EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, RLC said:

If Mailata and/or Dillard are fine, I feel confident we beat the Cowboys.

If Driscoll plays, then it'll be a dog fight.

Too soon.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

That isn’t necessarily the issue; of the last few SB coaches Andy Reid was a retread, Bruce Arians was a retread, Bill Belichick was a retread, Pete Carroll was a retread, Gary Kubiak was a retread, Tom Coughlin was a retread. That’s like 7-8 of the last 11 SB winners.

I don’t think there are many coaches, retread or otherwise, who can consistently win for Snyder.

With the exception of Carroll, all of them had success at the NFL level.  Carroll was a sought after coach because of his history at USC.  Rivera did not have the same kind of success as the others.  I think the bigger problem is that he didn't look to bring in assistants from different backgrounds, especially on the offensive side, that woul have brought some creativity to the team. 

52 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is great.  Sports !!  

And that's why the blog should have a big meet up at the game - so we can hug it all out.  

What’s interesting about Hurts bailing on that third down is that Steichen was supposedly (via lip reading) seen telling Hurts pre-play to "trust me.” After the game those two had a long talk in the locker room prior to his media availability.  I’m curious if those two things are related. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I dont know the answer to this....

Is Cmac allowed to rework his contract, or agree to rework his contract prior to being traded? 

If I'm Cmacc, who grew up a multi millionaire, who got an amazing college scholarship for free and has already made generational wealth, I'd DO ANYTHING to get off that Panthers team

Yes.

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What’s interesting about Hurts bailing on that third down is that Steichen was supposedly (via lip reading) seen telling Hurts pre-play to "trust me.” After the fake those two had a long talk in the locker room prior to his media availability.  I’m curious if those two things are related. 

Hurts has to be a little better at standing in there for a second and throwing instead of immediately taking off. The play worked.

40 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Listening to it on the Cards’ feed they thought at first Thompson had a sure INT, and dropped it when he collided with another defender.  On second look said both he and Watkins had their hands on it.

Characterized it as Hurts throwing it up for grabs, which I’d say is partially true.  It was definitely an ill-advised throw in the red zone where he passed up an easy throw to AJ Brown 

I’m not surprised they thought that. When i saw it go up I said "crap it’s gonna get picked” to my sister who was at the game with me. Actually thought Thompson caught it at first and with the amount of time left that we were going to be in trouble. Once they said it was incomplete was like that’s a dangerous throw to make given the situation and time. 

i thought for sure they were gonna run some play for brown. Likely a screen/bubble cause they had been doing it all game with smith and Watkins. But really it’s an easy completion. If he gets in using his physicality great. If he doesn’t they burn some time and force the cardinals to use their last timeout. I reiterate we are super fortunate Thompson got hurt otherwise the cardinals have one timeout with the ball and potentially murray can call a timeout instead of spiking it on 3rd down.  

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Is Cmac allowed to rework his contract, or agree to rework his contract prior to being traded? 

If I'm Cmacc, who grew up a multi millionaire, who got an amazing college scholarship for free and has already made generational wealth, I'd DO ANYTHING to get off that Panthers team

Quitter

16 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

With the exception of Carroll, all of them had success at the NFL level.  Carroll was a sought after coach because of his history at USC.  Rivera did not have the same kind of success as the others.  I think the bigger problem is that he didn't look to bring in assistants from different backgrounds, especially on the offensive side, that woul have brought some creativity to the team. 

Rivera made the SB and won the division something like 3-4 out of 6 years during prime Brees. That’s a lot more than Belichick did in Cleveland or at least on par with Coughlin in Jacksonville.

2 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Burns is probably a top 5 edge rusher in the league.

Would not give up a top 5 pick for him. With the QBs coming out this year and teams waiting this past year for this year, you could get a ransom for a top 5 pick this year. Trade back and rack up multiple picks/players

Later first rounder fine, but not a top 5

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d have to go watch the replay of that. Felt like they ran a drag route across the field with him. Then again it was the far side of the field from where i was. 

play I’m talking about looks more like a go in motion drag. slant I want is brown runs a yard and a half vertical and slants going into the end zone. not running him across the field where he’s running horizontally across at the 4

This play is very useful for Sirianni and Steichen to analyze, because it’s going to replay itself in crunch times the rest of this season.  Other teams will follow the Cardinals plan here:

Bring overload pressure from Hurts’ right — forces him to make a quick decision, and cuts off his preferred escape route.  Hopefully they draw up various counters to this type of pressure defense and Hurts can improve his execution when it really counts 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Winning > paying for my grand kids grand kids college

He’s getting paid handsomely wherever he plays.

if the team trades him fine, him demanding out because he’s wealthy? After missing tons of games < nah

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Yea, I mentioned this earlier, he said "trust me... trust me....Fing trust me..."

My thought was Steichen called a run play, told Hurts to trust me, and Hurts changed the play. Which would also be a reasonable excuse on why we had 3 guys holding hands in the corner of the end zone

I think he's telling Hurts not to panic. Trust that the play will work. Take the snap, see it, and throw... rather than take off at the first sight of pressure.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

So if you worked at a dead end job, where you were miserable, unhappy and werent achieving any goals you'd stick around?

GTFO.

It's crazy some of the dumb crap people say on here 

You’re right it is crazy "dead end job”. GTFOH Christian McCaffrey has a dead end job. 
As soon as something gets tough … quit? F’ing play it’s 5 games into the season, you’ve basically missed 2 seasons. He shouldn’t be demanding a damn thing.

10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

This play is very useful for Sirianni and Steichen to analyze, because it’s going to replay itself in crunch times the rest of this season.  Other teams will follow the Cardinals plan here:

Bring overload pressure from Hurts’ right — forces him to make a quick decision, and cuts off his preferred escape route.  Hopefully they draw up various counters to this type of pressure defense and Hurts can improve his execution when it really counts 

Swag could just throw it to AJ, he had his man beat. Looks like 2 WRs are in the same area to cordone off any help, Quez is providing trash for other DBs to work through.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So if you worked at a dead end job, where you were miserable,  no future, unhappy and werent achieving any goals you'd stick around?

GTFO.

You are the one saying that he should give back $17 million so that he can negotiate a deal with a new team. Does that sound like a rational thing to do?

Quick note from yesterday being at the game and seeing the Murray spike on 3rd down play out. The scoreboard operator in the stadium flipped the graphic to 1st and 10 even though the line judges never moved the chains. I’m assuming Murray took a look at the scoreboard, saw the fresh set of downs, and went for the spike. So that operator might be out of a job today…

13 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

In general, sure. In his situation, I don't know what he could really do. The only thing that would help the Panthers move on from him is if he returned bonus money, but I have no idea if he could actually do that and I'm pretty sure the NFLPA wouldn't let that fly. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Like cmc but he rarely stays healthy anymore and that contract going forward is something I’d rather stay away from with some other guys we may have to pay still

That would be my concern with cmc - kind of like buying a BMW - with 200,000 miles on it.

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

He's had 3 winning seasons in 12 years of coaching. 

If you take out the lucky 15-1 season his numbers as a HC are down right putrid. 

and bill Belichick had 1 single winning season.

If we’re talking about "lucky seasons”, remove Arians’ "lucky” 2015 and suddenly he hasn’t made it out of the first round of the playoffs until he got Tom brady

4 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Swag could just throw it to AJ, he had his man beat. Looks like 2 WRs are in the same area to cordone off any help, Quez is providing trash for other DBs to work through.

Hurts also didn’t take a straight dropback there; he drifted to his right — not sure why.  He ended up drifting toward the pressure 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

In general, sure. In his situation, I don't know what he could really do. The only thing that would help the Panthers move on from him is if he returned bonus money, but I have no idea if he could actually do that and I'm pretty sure the NFLPA wouldn't let that fly. 

Yes, he "could" do that. 
No, he won't do that.

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So if you worked at a dead end job, where you were miserable, unhappy and werent achieving any goals you'd stick around?

GTFO.

Miles Sanders has missed games throughout his career, the Eagles were 2-5 last year. Should’ve he gave done everything to get out of his dead end job?

Half the message board claimed this was a  massive rebuild. Teams turn  around in very short periods of time.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Carolina is 100000% a dead end job. Never mad the playoffs with him, and with a short running back career, doubt he ever will

Wild to me that you think Cmac owes anything to the panthers lol

He may not owe them anything but he shouldn’t be demanding to go anywhere else. 

1 hour ago, RLC said:

LaCanfora, but still.

Years too late. Don't want CMC with the mileage he has with likely what they want for him

Archived