF of bassists, easily in that genre or any hard rock/metal since Cliff Burton. 

43 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Oh no. Not overrated at all. Zeppelin dominate as well

Listen to Robert Johnson and then listen to Zeppelin.  They made the blues heavy.

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

Gimme Chubb to play DE here. The final piece to the D-line. James is a close second, would much prefer him over Bates though I do like him. Nelson at RG makes this o-line otherworldly. Crazy to think about. 

Don’t solicit in here please 

23 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

What’s it called?

It’s on Netflix. Called untold. It’s the manti te’o one. There’s also a malice at the palace one too. 

1 minute ago, The Blackfish said:

Bonham was awesome, just not on Pearts, or Moons level.   As for Carey, it’s rare to find anyone other than a crazy Tool fan to admit that Danny Carey, is the BMF of drummers, dude is a God.  He doesn’t get the credit he deserves, maybe because Justin Chancellor is the BMF of bassists, easily in that genre or any hard rock/metal since Cliff Burton. 

Chancellor is a great bassist. (I can talk bassists for days).

I rank em, roughly:

Geddy

JPJ

Entwhistle

James Jamerson

Les Claypool

Carol Kaye

3 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

I would put Cliff Harris in my top 5 bass players

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Temple of the dog is ok.

Theres a lady who has a YouTube channel called Charasmatic Voice, she's a former opera singer trained classical pianist and voice coach, she does song analysis on her channel many of the sings are suggested by her followers and are songs she's never heard 

She does a lot of heavy metal rock analysis she has a video analysis of her first time listening to temple of the dog .

I shared some of her videos peak Covid when I was asking what channels people get sucked in to.  Have a serious crush on this woman.  Really like her Corey Taylor/Slipknot videos as well as Disturbed. 

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Fighting Words GIFs | Tenor

Excuse me, this is currently the music blog.  Come back later.

Ahhhh, Conan's old timey baseball skit was so good. 

Thanks for the cool breeze across my mustache. 

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I shared some of her videos peak Covid when I was asking what channels people get sucked in to.  Have a serious crush on this woman.  Really like her Corey Taylor/Slipknot videos as well as Disturbed. 

I'm not a fan of slip knot but yeah.

I like when she tries to death scream/growl.

Not really a fan of disturbed either, other than sounds of silence which she also covered.

I saw Pearl Jam at the Troc in 1992. It was awesome. Nirvana at the Armory in 94… was great, but not as good as that PJ show. 

45 minutes ago, downundermike said:

FYP

Do not ever mention those posers Zeppelin in the same breath as the Who.

The Stones also are better than Zeppelin.

Most Stones fans are also fond of Halley’s Comet.  A good Rolling Stones song comes around once every 75 years or so, too

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I rank em, roughly:

Geddy

JPJ

Entwhistle

James Jamerson

Les Claypool

Carol Kaye

Love me some Les Claypool. I sadly missed out on the Primus and Ween show at Red Rocks when I was in Colorado last week. Would love to see the Claypool Lennon Delirium in concert. 

15 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I did not say Nirvana was more popular after Kurt died, if I did that's not what I meant or I misspoke, I don't feel that way, like I said I was currently making dinner for my fam wrangling the neighbors dog and telling at my kids while texting my wife who was running late.

Through all that I'll maintain Nirvana is overrated.

If I said the were more popular after kurt died I mis spoke, do t have time to look back gotta feed my self now ...

I don’t think Nirvana was overrated, to me Alice In Chains was underrated and seen by some as Nirvana rip-offs.  
 For all the hair metal hate it gave us Tawney Kitaen, vs life sucks songs.   Every nudy bar has played,  "Pour some sugar on me”, or some Motley Crue, they aren’t playing a sad song from Leadbelly or Down in a Hole. 

17 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I rank em, roughly:

Geddy

JPJ

Entwhistle

James Jamerson

Les Claypool

Carol Kaye

Steve Harris ??

1 minute ago, The Blackfish said:

I don’t think Nirvana was overrated, to me Alice In Chains was underrated and seen by some as Nirvana rip-offs.  
 For all the hair metal hate it gave us Tawney Kitaen, vs life sucks songs.   Every nudy bar has played,  "Pour some sugar on me”, or some Motley Crue, they aren’t playing a sad song from Leadbelly or Down in a Hole. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Steve Harris ??

Harris also great, great use of the gallop technique. Also bonus points for not using a pick. Insane speed he could get. And good producer too. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

The mountain of Coke used for the making of that video probably rivals the mountain at the end of Scarface. 

image.gif.a693cb2f16f1fb2bac8503a278ca8063.gif

23 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I rank em, roughly:

Geddy

JPJ

Entwhistle

James Jamerson

Les Claypool

Carol Kaye

Are you a fan of John Myung? 

Just now, downundermike said:

Another band I despise

I liked them a lot more years ago. I still like some of their riffs but I just skip the first 25 mins of the songs now to get to it.

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Are you a fan of John Myung? 

Not really. Not a big prog rock guy, only Rush from that genre really. And some one offs, like Peter Gunn by ELP. I find most prog rock to be boring. 

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Travis Fulgham got cut. Again. 

I would quite honestly take him over Reagor as an upgrade at WR5.

Archived