EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think he graded put as our best safety last year. 

That doesn't say much for having the worst S core in the league probably 

Who broke down first and bought a Brown jersey?  :ph34r:

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Add White/Dean over Singleton/Edwards to the areas of improvement.

From a scheme perspective, I hope to see more chaos and disruption from that group.  I think Gannon was limited by the talent available at linebacker last season.

Very true. That LB group is such a massive upgrade I'm so excited to see what they can do. Especially with Davis eating up linemen in front of them. Even without developing a pass rush the guy should at least be a LB's best friend

20 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Add White/Dean over Singleton/Edwards to the areas of improvement.

From a scheme perspective, I hope to see more chaos and disruption from that group.  I think Gannon was limited by the talent available at linebacker last season.

Looking forward to Edwards taking another step forward

Epps is a good athlete, who has gotten more experience. It's not unrealistic that he performs well.

36 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

True or false: we are 1 high end DB and improved QB play away from Superbowl contenders. 

True 

So glad the Eagles didn’t get picked for an international game lol who wants to watch football at 9:30am 

1 minute ago, St0nedsk8er said:

So glad the Eagles didn’t get picked for an international game lol who wants to watch football at 9:30am 

Who the hell wants to wait until 1PM EST.

I live on the West Coast, and I hate waiting until 10am

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

True 

The bearish to bullish shift on this team is unprecedented. A month ago people here were saying this team was 3-4 years away and going 6-11 this year.

2 minutes ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Me. I usually start my drinking by then on Sundays,  after my college football binge on Saturday's 

1 minute ago, St0nedsk8er said:

It’s 6:30 am on the west coast. At this point might as well just keep drinking til 5am make breakfast then watch football all day Sunday. 

58 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The objective is to win games, not stat pad to please message board nerds.

SF passed only 20 more times than the Eagles, Samuel 1405 yards, Kittle 910 yards, Aiyuk 826 yards. But 7.7 NY/A.

So don't look for a drastic increase in passing, rather, the focus will be on increasing the efficiency of the passing game, and one way to do that is establish the run behind a powerful OL, and then quick strikes for big yardage off play action. And a lot more screens, with the athletes they have on the OL, they should have a top screen game. Spread defenses both horizontally and vertically.

I figure they'll move toward more of a balanced offense, say 550 pass attempts, 500 rushes. They averaged 4.9 yards a rush, why would you make a drastic move away from the running game when it was so effective?

They were 7th in average length of drive, but only 2 teams (Chiefs, Chargers) were significantly higher. So they only need an incremental improvement here.

12th in points per drive, that's where you want to make the jump.

Here it comes boys!

Batten down the hatches!

image.png.b7439fdfadf71744fe58b4020c63c770.png

12 minutes ago, Infam said:

"Hey, I think a good part of them asking for my opinion is: Hey, we’re drafting your replacement here, are you ok with it? Let’s be honest about it.” - Kelce

Just watching it. Damn, I’ll miss him. Happy we get one more year.

I'll be crying legit man tears at his retirement speech and...his HOF speech.

11 minutes ago, Godfather said:

That doesn't say much for having the worst S core in the league probably 

Who broke down first and bought a Brown jersey?  :ph34r:

I'll be first in line for Davis...I don't own any white jerseys (I own more but as far as ones I wear: Kelly-Randall, Silver-Dawk, Midnight-Kelce and Westbrook, Black-Foles), so I'm gonna get a white one.

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Looking forward to Edwards taking another step forward

I think coming off the bench and spelling Dean will do wonders for him.

6 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Here it comes boys!

Batten down the hatches!

image.png.b7439fdfadf71744fe58b4020c63c770.png

And of course @austinfan will not reply to my posts that 100% prove him wrong.

12 minutes ago, RLC said:

Epps is a good athlete, who has gotten more experience. It's not unrealistic that he performs well.

I'm guilty of holding his rookie year performance (especially the playoff game) against him way more than I should. He was arguably the Eagles' best safety in 2021.

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'll be crying legit man tears at his retirement speech and...his HOF speech.

I'll be first in line for Davis...I don't own any white jerseys (I own more but as far as ones I wear: Kelly-Randall, Silver-Dawk, Midnight-Kelce and Westbrook, Black-Foles), so I'm gonna get a white one.

I think coming off the bench and spelling Dean will do wonders for him.

It might be awhile before you get the Davis jersey. They'll be on backorder once they make one that fits him. I'm getting a Brown one... probably white. I only have Dawk and Reggie in white. 

Agreed

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

2 great wrs to learn from

1 minute ago, KDUB1510 said:

😎

They need to work on their flying motion

Didn’t think it was possible, but the way Graham spoke about Barnett, and how he didn’t want to leave like this and how he would help him..

I got a glimmer of hope back for Barnett. Even though I know it won’t take long until his penalties will annoy me like crazy again..

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

They need to work on their flying motion

LMFAO yea that was terrible

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Kurt Warner not a fan of Tannehill's comments.  I agree with hiim.

Frankly I don't give a crap 

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Didn’t think it was possible, but the way Graham spoke about Barnett, and how he didn’t want to leave like this and how he would help him..

I got a glimmer of hope back for Barnett. Even though I know it won’t take long until his penalties will annoy me like crazy again..

Clean up the penalties and I'll be happy

10 minutes ago, Godfather said:

It might be awhile before you get the Davis jersey. They'll be on backorder once they make one that fits him. I'm getting a Brown one... probably white. I only have Dawk and Reggie in white. 

Agreed

I typically don't get rookie jerseys, but I'm making an exception for the Man Mountain.

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

lol

Keenan Allen may be the most underrated WR in the league. GREAT person to emulate. Nice to hear on Graham, as I do see his role changing this year. And LOLROFLCOPTERLMAO at Barnett. Just don't be a penalty machine, and get 8 sacks.

5 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

😎

Looked more like the hula then Eagles wings, but they have time to improve.

I think Eagles win NFCE and the wildcard but lose in divisional. If that’s the case, are we stuck with Hurts?

Archived