EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

This is false. There were plenty of professional evaluators - JT O'Sullivan and Greg Cosell to name two - who saw significant progress in Hurts' game throughout last season. You simply chose not to listen to experts and relied on your own analysis.

I tried to tell you, over and over again, that what you and many others here were saying about Hurts was far different than what professional evaluators were saying about Hurts, but you chose not to listen. You think Hurts suddenly transformed his game overnight, but that's not what happened. It's what you think happened, because you had your head up your bumhole. But those of us who kept an open mind knew that Hurts taking a pretty big step forward this season wasn't going to take some miracle to happen. 

Yeah, Hurts definitely was getting better and better, which many in here wouldn’t acknowledge, but that was incremental progress. What he’s done the past two weeks was make a large leap. I don’t think anyone could argue against that — even his biggest detractors. 

Just now, Infam said:

Saying ‚all these bets people were placing‘ comes pretty damn close.

That could go a variety of ways. If I thought you were full of ish I would've called you a liar like @4for4EaglesNest did. I was simply saying it's crazy all the bets the Eagles are getting after 3 games. I don't bet until mid-season when teams really show who they are. Eagles started 3-0 in 2016 and we all saw how that ended

6 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Some really bad play-calling on short yardage and at the end of the first half. I attribute a lot of it to Dickerson's condition. He had a terrible game and I'm sure it was because of his foot injury. They should have had Opeta in much earlier, not that he played well.

Opeta wasn’t good … at all.

41 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The Eagles are much better than the Jags and should win next week, but I think it will be a game that is less pretty and will require 4 quarters of grinding to do it.

I think this upcoming game has 'let down game' potential.  It snagged the Chiefs this week.  It nabbed the Chargers.   It could strike the Eagles.   

We'll find out if this team is smelling itself this week.

9 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Putting aside that we ended up acquiring AJ Brown, but we dodged a bullet on Allen Robinson. He looks completely washed so far in LA. 

It's more "AJ Brown vs. Allen Robinson, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, 10M in cap space per year over 3 years". 

I would still take AJ, but it's not as big of a slam dunk. 

47 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Tampa looks bad. Even with those 2 in the game they don't look all that. Their games against Dallas and NO weren't impressive offensively. That oline isn't going to help Brady make it through the year

I agree but for whatever reason I just don’t like the matchup. Brady will get rid of the ball quick, not hold onto it forever like Wentz or just fire up prayers like Cousins. 

Just now, Godfather said:

That could go a variety of ways. If I thought you were full of ish I would've called you a liar like @4for4EaglesNest did. I was simply saying it's crazy all the bets the Eagles are getting after 3 games. I don't bet until mid-season when teams really show who they are. Eagles started 3-0 in 2016 and we all saw how that ended

My apologies then, I took it like you were saying it wasn‘t true.

I thought this is a strong team on a weak schedule and waiting would not be a good idea. Might still go different but it‘s not like I bet a fortune either.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

It's more "AJ Brown vs. Allen Robinson, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, 10M in cap space per year over 3 years". 

I think it's a between the legs slam dunk

9 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Some really bad play-calling on short yardage and at the end of the first half. I attribute a lot of it to Dickerson's condition. He had a terrible game and I'm sure it was because of his foot injury. They should have had Opeta in much earlier, not that he played well.

Bad play calls and time management.   That inside RO on 3rd down was a brutal call at that moment in the half, with no timeouts left.   It ended well, but that's the kind of decision by the coaching staff that can burn a team against better competition.   Also, the play call on 4th and 1 earlier in the quarter was a major head scratcher.  Not executed particularly well, but why go to Pascal as a runner in that spot?  If it were Brown, it would make more sense to me... but Pascal hasn't ever been known as a YAC guy, at least not to my knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think this upcoming game has 'let down game' potential.  It snagged the Chiefs this week.  It nabbed the Chargers.   It could strike the Eagles.   

We'll find out if this team is smelling itself this week.

For sure. But I felt the same way about Washington too to be honest.

That the Jags beat the Chargers actually makes me feel better about our chances.

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yes, it is. 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I agree but for whatever reason I just don’t like the matchup. Brady will get rid of the ball quick, not hold onto it forever like Wentz or just fire up prayers like Cousins. 

If the Eagles dline shows up like they did this past Sunday or even half of that, Tampa's oline is in for a long day. Even of Brady gets rid of the ball quick I don't think he'll have the time to set up the deep shots downfield. He hasn't looked that good either

29 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Bad play calls and time management.   That inside RO on 3rd down was a brutal call at that moment in the half, with no timeouts left.   It ended well, but that's the kind of decision by the coaching staff that can burn a team against better competition.   Also, the play call on 4th and 1 earlier in the quarter was a major head scratcher.  Not executed particularly well, but why go to Pascal as a runner in that spot?  If it were Brown, it would make more sense to me... but Pascal hasn't ever been known as a YAC guy, at least not to my knowledge.

The safety called for Goedert on a bad leg to somehow get inside Daron Payne and wall him off. 

Lots of bad situational calls. 

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

My apologies then, I took it like you were saying it wasn‘t true.

I thought this is a strong team on a weak schedule and waiting would not be a good idea. Might still go different but it‘s not like I bet a fortune either.

I think Arizona is a joke personally but that will be a good test before we play Dallas the following week. Those 2 games before the bye will give us a better idea how good this team is

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

The safety called for Goedert in a bad leg to somehow get inside Daron Payne and walk him off. 

Lots of bad situational calls. 

Also true.  

48 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The Eagles are much better than the Jags and should win next week, but I think it will be a game that is less pretty and will require 4 quarters of grinding to do it.

My feeling is it’ll be a similar game to the recent two. They’re similar to Washington. Athletic and capable QB, speed at WR, and a good DL. Everything else sucks. 

The game at AZ is wear I think the Eagles get their first loss. Scrambling QB, west coast trip, team desperate for a win (especially if 1-3). 

The scariest team in the NFC for us are the Packers. If their WRs improve, it'll be tough. Also, I don't think we're running the ball effectively enough to back teams off. 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

My feeling is it’ll be a similar game to the recent two. They’re similar to Washington. Athletic and capable QB, speed at WR, and a good DL. Everything else sucks. 

The game at AZ is wear I think the Eagles get their first loss. Scrambling QB, west coast trip, team desperate for a win (especially if 1-3). 

I hate Murray so much. I really hope we don't lose that one

Just now, RLC said:

The scariest team in the NFC for us are the Packers. If their WRs improve, it'll be tough. Also, I don't think we're running the ball effectively enough to back teams off. 

We didn't run it that well yesterday but I thought we did the first 2 games

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

He seems very uncoachable. 

His body language and facial expressions come off like a giant scumbag

Love the posters who every week post "Where are all the Hurts Haters now"

We're still here, we haven't gone anywhere, and it's hilarious that you think you've done something special. 

Hurts has stuffed us with crow, and we'll gladly continue to eat it. But nobody saw this coming, even after the Lions game there was a lot of questions. The last two games, he's actually played from the pocket and thrown the ball downfield. And, given his big money skill players chances to make plays. It's what we've wanted from him since he was named starter. 

It's been a fun ride so far, but like I said last week, the season is a marathon, not a sprint. He's still running too many times for my tastes, but at least we've moved away from the Lamar Jackson style offense, where the QBs first inclination is to run, to a more downfield attack. You win in this league by throwing the ball, and if they can keep this up, this team will be very tough to beat in any given week. 

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Brady scares me more in the playoffs than Rodgers 

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

We didn't run it that well yesterday but I thought we did the first 2 games

IMO, the pure running game (RBs only) is meh. Hurts' ++ ability as a runner elevates the run game. 

I thought both Sanders and Gainwell were disappointing/bad yesterday. They have to stop running into their own blockers.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think Wash decided to take away the run and make Hurts beat them with his arm. And he did, handily. 

Archived