EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Did he have an explanation as to why he is waiting till year 6 to show us that ??

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Did he have an explanation as to why he is waiting till year 6 to show us that ??

What year did Graham step it up?

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I typically don't get rookie jerseys, but I'm making an exception for the Man Mountain.

Keenan Allen may be the most underrated WR in the league. GREAT person to emulate. Nice to hear on Graham, as I do see his role changing this year. And LOLROFLCOPTERLMAO at Barnett. Just don't be a penalty machine, and get 8 sacks.

Looked more like the hula then Eagles wings, but they have time to improve.

I bought a Smith jersey last year. First rookie one ever

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

lol

If he smokes weed before the game does that count as a high level?

Actually I bought a Djax jersey a few games in his rookie season

3 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I think Eagles win NFCE and the wildcard but lose in divisional. If that’s the case, are we stuck with Hurts?

Same here but I have them losing in the wildcard round again

Just now, Godfather said:

Actually I bought a Djax jersey a few games in his rookie season

Same here but I have them losing in the wildcard round again

I think Jackson was the last rookie one I bought as well.

Just now, Outlaw said:

I think Jackson was the last rookie one I bought as well.

I think McCoy's 2nd year is when I purchased his. I can't remember.  It's one or the other. I've been on a binder recently and grandma hutch hasn't let me sleep

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Who cares if Hurts gets to 4,000 yards.

Eagles are one of the best running teams in the NFL, a lot of teams that put up big passing yards do so the way Reid used to, using the short pass instead of running the ball because they're so bad at it.

So I'd expect the Eagles to be in the bottom half of passing yardage, but top ten in total yardage and points scored.

13 teams with 600+ passes, only two had 7+ NY/A, 5 were less than 6 NY/A. Eagles were at 6.5 NY/A.

Other teams are "bad at running" because it's not the way to win in the NFL any more. Stop acting like we're running because we want to.

Eagles are in great company as being 1 of only 4 teams that had more rushing than passing TDs. The other 3 teams? Titans, Panthers, and Jags.

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

2023 2nd rd

I was thinking a 2 as well is where my max would be. Doubt he is available, but one can dream.

The objective is to win games, not stat pad to please message board nerds.

SF passed only 20 more times than the Eagles, Samuel 1405 yards, Kittle 910 yards, Aiyuk 826 yards. But 7.7 NY/A.

So don't look for a drastic increase in passing, rather, the focus will be on increasing the efficiency of the passing game, and one way to do that is establish the run behind a powerful OL, and then quick strikes for big yardage off play action. And a lot more screens, with the athletes they have on the OL, they should have a top screen game. Spread defenses both horizontally and vertically.

I figure they'll move toward more of a balanced offense, say 550 pass attempts, 500 rushes. They averaged 4.9 yards a rush, why would you make a drastic move away from the running game when it was so effective?

They were 7th in average length of drive, but only 2 teams (Chiefs, Chargers) were significantly higher. So they only need an incremental improvement here.

12th in points per drive, that's where you want to make the jump.

You know this damns your boy even more right?

Just now, wussbasket said:

Eagles are in great company as being 1 of only 4 teams that had more rushing than passing TDs. The other 3 teams? Titans, Panthers, and Jags.

2 out of 3 finished last in their division 

I love Jessie Bates, but the AJ Brown contract makes him too expensive to afford under our cap constraints.

This sounds like Howie did a retrospective review of scouts, looking at how they rated players in the past and identifying the scouts who did a mediocre job.

Sounds like Howie is clearing out anyone that wouldn't high 5 him at the draft

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/04/mike-hilton-everyone-wants-jessie-bates-here-nobody-upset-he-isnt/

What would you be willing to trade for Jessie Bates who would DRASTICALLY improve our secondary?

If QB was not an unknown, would trade our second in a second.  With so many teams who could be in the QB market, and 4 others having two1st round picks, we are going to need that second if we need to move up.

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

I love Jessie Bates, but the AJ Brown contract makes him too expensive to afford under our cap constraints.

Agreed. It's a pipe dream. I'm really hoping they move Kary Vincent to FS in camp and let him compete there...played some at LSU. Kid can fly and has great athleticism. I could see him succeeding in a 2-high S defense.

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

2 out of 3 finished last in their division 

And the 3rd only made the playoffs because the NFL added an additional playoff spot.

Just now, downundermike said:

If QB was not an unknown, would trade our second in a second.  With so many teams who could be in the QB market, and 4 others having two1st round picks, we are going to need that second if we need to move up.

Why we moving up next year? Gonna draft Strong's backup in R1? :huh:

Just now, Outlaw said:

Why we moving up next year? Gonna draft Strong's backup in R1? :huh:

That is part of the unknown.  If we knew know that Strong was the answer, I would trade a 2.  

So why is there FO shuffling if this is considered one of our best drafts?

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is part of the unknown.  If we knew know that Strong was the answer, I would trade a 2.  

I have my eye on 4 guys for next year...VanDyke, McKee, Jurkovec and Levis. Dark horse...Anthony Richardson. I honestly would not be interested in Young or Stroud, having to move up to the top 3 most likely.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

So why is there FO shuffling if this is considered one of our best drafts?

Because Andy Weidl is most likely leaving for Pitt. A lot of front offices change after the draft, as teams don't want to shuffle around while they're deep in the scouting process for the current year's draft.

Archived