EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Quez Watkins ranks dead last in kick return average, am I racist for stating that fact ??

Ummm...yes.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Covey hasn't been fine.  He's been among the worst in the league.  It's the biggest failure for Roseman this offseason is not bringing in anyone who can be a decent kick/punt returner. 

Go tuh tuh tell Charlie Babbitt.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think the reports were mixed on him and the concern was really his knee.  The Eagles gave him a sizeable UDFA bonus.  I am sure they would have kept him if they thought he had more potential.  

I think the risk of the knee was more than the reward of the potential 

After he got cut there were musings about him being stashed in the PS that he needed to.e, others said he had a bad attitude or that he just flat out sucked, which is a reasonable assumption to make .

Then after being cut he makes a statement thanking the eagles for the chance and his teammates and all he learned and what a great experience it was...dudes with bad attitudes don't normally say that stuff even when coached to 

Along with the statement is a released video of him at practice, the same practices some beat writers have said he looked horrible In, 

He's tossing dimes all over the field and one can see the same arm talent on that video that he showed in college...

So to me I'm thinking he looks fine to me why didnt he gets more practice reps, why after sinnett showed he totally ****dn't string get some pre season reps?

Beat writes ask the same question over the next few weeks and nothing is ever answered.

But miraculously RTK has the answer, and it's simply because Carson strong sucks 😒

More than likely it's because his knee is made of jello and it's not getting better and teams don't really want to pour resources Into a guy who may be using a cane in a year or two.

Sad but it is what it is, too bad  as the dude can spin it.

But hey if Hurts continues on his recent tear than there will be zero need to pin our hopes on a different QB.

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Covey hasn't been fine.  He's been among the worst in the league.  It's the biggest failure for Roseman this offseason is not bringing in anyone who can be a decent kick/punt returner. 

Yes and Howie and you have failed to come up with any alternatives so until then all you are doing is whining 

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes and every single one of those same beat writes that you keep mentioning to try and make your case also wrote that the handling of Carson strong was bizarre.

Hurts struggled in camp as well why not give him more reps???

If minshew needed the reps because he struggled In camo than couldn't the same be said for strong who also struggled in camp???

What's your excuse for sinnett sucking and getting reps over string.

Sinnett was atrocious, why not chuck strong in and give him some reps and at least see if he can play in a game setting.

More than likely because the eagles didn't want to risk his glass knee exploding on the field then having to have an injury settlement on top of his already guaranteed money.

Whats weird is how Carson Strong is no longer on the team even in the NFL is clearly zero threat to your boy toy hurts yet you still feel the need to bring Strong down a peg and ignore the oddity of the Strong situation to prop up hurts.

I don't know what happened with Strong, and unless you are Howie or another eagle employee close to the situation either do you.

The majority would agree that the situation was handled poorly and was very bizarre.

The one thing we do know is that Strong has a chronic knee condition that  dropped him out of the draft all together and most likely led to him not being in the NFL.

Hurts did get the bulk of reps in training camp and joint practices.  

Minshew is the top backup who was making the team. Strong was an undrafted free agent that needed to earn a roster spot. He performed so poorly at his opportunities in practice that he squandered his chance. 

And again, per all reports Strong was by far the worst looking QB of the 4 in camp.  No one struggled to the level of Strong in camp. 

I didn't bring up Strong to discuss.  I brought up Strong to TorontoEagle as an example of how off the make wrong he has been with his football opinions this year. 

There is no league wide conspiracy against Strong.  The Eagles didn't do him wrong.  The signed him to an expensive UDFA contract and the rest was on Strong to ewrn a roster spot which he didn't come close to doing and at the end of the day he only has himself to blame for that. 

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes and Howie and you have failed to come up with any alternatives so until then all you are doing is whining 

So bizarre criticism of Covey is apparently off limits. 

20 minutes ago, devpool said:

Pray tell, what is he supposed to do when the defenders are within 2 yards every other time he catches the ball? He's only muffed one, on a fantastic punt. He's caught every other one cleanly despite even getting bumped a couple of times during the catch.

He can definitely improve but he isn't the sole reason the return game sucks. It's also only been 3 games. God forbid anyone else is allowed 3 seasons to develop into something 

Fair catch it and actually catch it. 

He has shown no flashes at all in the return game in preseason and now 3 regular season games.  He showed no ability to make guys miss and no vision.  The special teams unit as whole is not good but Covey is also part of that not being good.  Quez and Covey are awful in their return positions.  

Punt Returner isn't a position that you develop at over the years in the NFL. You either have it or you don't and Covery doesn't have it. 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

yes, and then you heat your oven, kitchen, and basically the entire house. No thanks. 

Get a better oven maybe?

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Meanwhile Covey can't be depended to catch it when he attempts which opens up to very costly turnovers. 

So bizarre to see people here be such big supporters of a player as useless as Covey.  Wonder why that is. 

Does he look like a good punt returner now?

image.png.ac4112169ccaa3d9be9d58ec1bbde59f.png

when you bake/cook with your oven it doesnt heat up your house? 

What's that thing called above your oven?

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts did get the bulk of reps in training camp and joint practices.  

Minshew is the top backup who was making the team. Strong was an undrafted free agent that needed to earn a roster spot. He performed so poorly at his opportunities in practice that he squandered his chance. 

And again, per all reports Strong was by far the worst looking QB of the 4 in camp.  No one struggled to the level of Strong in camp. 

I didn't bring up Strong to discuss.  I brought up Strong to TorontoEagle as an example of how off the make wrong he has been with his football opinions this year. 

There is no league wide conspiracy against Strong.  The Eagles didn't do him wrong.  The signed him to an expensive UDFA contract and the rest was on Strong to ewrn a roster spot which he didn't come close to doing and at the end of the day he only has himself to blame for that. 

Ok.

Why not let him earn it in a pre seasin game.

If he was so horrible in camp why not just cut him, why wait to final cuts???, it's not like they needed the extra arm in camp if he wasn't getting any reps.

If he was so bad in camo then why did the same beat writers that suggested he was so bad in camp write weeks later about how bizarre the handling if Strong was?

If he was brought in to earn a roster spot than why not give him that chance by playing him in pre season game.

If strong didn't play in pre season because he sucked than why in the hell did Sinnett keep getting reps in pre season when he showed he obviously sucked?

Strong has obvious arm talent, and as stated I've seen plenty of less talented qbs like Reid Sinnett get more chances than Strong 

Why? Because their knees aren't made of jello.

Again I'm not saying there is a conspiracy against Strong I'm saying the most reasonable explanation is that his knee is made of jello and the eagles and the rest of the league don't want to pour resources/time into a guy who may need a knee replacement In a few years.

Occam's razor.

17 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Looks like my math added up to a player of the month award.

Your math had nothing to do with it.

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So bizarre criticism of Covey is apparently off limits. 

I think there is a more appropriate forum to rant and rave about players.

I can't remember the name of it though...

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Fair catch it and actually catch it. 

He has shown no flashes at all in the return game in preseason and now 3 regular season games.  He showed no ability to make guys miss and no vision.  The special teams unit as whole is not good but Covey is also part of that not being good.  Quez and Covey are awful in their return positions.  

Punt Returner isn't a position that you develop at over the years in the NFL. You either have it or you don't and Covery doesn't have it. 

He's done that literally every time but once, he's as sure handed a returner as we've had in years. They didn't bring a guy in, it's too late to do so, the least we can ask for is a guy who can catch the ball and make good decisions on when to let it bounce. Covey does that. He's the smallest part of the return game sucking, the blocking is horrible and has been for years

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

when you bake/cook with your oven it doesnt heat up your house? 

No it doesn't.  The oven enclosure is vented to the attic, not into the house.  The only heat happens when you open the oven door, once to put the roasting pan in and once to take it out.

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thanks for your input, don't care.  Read my other post about it.  Or don't.  Still don't care.  

Understood

... but you cared enough to make the original point.

Stove top?...stove... 

I guess I'm in the minority. As far back as I remember, grandparents, parents, my first apt, my home now. When I hear the oven to 350-400 for 40-60 minutes it makes my kitchen noticeable warmer. 

Turn on your vent.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well when you live in a double-wide, I guess that would be the case.  Just open the window across from the oven.  You know, the window next to the TV.  

So it is a double wide, I knew it.!

What's the over under on whether or not the car was a Camaro or a Trans Am???

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

Your math had nothing to do with it.

Actually, it did. But if I explain it to you, you will end up calling me a sore winner again. So let's save ourselves the trouble, shall we? 

Just now, Utebird said:

Ok.

Why not let him earn it in a pre seasin game.

If he was so horrible in camp why not just cut him, why wait to final cuts???, it's not like they needed the extra arm in camp if he wasn't getting any reps.

If he was so bad in camo then why did the same beat writers that suggested he was so bad in camp write weeks later about how bizarre the handling if Strong was?

If he was brought in to earn a roster spot than why not give him that chance by playing him in pre season game.

If strong didn't play in pre season because he sucked than why in the hell did Sinnett keep getting reps in pre season when he showed he obviously sucked?

Strong has obvious arm talent, and as stated I've seen plenty of less talented qbs like Reid Sinnett get more chances than Strong 

Why? Because their knees aren't made of jello.

Again I'm not saying there is a conspiracy against Strong I'm saying the most reasonable explanation is that his knee is made of jello and the eagles and the rest of the league don't want to pour resources/time into a guy who may need a knee replacement In a few years.

Occam's razor.

Why waste reps on him in preseason if he did nothing in training camp to earn preseason reps? 

You bring up how bad Sinnett looked in preseason and that should honestly give you further clarification of why Strong didn't play. Sinnett sucked yet by all accounts he was night and day better than Strong in training camp.  That's how brutally bad Strong looked in training camp. Eagles held onto him probably hoping they might be able to trade him for some other bottom of the roster player likely to be cut by another team but that never materialized. 

There is no league wide conspiracy against Strong.  He just isn't a NFL QB. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a cupboard.  He might have a stove or a bag of meth.  

Is there still a vent for built in ovens, or is there a separate one somewhere else in the kitchen?

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think there is a more appropriate forum to rant and rave about players.

I can't remember the name of it though...

So other than my criticism of Covey there is never any criticism of other Eagles players from anyone in the blog and TATE? 

Archived