7 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

why don't you go down to the crossroads and buy some more Taco Bell

Isn’t this a Bone Thugs song?  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hputenis said:

Isn’t this a Bone Thugs song?  

Yes, also a classic blues song, covered by everyone.

When I saw John Mayer, he does a blues set, and he shredded on crossroads.  Me and my buddy were like, WTF.

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I actually dislike Pastorius a lot. I appreciate his musicianship and his innovation, it's amazing. And his bass lines are incredibly complex and difficult. But when I listen....it just doesn't sound good (which is kind of odd considering my love of Tom Waits). 

I play a cherry red Peavey; was handed down from my uncle. I found switching to flats the greatest thing I ever did, I love the heavy thud it gives off. 

Always played rounds. Want thud, try a heavy pick like Roger Glover used on Machinehead.  

Pastorius is an acquired taste.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Saw the Bloodhound Gang at The Gorge in 95, opening act at summer jam.  This is when they thought they were the Beastie Boys.  We threw the promo cassette singles back on the stage like weapons.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/aug/18/naughty-by-nature-lives-up-to-name/?amp-content=amp

DE042EFE-64A1-43DE-B917-67046895EC2E.jpeg

That is amazing because they were definitely unknown by almost everyone back then. Jimmy Pop’s sister graduated high school with me, so I figured back then nobody knew who they were. One Fierce Beer Coaster is by far my favorite album by them. The looks I get from anyone under 30 in my car when any song from that album comes on is priceless. 

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

That is amazing because they were definitely unknown by almost everyone back then. Jimmy Pop’s sister graduated high school with me, so I figured back then nobody knew who they were. One Fierce Beer Coaster is by far my favorite album by them. The looks I get from anyone under 30 in my car when any song from that album comes on is priceless. 

It was good they dropped the wanna be Beastie Boys thing

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Always played rounds. Want thud, try a heavy pick like Roger Glover used on Machinehead

Wasn’t Glover in Deep Purple and Rainbow ??

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cue the Pillars to talk about the musical stylings of Blood Sweat and Tears.  

That is some hot garbage, but it makes them so very happy

How far afield do you wanna go? Classic Rock bands ( 70s etc) have so many great musicians, technical artists and just plain RocknRoll Monsters. Guys from Bands became studio artists, Producers stuck their noses in, things evolved.

Just like the Blog to try and rate them....:whistle: Why I love this place, put a value on peoples tastes....

The Grunge thing never took off with me, respect the effort, not my cup of tea.

I submit Walt Becker and Donald Fagen as stellar songwriters, Steely Dan was prolific. Some great styling there.

Dave Mason, "Can't Stop the Worryin", sweet progression, haunting lyrics.

Today, anybody listen to Candy Dulfer? That girl beats on a Sax like it owes her money. "Sax a Go Go". YouTube it.

For a Universal language, Music is awfully personal for so many., me included. I have my tastes and my favorites but there is so much out there to be discovered, people bangin out crap and others putting heart and soul into every bar.

ps. Try out The Vaughn Brothers. Thank me later. :smoke:

1 minute ago, Doc S. said:

I submit Walt Becker and Donald Fagen as stellar songwriters, Steely Dan was prolific. Some great styling there.

They are OK.

Elliot Randall’s solo on Reelin in the Years is epic

48 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That article is estimated sales, not verified 

Um, Gerry Lee and the GOAT Neil Peart smash them both.

Yup.

Certified unit's which I'd never heard of til now, has ac/DC at 4.

On the top 50,the  freaking backstreet boys are on the list twice and pearl jam and Kenny G are both on it once 

Led Zeppelin is on it 3 times.

Nirvana not one in the top 50

But yeah Nirvana isnt overrated😒

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

They are OK.

Elliot Randall’s solo on Reelin in the Years is epic

I have a revised version with a serious downbeat, found it online. Awesome departure from the commercial version.

Fagen was some hot stuff back then.

Randall's solo still stands the test of time.

Workin on posting it....from Alive in America...

58 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That article is estimated sales, not verified 

Um, Gerry Lee and the GOAT Neil Peart smash them both.

It's Geddy Lee FFS 😉

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Go back to discussions your rub n rug career in CVON

I think it pretty much ran its course.

Last year, 8 yrs old, after hunting Pheasant all day...yeah, that's an Eagles cap...B-)

IMG_0495.thumb.jpg.a606390a28e335837e4511b7f3b3d7ab.jpg

14 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You don't remember Danny Tartabull?

14 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’d like to know how Rico Brogna is left out of the conversation.   

14 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah, Travis Lee was clearly better.

Cody Asche gets no love either.

The best Steely Dan guitar solo is Larry Carlton’s from Kid Charlemagne; the outro is pretty damn good too.  He has done some fantastic session work, and his performance of Room 335 with Lee Ritenour is a must-listen 

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

How do you guys come up with pet names ??

Mine have all been named after athletes, or sports.

First dog, pictured with the cat above was Donovan, second dog, a little yorkie, Mia, the cat above, Shady, my great Dane, ESPeN, we fostered a St Bernard, his name was Buhner, and our current cat is named Gatti.

The only exception was a dog named Harley we took in from my wifes boss at the time.

8 hours ago, justrelax said:

The last several were presidential. We've had a James (there were six presidents named James), a Harry, a Quincy, an Abigail (wife of a president and mother of another), a Benjamin...

All four of our dogs since 2009 were rescues, so they came with their names ... Rascal, Bandit, Dazzle and Whitney.  Our rescue in 1997 (the one in my avatar) came with no name and we named her Cally after the flower Calla Lily.

2015 07 13 Bandit & Rascal on the red rocks_IMG_8458.JPG

Dazzle and Whitney and the sunflowers.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The best Steely Dan guitar solo is Larry Carlton’s from Kid Charlemagne; the outro is pretty damn good too.  He has done some fantastic session work, and his performance of Room 335 with Lee Ritenour is a must-listen 

Careful what you carry...;)

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They are not in a band, no one cares

The DoD decided to block this site...so I have a lot to catch up on for today.

Archived