EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

LULZ at comparing Sanders, his stats, his draft position, his salary, his TEAM to Cmacc. 

Ok. Should Trevor Lawrence bail? Higher "draft status” same "dead end job”.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Some dudes want to win, and go to the playoffs. The Panthers just his the reset button on a rebuild...AGAIN

IF ANYTHING!!!!!! The panthers should do the right thing and get him to a competitor, which also happens often in pro sports

Which is fine if they go to him. But he got a lot of money and got a lot for not playing . There’s the discord. 

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yes, he "could" do that. 
No, he won't do that.

Maybe. CBA only talks about returning bonus money in the event the player can't fulfill his contract (retirement, injury not related to Football, legal issues, etc). Doesn't really mention a player volunteering it. I think the NFLPA would fight this because it sets a really bad precedent while giving Owners leverage in other player disputes (like Wentz wanting to be traded).

Anyway, it's not going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Some dudes want to win, and go to the playoffs. The Panthers just his the reset button on a rebuild...AGAIN

IF ANYTHING!!!!!! The panthers should do the right thing and get him to a competitor, which also happens often in pro sports

He restructured his contract in back to back years. He doesn't care. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

6wfec0.jpg

Great Meme!

Lotsa Likes and Yuks, deservedly so, but I wouldn't kick Elliott to the curb just yet, he's injured, not ineffective.

Howie gets a Plus One for the fill in Job. Worked perfectly but Hey, doesn't everyone want two teenage Kickers on their Roster?? 

#Trendsetting..:P

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I havent texted him in awhile so I'm not sure.

But as a RB in this era, everyone of them should restructure for a better deal every year

He's not getting a better deal, he's just taking the cash he was going to get anyway, sooner. I'd tell him to do it too if I was his agent. But he can't really complain about being on the team if he willingly recommits to the team every year. 

25 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Quick note from yesterday being at the game and seeing the Murray spike on 3rd down play out. The scoreboard operator in the stadium flipped the graphic to 1st and 10 even though the line judges never moved the chains. I’m assuming Murray took a look at the scoreboard, saw the fresh set of downs, and went for the spike. So that operator might be out of a job today…

If they fire the clock scoreboard operator, that's a real shame.  Murray should know how to tell if he got a first down.  The linesman will wave the chains to move, the referee will signal it, and the chains will move.  If the chains haven't budged, then its not a first down.   The fault is 100% on Murray and Kingsbury (who admitted he also thought it was a first down).  The mechanics of the game are the same at every level.  The scoreboard can say whatever... it doesn't matter.  All that matters is what the white hat says.  If the white hat doesn't signal first down, it ain't.

Problem with CMC is Carolina would be eating a lot of dead money to move him. Why eat that for a 4th round pick at best?

As for the player, I've always said he's Brian Westbrook 2.0, which would he a great addition to this O. If the Eagles managed his workload/practice days, it could probably work in 2022.

But yeah, not happening.

FeqprIoUYAAs6PU?format=jpg&name=small

After congratulating the Team on their Big Win in Arizona.  Donovan met the team in the Locker Room including Nick and Jalen.  

Just now, KINGnabb said:

After congratulating the Team on their Big Win in Arizona.  Donovan met the team in the Locker Room including Nick and Jalen.  

Did he then proceed to eat Nick and Jalen?

:unsure:

21 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Hurts also didn’t take a straight dropback there; he drifted to his right — not sure why.  

Because the LT and LG both were beat cleanly on the play.

2 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Is he sweating balls or is that just a terrible t-shirt design?

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If they fire the clock scoreboard operator, that's a real shame.  Murray should know how to tell if he got a first down.  The lineman will wave the chains to move, the referee will signal it, and the chains will move.  If the chains haven't budged, then its not a first down.   The fault is 100% on Murray and Kingsbury (who admitted he also thought it was a first down).  The mechanics of the game are the same at every level.  The scoreboard can say whatever... it doesn't matter.  All that matters is what the white hat says.  If the white hat doesn't signal first down, it ain't.

Their whole 2 minute offense wasn't very impressive. They wasted a lot of time on some of the plays and barely worked the sidelines at all. I also thought they could have had a play ready instead of spiking it on first down with 40 seconds left when they were nearing the redzone. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is great.  Sports !!  

This is 100% the reason why I wish all of professional sports would leave any messaging that can make sports political out of it.  Look at this.  Pure joy and coming together from multiple races.  WHO CARES about anything else but our teams.  I want sports to be innocent and fun again.  

Guest justrelax
39 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

This play is very useful for Sirianni and Steichen to analyze, because it’s going to replay itself in crunch times the rest of this season.  Other teams will follow the Cardinals plan here:

Bring overload pressure from Hurts’ right — forces him to make a quick decision, and cuts off his preferred escape route.  Hopefully they draw up various counters to this type of pressure defense and Hurts can improve his execution when it really counts 

No. The immediate pressure is from Hurts’ left. There’s no overload, just defenders lining up with the goal line behind them.

I think @Waiting4Someday has it right in his post a couple back.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Their whole 2 minute offense wasn't very impressive. They wasted a lot of time on some of the plays and barely worked the sidelines at all. I also thought they could have had a play ready instead of spiking it on first down with 40 seconds left when they were nearing the redzone. 

Kingsbury is still a college coach where the clock stops while the chains reset.  

The Eagles' D wasn't good on that drive, but didn't have to be.  A better QB and the Eagles likely lose on that 2 minute drive with a TD scored.  

No need to scapegoat the clock operator for the failures of the HC and QB to understand the basics of the game.

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

No. The immediate pressure is from Hurts’ left. There’s no overload, just defenders lining up with the goal line behind them.

I think @Waiting4Someday has it right in his post a couple back.

No.  There is zero immediate pressure from the left.  Opeta pushes the blitzing player past.  There’s no blocker at all to account for the blitzing players to the right, and Hurts drifts directly into the pressure.

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is 100% the reason why I wish all of professional sports would leave any messaging that can make sports political out of it.  Look at this.  Pure joy and coming together from multiple races.  WHO CARES about anything else but our teams.  I want sports to be innocent and fun again.  

Bet they’re pissed off they dropped their phones through 😂

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There’s no blocker at all to account for the blitzing players to the right, and Hurts drifts directly into the pressure.

Gainwell. That's who is supposed to pick up the free rusher. 

21 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Great Meme!

Lotsa Likes and Yuks, deservedly so, but I wouldn't kick Elliott to the curb just yet, he's injured, not ineffective.

Howie gets a Plus One for the fill in Job. Worked perfectly but Hey, doesn't everyone want two teenage Kickers on their Roster?? 

#Trendsetting..:P

I don't want to kick Elliott to the curb yet, however, he has a cap hit of $5.7 and $5.4 the next two years.  Now, maybe he's a prime candidate for an extension to bring that down but having a kicker waiting in the wings could be huge for the team and the cap moving forward.  

Now, it was only one game, and he only had 2 FGs, but if Dicker shows any sort of promise then I think the Eagles need to keep him on the roster.  I think he's on the team this week at the very least giving Elliott 3 full weeks to heal missing 2 games and the bye.  If Dicker performs again against the Cowboys then maybe Jake could be trade bait?  

Just thoughts moving forward and looking at gaining every ounce of cap space possible.  I do not want Jake Elliott gone, he hasn't done anything to deserve to be gone.  Just want to clarify that.

16 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Is he sweating balls or is that just a terrible t-shirt design?

I was thinking the same thing.  I can't tell. I'm leaning towards a bad design.  He can't be that sweaty and hot can he?

Who here is good at meme magic?  Need to put Dicker's face on here, change it to 13 and make it say Dicker the Kicker the Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon 

The Wonderful World of Disney" The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking  Philadelphia Phenomenon (TV Episode 1998) - IMDb

59 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont know the answer to this....

Is Cmac allowed to rework his contract, or agree to rework his contract prior to being traded? 

If I'm Cmacc, who grew up a multi millionaire, who got an amazing college scholarship for free and has already made generational wealth, I'd DO ANYTHING to get off that Panthers team

This takes me back to the 1st Quarter of 2009 ... in the lead-up to the Jason Peters trade. The possibilities are mind-boggling (mind-bottling if you prefer).

So, the question I have is how well does CMacC thrive in this Eagles Offense?  As a runner?  As a receiver?  As a blocker?  Thoughts?   

The talking heads are licking the Cowboys Defense right now. They are 3rd in points and 9th in yards. Its not exactly the '85 Bears.

Here are the offenses they faced so far:

Offense  points yards

CIN   16  20  new line was a mess for the first few weeks
TB     19  19  new middle of the line and lots of injuries
DC     26  16  bad O-line
LAR   29  25  really bad O-line with injuries (F DEM PICKS!)
NYG   20  21 surprisingly decent O-line but terrible WRs

Eagles 4 2 on offense while also having the 7 6 defense. (having faced better offenses)

If the Eagles come in with OL backups then Hurts will face pressure but this defense has not been proven against a good offense yet.

FYI, Dallas is 24 27 on offense.

Dallas has some good players. The Eagles are a much better team.

Archived