EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Actually, it did. But if I explain it to you, you will end up calling me a sore winner again. So let's save ourselves the trouble, shall we? 

Your math was irrelevant ... less than irrelevant.  What was relevant was his play on the field.  Get over yourself.

Just now, mattwill said:

Your math was irrelevant ... less than irrelevant.  What was relevant was his play on the field.  Get over yourself.

You brought me up. If you don't want to engage with me, maybe don't do that. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

O, I didnt understand the question

I have a microwave above my oven. it has an exhaust fan that clicks on and sends it out my roof. 

next time I use my oven I'm gonna take before and after pictures of the sides/back/door with my temp gun

If it results in a 25 degree temperature swing you may want to call the fire department 

36 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes and every single one of those same beat writes that you keep mentioning to try and make your case also wrote that the handling of Carson strong was bizarre.

Hurts struggled in camp as well why not give him more reps???

If minshew needed the reps because he struggled In camo than couldn't the same be said for strong who also struggled in camp???

What's your excuse for sinnett sucking and getting reps over string.

Sinnett was atrocious, why not chuck strong in and give him some reps and at least see if he can play in a game setting.

More than likely because the eagles didn't want to risk his glass knee exploding on the field then having to have an injury settlement on top of his already guaranteed money.

Whats weird is how Carson Strong is no longer on the team even in the NFL is clearly zero threat to your boy toy hurts yet you still feel the need to bring Strong down a peg and ignore the oddity of the Strong situation to prop up hurts.

I don't know what happened with Strong, and unless you are Howie or another eagle employee close to the situation either do you.

The majority would agree that the situation was handled poorly and was very bizarre.

The one thing we do know is that Strong has a chronic knee condition that  dropped him out of the draft all together and most likely led to him not being in the NFL.

What we didn’t see was what the Eagles would have with Strong’s physical.  Maybe not worth the risk of having that knee hurt further.  We didn’t have a timer on him when he was throwing.  We didn’t observe his mechanics or whether the mechanics were fixable due to his bad leg.  We don’t know how he responded to coaching.  Whatever.  We are talking about a forth string QB that couldn’t beat out Reid Sinnett.  The Eagles liked Ian Book better than either of those two.  Pretty low bar.

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

He's done that literally every time but once, he's as sure handed a returner as we've had in years. They didn't bring a guy in, it's too late to do so, the least we can ask for is a guy who can catch the ball and make good decisions on when to let it bounce. Covey does that. He's the smallest part of the return game sucking, the blocking is horrible and has been for years

As sure handed as a outer returned that we have had in years? Lmao he literally muffed a punt. What a ridiculous statement. 

It's not too late to being someone in.  We aren't asking someone to learn an offense or defensive scheme. Covey isn't good enough that the Eagles should just settle on him as the PR and the they should be trying to find someone who can do better.  Same for kick returns, Quez is obviously not it at KR.  Huntley can't contribute at RB but he should at least be brought up for KR. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Here we go with a story how he was a fire fighter at one point because he used it to bag hotties.  

With zero photo evidence once again. :nonono:

@justrelax

I forgot to bring this one to your attention, although I'm pretty sure it made you smile.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Collusion

Clearly the NFL couldnt have another white boy out perform Hurts and take over the league. 

Get rid of him.

Guest justrelax
On 9/28/2022 at 1:14 PM, jsb235 said:

A good look at our line play.

(358) Jordan Mailata and the OL vs Washington - YouTube

The tl,dw version, Mailata, Lane and Kelce are really, really good. Seumalo wasn't good all day. Opeta was terrible. Our running backs are an issue. 

I was really frustrated with this analysis. Mailata made a ton of mistakes, barely mentioned. Lane was knocked on his ass on one play, no mention. Kelce whiffed at least twice. No comment. Dickerson whiffed half a dozen times, but Joey loves him so they pass with little comment. Opeta was terrible. Seumalo was much better than Joey allowed. No whiffs. yes, he gave up three pressures but no free runners, and those were two really really good DTs across from him. We had three guards in the game and Isaac was the best. Two of the three sacks came due to outside pressure, when Hurts had to step up. The third, and the only really bad one, was Mailata and Opeta butchering a simple twist by the DL.

Some more specifics. On the safety, Joey said we should have had double-team blocks. Uh, no. Washington filled every gap. You can only double-team when you have an uncovered lineman (that's someone lined up with no one over him). There were no uncovered linemen. The right play was a simple dive in the right-side A gap. Run it again and you'll see that it would have gained about three yards. From your own goal line, that's huge. There was another run that started inside our 10 and Sanders gained about 12. Who threw the key blocks there, Joey? Kelce, Dickerson and? And, on Goedert's TD, the key blocks were by Kelce and, who, Joey?

There was a reach block that Joey yammered about early. For anyone not sure what that is, a reach block is one where the lineman has to block someone who's lined up further to the side where the play is supposed to go than the lineman and the blocker has to catch up to his man, get ahead of him, and wall him off. Very tough duty. On the play Joey went on about, Isaac's reach block was not against a DT maybe half a yard away but against an LB, two yards away.  Isaac got to him, got his helmet in front, but couldn't get his whole body in front. He did well to get that far. Isaac did make several reach blocks elsewhere during the game. By contrast, Dickerson had none.

I loved that he had pretty much every snap but I think he sees things he wants to see a little too much and represses what he's not interested in.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why waste reps on him in preseason if he did nothing in training camp to earn preseason reps? 

You bring up how bad Sinnett looked in preseason and that should honestly give you further clarification of why Strong didn't play. Sinnett sucked yet by all accounts he was night and day better than Strong in training camp.  That's how brutally bad Strong looked in training camp. Eagles held onto him probably hoping they might be able to trade him for some other bottom of the roster player likely to be cut by another team but that never materialized. 

There is no league wide conspiracy against Strong.  He just isn't a NFL QB. 

Again these same beat writers who you say they said he looked so horrible in camp are the same guys that weeks later write WTF happened with Strong.

Why didn't he play ...

There is zero reason to sign a guy to the most UDFA money give him limited reps in practice zero reps in preseason then hold onto him until final cuts in hopes of trading him, talk about conspiracy.

Sinnett should be better than strong in camp, sinnett had a full off-season with the team knows the playbook and players and coaches.

Strong had the playbook for 3 weeks.

That doesn't explain why you just don't throw the guy out there in the pre season and let him play, what's the worst that could happen he totally sucks and you say see we told you he sucks, but nope that never happened.

Actually the worse that could happen is he gets into a pre season game takes a hit and his knee falls off, at which case the eagles are on the hook for a injury settlement ect...

Seeing as the probability of him hurting his knee in game action is higher than the probability of him totally sucking the most logical conclusion is the reason Carson strong didn't play is his knee is made of jello, the most reasonable explanation of him not getting signed by another team even though other qbs with far less arm talent and far less college production get more chances is that his knee is made of jello.

You can say he sucks if it makes you feel better about hurts, which again is kind of weird seeing as hurts just hit named NFC player of the month and String isn't even In the league 

I'm happy to eat crow about Hurts I said so many times I gladly would because that means the eagles have a QB which is good.

I don't care if that QB was hurts strong minshew sinnett or who ever else I just care that they are good 

For a minute there string looked like he could be a good pick up and the way the eagles handled the whole situation from start to finish was just odd.

Either way it's over, good luck to Strong I don't feel the need to drag him down, and good luck to hurts I hope he can continue his recent tear good for him well deserved.

11 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Im starting to think there is a league wide conspiracy against Carson Strong.

Just giving him a year off because his rookie season starting next september.

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

No place to put a grill or smoker in the shade without screwing up the aesthetics of the garden design ... form over function.

Behind that nice little wrought Iron fence might be a good spot to grill and commiserate...Add an umbrella...

Just now, Utebird said:

Again these same beat writers who you say they said he looked so horrible in camp are the same guys that weeks later write WTF happened with Strong.

Why didn't he play ...

There is zero reason to sign a guy to the most UDFA money give him limited reps in practice zero reps in preseason then hold onto him until final cuts in hopes of trading him, talk about conspiracy.

Sinnett should be better than strong in camp, sinnett had a full off-season with the team knows the playbook and players and coaches.

Strong had the playbook for 3 weeks.

That doesn't explain why you just don't throw the guy out there in the pre season and let him play, what's the worst that could happen he totally sucks and you say see we told you he sucks, but nope that never happened.

Actually the worse that could happen is he gets into a pre season game takes a hit and his knee falls off, at which case the eagles are on the hook for a injury settlement ect...

Seeing as the probability of him hurting his knee in game action is higher than the probability of him totally sucking the most logical conclusion is the reason Carson strong didn't play is his knee is made of jello, the most reasonable explanation of him not getting signed by another team even though other qbs with far less arm talent and far less college production get more chances is that his knee is made of jello.

You can say he sucks if it makes you feel better about hurts, which again is kind of weird seeing as hurts just hit named NFC player of the month and String isn't even In the league 

I'm happy to eat crow about Hurts I said so many times I gladly would because that means the eagles have a QB which is good.

I don't care if that QB was hurts strong minshew sinnett or who ever else I just care that they are good 

For a minute there string looked like he could be a good pick up and the way the eagles handled the whole situation from start to finish was just odd.

Either way it's over, good luck to Strong I don't feel the need to drag him down, and good luck to hurts I hope he can continue his recent tear good for him well deserved.

Strong had the playbook since May. 

Strong was clearly so bad that if the Eagles played him it would be obvious to the rest of the league how awful he was that it would kill any chance of any team that might have been interested in him as an undrafted free agent to potentially throw whatever bottom of the roster trash at the Eagles for a trade. 

His contract was fully guaranteed so they weren't avoiding any potential injury settlement, they were on the hook for his contract no matter what. 

Strong being bad has nothing to do with Jalen Hurts.  

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So other than my criticism of Covey there is never any criticism of other Eagles players from anyone in the blog and TATE? 

Blog and TATE are the same, they're redundant...

Yes plenty of criticism by lots of posters about lots of players followed by discourse, but you just keep relating the same thing and when somebody replies to you and shows what you've said to be misinformed or factually wrong you informed that point and continue to repeat your original criticism.

Your complaint has been logged.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Strong had the playbook since May. 

Strong was clearly so bad that if the Eagles played him it would be obvious to the rest of the league how awful he was that it would kill any chance of any team that might have been interested in him as an undrafted free agent to potentially throw whatever bottom of the roster trash at the Eagles for a trade. 

His contract was fully guaranteed so they weren't avoiding any potential injury settlement, they were on the hook for his contract no matter what. 

Strong being bad has nothing to do with Jalen Hurts.  

So it's your opinion that there is no conspiracy having to do with String and in your opinion the whole situation was due to him sucking so bad the eagles didn't want the rest of the league to see how bad he sucked so they could trade him for a bag of fish?

Nothing conspiratorial about that at all 

Continue, do tell...

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Blog and TATE are the same, they're redundant...

Yes plenty of criticism by lots of posters about lots of players followed by discourse, but you just keep relating the same thing and when somebody replies to you and shows what you've said to be misinformed or factually wrong you informed that point and continue to repeat your original criticism.

Your complaint has been logged.

Misinformed and factually wrong to say Covey tanks among the worst punt returnees in the league, has miffed a punt and has shown no flashes as a punt returner?

For whatever reason Brtian Covey is the golden child of the blog and any criticism of him is off limits. 

Definitely a conspiracy about Carson Strong. My sources told me how great he was playing in camp and the beat writers had an agenda to downplay how good he really was.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

So it's your opinion that there is no conspiracy having to do with String and in your opinion the whole situation was due to him sucking so bad the eagles didn't want the rest of the league to see how bad he sucked so they could trade him for a bag of fish?

Nothing conspiratorial about that at all 

Continue, do tell...

Yeah, you're idea that there is a league wide conspiracy against Carson Strong and he's actually very good based on a highlight video of post draft rookie OTA practice that he posted to Twitter after being cut is much less far fetched. 

They clearly didnt want a QB controversy. They knew that if Hurts was unable to score points for an entire half for multiple games then the fans would be calling for Strong to take over.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No they aren't.  Not even close.  As much goofy ish that goes on in here, it is nothing compared to TATE.  If you out there, don't go alone.  Or at least tie a rope around your waste before you leave.  

Tate and the blog are an Ouroboros

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Misinformed and factually wrong to say Covey tanks among the worst punt returnees in the league, has miffed a punt and has shown no flashes as a punt returner?

For whatever reason Brtian Covey is the golden child of the blog and any criticism of him is off limits. 

Misinformed or factually wrong that the solution is desean or ward...

17 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I was really frustrated with this analysis. Mailata made a ton of mistakes, barely mentioned. Lane was knocked on his ass on one play, no mention. Kelce whiffed at least twice. No comment. Dickerson whiffed half a dozen times, but Joey loves him so they pass with little comment. Opeta was terrible. Seumalo was much better than Joey allowed. No whiffs. yes, he gave up three pressures but no free runners, and those were two really really good DTs across from him. We had three guards in the game and Isaac was the best. Two of the three sacks came due to outside pressure, when Hurts had to step up. The third, and the only really bad one, was Mailata and Opeta butchering a simple twist by the DL.

Some more specifics. On the safety, Joey said we should have had double-team blocks. Uh, no. Washington filled every gap. You can only double-team when you have an uncovered lineman (that's someone lined up with no one over him). There were no uncovered linemen. The right play was a simple dive in the right-side A gap. Run it again and you'll see that it would have gained about three yards. From your own goal line, that's huge. There was another run that started inside our 10 and Sanders gained about 12. Who threw the key blocks there, Joey? Kelce, Dickerson and? And, on Goedert's TD, the key blocks were by Kelce and, who, Joey?

There was a reach block that Joey yammered about early. For anyone not sure what that is, a reach block is one where the lineman has to block someone who's lined up further to the side where the play is supposed to go than the lineman and the blocker has to catch up to his man, get ahead of him, and wall him off. Very tough duty. On the play Joey went on about, Isaac's reach block was not against a DT maybe half a yard away but against an LB, two yards away.  Isaac got to him, got his helmet in front, but couldn't get his whole body in front. He did well to get that far. Isaac did make several reach blocks elsewhere during the game. By contrast, Dickerson had none.

I loved that he had pretty much every snap but I think he sees things he wants to see a little too much and represses what he's not interested in.

Critiquing to fit his narrative...

Losing some credibility with that move...

Archived