EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Misinformed or factually wrong that the solution is desean or ward...

I don't think either are a solution to fixing the issue of PR but both offer upgrades over Covey but just for different reasons.  DeSean actually has the ability to break a return and Ward can actually be depended on not to muff a punt. 

Really though it comes down to a rare failure of Roseman to have not properly addressed an area that has been bad on this team for awhile. 

Meanwhile the Cowboys got a very nice returner off the streets this offseason. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah, you're idea that there is a league wide conspiracy against Carson Strong and he's actually very good based on a highlight video of post draft rookie OTA practice that he posted to Twitter after being cut is much less far fetched. 

Except Ive stated multiple times that I don't believe there is a conspiracy against Strong merely that his knee ultimately is what led to his downfall.

What I find odd and many other do is the eagles not clearing any if the questions up about how they handled the whole thing 

More than likely they didn't come out and say any thing about his knee be sure they didn't want to hurt his chances to sign with another team after being cut 

Most teams dont share internal medical reports though Strongs medical issues were well documented and known among the league which is probably why he's not signed anywhere 

Like I said I've seen way worse qbs  like sinnett and many other with less talent and less college production than Strong get more chances with multiple teams.

Which leads me to believe he wasn't cut and not signed anywhere because the eagles and the league believe he totally sucks but instead because his potential doesn't outweigh his Injury risk.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't think either are a solution to fixing the issue of PR but both offer upgrades over Covey but just for different reasons.  DeSean actually has the ability to break a return and Ward can actually be depended on not to muff a punt. 

Really though it comes down to a rare failure of Roseman to have not properly addressed an area that has been bad on this team for awhile. 

Agreed.  We'd be 4-0 now if we had a better punt returner.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I mean, how good is any punt returner if they don't have two TD's on one possession.

Just now, downundermike said:

I mean, how good is any punt returner if they don't have two TD's on one possession.

Depends. Is he white or black?

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

We'd be 6-0 if we had a better Punt Returner and a Big Bruising RB.... 

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So covey muffs one punt after successfully securing 9 others some while his own guys were running into him and now hes a chronic muffler???

And ward who muffed more than one punt in his career and failed to field multiple others leading to loss yards and bad field position is some how more dependable??? Ok 👌

As for desean lol, the only thing desean has broken on a punt return in the last decade is his foot.

Over the last 10 years he's averaged about 5 yards a PR, the big one he had against the Giants to win the game, he muffed it before picking it up, so can get be depended on to not muff a punt???

The double post thing strikes again.

Probably fix itself shortly...

Still occurring...

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

So covey muffs one punt after successfully securing 9 others some while his own guys were running into him and now hes a chronic muffler???

And ward who muffed more than one punt in his career and failed to field multiple others leading to loss yards and bad field position is some how more dependable??? Ok 👌

As for desean lol, the only thing desean has broken on a punt return in the last decade is his foot.

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Over the last 10 years he's averaged about 5 yards a PR, the big one he had against the Giants to win the game, he muffed it before picking it up so can get be defended on to not muff a punt???

...quoted for later forensics..

Guest justrelax
19 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Critiquing to fit his narrative...

Losing some credibility with that move...

Don’t knock him too much. He means well and most of his stuff is very good. I’m sure if I tried to do the same thing I’d make many mistakes.

18 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Except Ive stated multiple times that I don't believe there is a conspiracy against Strong merely that his knee ultimately is what led to his downfall.

What I find odd and many other do is the eagles not clearing any if the questions up about how they handled the whole thing 

More than likely they didn't come out and say any thing about his knee be sure they didn't want to hurt his chances to sign with another team after being cut 

Most teams dont share internal medical reports though Strongs medical issues were well documented and known among the league which is probably why he's not signed anywhere 

Like I said I've seen way worse qbs  like sinnett and many other with less talent and less college production than Strong get more chances with multiple teams.

Which leads me to believe he wasn't cut and not signed anywhere because the eagles and the league believe he totally sucks but instead because his potential doesn't outweigh his Injury risk.

Fact is all the reports from the beats were that he was far and away the worst QB in camp. You can't excuse that all to his knee. 

Gainwell returning kickoffs/punts is worth a shot. Could be no worse than the other current options on the roster.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Don’t knock him too much. He means well and most of his stuff is very good. I’m sure if I tried to do the same thing I’d make many mistakes.

Oh, I respect the effort and He seems to know his stuff, as do you.

Admittedly more knowledgeable than I am about O Line nuance, but I find a slant to his breakdowns.

Kelce rocked that game and to slight his play over one or two miscues seems disingenuous.

Mostly agree with the rest. LD needs to step up his game.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Fact is all the reports from the beats were that he was far and away the worst QB in camp. You can't excuse that all to his knee. 

You really just latch onto a singular talking point and refuse to allow any room for nuanced discussion. Not very mature.

You also are a racist....you were willing to give Hurts time to "develop", but a white rookie QB is the worst ever and deserved to be cut even though the beats said they were baffled by it as well. A white PR not allowed time to develop either. Again, not very mature of you. 

Grow up.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The same beat writers who later wondered why the heck he wasnt playing, the same beat writers that said Sinnett looked good, those beat writers???

12 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Over the last 10 years he's averaged about 5 yards a PR, the big one he had against the Giants to win the game, he muffed it before picking it up, so can get be depended on to not muff a punt???

When did Ward muff a punt? I honestly do not recall him muffin any.  He didn't offer anything in the return game just like Covey but at least he didn't muff any punts. 

DeSean broke a punt return for a TD in Tampa. It was called bakc in a tricky tack call that didn't have anything to do with his return.  Also he hasn't been a full tien returner in a very long time so you're looking at a much smaller sample size than already Covey has built over these 3 games. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

You really just latch onto a singular talking point and refuse to allow any room for nuanced discussion. Not very mature.

You also are a racist....you were willing to give Hurts time to "develop", but a white rookie QB is the worst ever and deserved to be cut even though the beats said they were baffled by it as well. A white PR not allowed time to develop either. Again, not very mature of you. 

Grow up.

Enjoy the ignore list.  Nothing at all if substance will be lost with never reading your posts again.  One of the trashiest posters on this board. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

When did Ward muff a punt? I honestly do not recall him muffin any.  He didn't offer anything in the return game just like Covey but at least he didn't muff any punts. 

DeSean broke a punt return for a TD in Tampa. It was called bakc in a tricky tack call that didn't have anything to do with his return.  Also he hasn't been a full tien returner in a very long time so you're looking at a much smaller sample size than already Covey has built over these 3 games. 

DeSean Jackson isn't even in the league anymore. Clearly the NFL has moved on, and the parallel to the Strong situation is hilarious. Yet you defend one and not the other....

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Enjoy the ignore list.  Nothing at all if substance will be lost with never reading your posts again.  One of the trashiest posters on this board. 

Rather be the trashiest than the racist race baiter you are. 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The same beat writers who later wondered why the heck he wasnt playing, the same beat writers that said Sinnett looked good, those beat writers???

Yeah, goes to show how awful Strong looked when Sinnett looked heads ans shoulders better than him to both the Eagles and the beat writers in attendance. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Such a whiny little snow flake..................

I will continue to show my support for Carson Strong despite the obvious racist remarks against his name on this board. Be strong against racism.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Small sample size😄

Covey has a grand total of 3 games and 10 punt returns with 1 muff that he secured 

Of course you don't remember ward muffing any punts, I'm sure he did having said that gotta field em to muff em, the amount of counts ward let bounce or go over his head was so frustrating.

Desean isnt the answer , last time he attempted to field a punt for the eagles he broke his foot.

Dudes 36 years old, since 2014 he has 9 PR and along injury history, covey has 10 PR in 3 games and has been totally blasted by the cover team, desean isnt going to hold up over a full season even as just a PR.

Who else you got?

I'd be willing to give Allen a shot but apparently dude isn't very good at it.🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah, goes to show how awful Strong looked when Sinnett looked heads ans shoulders better than him to both the Eagles and the beat writers in attendance. 

If those same beat writers thought String looked so bad then why would they later wonder in writing why he didn't play?

If they thought he was so bad why would they think he should play???

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Small sample size😄

Covey has a grand total of 3 games and 10 punt returns with 1 muff that he secured 

Of course you don't remember ward muffing any punts, I'm sure he did having said that gotta field em to muff em, the amount of counts ward let bounce or go over his head was so frustrating.

Desean isnt the answer , last time he attempted to field a punt for the eagles he broke his foot.

Dudes 36 years old, since 2014 he has 9 PR and along injury history, covey has 10 PR in 3 games and has been totally blasted by the cover team, desean isnt going to hold up over a full season even as just a PR.

Who else you got?

I'd be willing to give Allen a shot but apparently dude isn't very good at it.🤷‍♂️

Why do you even entertain that troll? 

Archived